TorontoPJFanTorontoPJFan Posts: 133
    Toronto2, in my opinion.
    How could she say to me, "love will find a way?"

Toronto Molson Amphitheatre 06.28.2003
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.09.2006
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.10.2006
  • Options
    CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    This is probably not the best thread to ask this, but its not worthy of its own... ;)

One of my favorite tunes off Yield was "No Way"... and I happened to see its only been played 3 TIMES in concert!!!? WTF!? Anyone know if there is a reason they rarely play songs like Breath, No Way... and of course LEASH?

Im sure about 10,000 of you do know the answer.... but Im pretty new here :)
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Toronto 2 was a special night. I know it sounds cliched, but you had to be there; as is often the case, the setlist tells only part of the story. I've seen Pearl Jam 21 times, and I've *never* seen the band--not just Ed, but the entire band--so buoyantly happy for an entire show. The synergy between the band and the audience was magical; it manifested itself not just in a 30-song show, but in the improvs, the speeches, the off-the-cuff moments (see: "Beast of Burden")...honestly, you had to be there. Of those 21 shows, some of them are "classic" Pearl Jam concerts (e.g., Buffalo, State College, Boston 2004 night II), but I've never left a venue feeling so utterly exhilirated as when I left the Air Canada Centre a week ago tonight.

Oh, and since we're talking about it, the setlist was *far* from routine. "Low Light" has been played live nine times in eight years! Throw in "You Are", "Whipping", "Even Flow" (they *never* play that!) and "Indifference", and I can't understand how some people think of it as standard fare. Then again, I'm biased as hell...but in light of all this, I clearly vote for Toronto 2. ;)

Steve

p.s.: Sorry for being long-winded.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    Albany

hands down IMO
  • Options
    blueredgrayblueredgray Posts: 25
    Chicago 2 should be great once the bootleg is available (I was there so I'm biased). Of the ones I've downloaded - definitely Albany.
    2003 - Champaign (first show), Chicago, Uniondale, MSG II, State College, Alpine Valley; 2004 - Toledo, Grand Rapids; 2005 - Kitchener, London.
  • Options
    Well, I haven't been to any yet... I'm hoping that E. Rutherford 2 is going to blow all of these away... but based on the boots I've heard so far... Albany is my favorite.... Toronot 1 and 2 are great, Chicago 2 setlist looks great too... but everything is there with the Albany set... which is great, cause usually the bigger the city the bigger the show... but congrats to Albany and anyone who was there... because I'm listening to it right now and it f'in rocks!

ARMY RESERVE!!!
    7/12/03--10/1/04--10/3/05--5/31/06--6/3/06--6/24/08--10/31/09--10/19/13--10/22/13
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Albany, TO 2 close second. But Albany 1st.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Toronto 2 was an amazing experience. The setlist, sound and evergy were unmatched by any other show that I've attended. I really felt that the band and the crowd had a solid connection.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Albany....
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    OceansOceans Posts: 86
    I saw both Toronto shows and Albany and I have to say Albany was the most dissapointing..tough crowd, the band just could not connect with them. Although the raraties rocked.

I met Stone the next day in Albany and he said the same, and he believed Toronto night #2 was solid all the way thorugh. He also said he'd do some singing on tour...

I agree..the crowd was into it, perhaps warmed up from night 1 and the setlist just kept things flowing.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I had a better time in chicago than any show ive ever been to simply b/c of all the people i met.

heres how i rank my shows this tour so far

Chicago 2
    Albany
    Irving Plaza
    Chicago 1
    Hartford
  • Options
    ABetterManABetterMan Posts: 22
    Stryker420 wrote:
    Although Albany was shorter, I think it had the better set list (Satan's Bed, Red Mosquito, Rats, Sad, etc.).

(and thats to say nothing of a 12 minute(!) Porch)

I loved the slow start to Porch, sounded awesome.
    2006: May 13th and 25th, June 1st and 3rd
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    pjamfreak wrote:
    Oceans wrote:
    I saw both Toronto shows and Albany and I have to say Albany was the most dissapointing..tough crowd, the band just could not connect with them. Although the raraties rocked.

I dont know what are you are talking about..connection thing but the band connected very well and chat all night with the crowd...they were very into it during this rainy night ! Sorry pal but you cant compare Toronto 1 to Albany for sure...

i cant wait to listen chicago 2, by the way !
    ALBANY STILL RULES !
    my dad can kick your dad's ass....

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08