Request for Forum Rule Additions

Can we somehow ask the admins to make rules to limit the obnoxious "fishing" that goes on?

Like some of the time its all good... but when people create multiple threads for the same greedy request and they get bumped for months and multiple times a day it gets old. Or when people put out an unreasonable cash offer or trade and bump their thread up with empty posts for a month plus. It would be nice to have some sort of limiting criteria on this crap. One thread, 1 bump/empty post a day, time limit before it gets locked or you significantly change your asking price.

I know Im going to be told to "just ignore it", but it is tough because it happens so often and these things are aggressively and frequently "marketed". It muddies up and cheapens the whole forum. Its fucking stupid.

Comments

• Right on!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    In the scheme of things, how much of an impact does it have on you or on anyone else?

Scroll on by!

There are many requests out there for songs to be played for various emotional/personal reasons, that are bumped on a frequent basis as well. Avarice could be attached to those as well.

I figure people will post or bump as they want...no biggie if going by the guidelines.

Otherwise, just let the mods deal with it if considered skeevy.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,911
    Hell.....at least those people are still here!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    The song requests are one thing... I dont look at them, but dont really mind them because at least they are about a favorite song, which is the art that draws us here. I rather go into shows completely blind though. If someone i begging for, say BRY for a show Im going to and its played, it takes some of the thrill away.

As far as "fishing" goes, I would say the line seems fairly obvious, and I agree with the OP. You dont get satisfaction after awhile, change your expectations/demands or move on. They gum up the board. I would really like GA tickets too. Im not going to subject 100s of other fans to groveling. Maybe just make a groveling forum at the bottom of the board and place all such threads in their own pit. Any thread where the OP posts more than 5 times in a row is banished... (Would be cool to write in code that prevents the bumping of threads in this fashion, but Im sure there are/would be mults).
  • imalive said:

Hell.....at least those people are still here!

No kidding.
    MayDay10 said:

The song requests are one thing... I dont look at them, but dont really mind them because at least they are about a favorite song, which is the art that draws us here. I rather go into shows completely blind though. If someone i begging for, say BRY for a show Im going to and its played, it takes some of the thrill away.

As far as "fishing" goes, I would say the line seems fairly obvious, and I agree with the OP. You dont get satisfaction after awhile, change your expectations/demands or move on. They gum up the board. I would really like GA tickets too. Im not going to subject 100s of other fans to groveling. Maybe just make a groveling forum at the bottom of the board and place all such threads in their own pit. Any thread where the OP posts more than 5 times in a row is banished... (Would be cool to write in code that prevents the bumping of threads in this fashion, but Im sure there are/would be mults).

I dunno, maybe it doesn't irritate me because I don't check out those threads. But again, if it's more about annoyance than not being legit, kind of seems like something to let slide off your back. Or hit up the stickied suggestion thread on the Porch...granted much seems to NOT be heard, but some of it has.

Your suggestion of a separate section of the forum for threads like the ones in question seems like a win-win.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Could they please bring DS back too while they're at it?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    OK - read a couple other threads. I get it now.

Still stand by the "it's not a big (personal) deal in the end and the mods'll deal with it", but yeah.

I get it.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited September 2014
    I don't really care. But it would be cool if a few more topics were created. One for song requests at shows, another just for ticket sales/ISOs. Then the mods could just move them all to their own area.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata