Co-Worker who isnt all there.

So I worked a little overtime yesterday, at a dedicated account that I am at every day. My company sent another driver, who works a different shift than me, to give me a hand. This other driver has maybe worked at our company for 1 1/2 years, maybe 2 years. In those 2 years I really have never had much conversation with this other gentleman, other than "Hey, how are you doing".

Anyway, we both arrive at this account, and for the next 2 hours this driver tells me story after story about how he is "Gods Gift" to the trucking industry, and to our company. Story after story of how our company is SO lucky to have him working for them. On and on he goes. For 2 hours.

Now maybe this ding-a-ling doesn't realize he was talking to someone who has more seniority than 90% of the other drivers who work there. Maybe he didn't realize that I have known/worked with the lead dispatcher for 20 years. Maybe he didn't realize he was a blithering idiot, talking out of his ass. hahahahaha

But I listened and shook my head every once and a while. I am pretty sure I may have only uttered 5 words the entire time. Anyway it was about 2 hours of having to deal with this knucklehead that he said the MAGIC WORDS!

"This company would NEVER get rid of me. They will NEVER fire me"

And that's when I smiled. Because over the years I have learned one thing. EVERY single person I have ever known in life, who says those magic words? They usually lose their job within 30 days.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

So I worked a little overtime yesterday, at a dedicated account that I am at every day. My company sent another driver, who works a different shift than me, to give me a hand. This other driver has maybe worked at our company for 1 1/2 years, maybe 2 years. In those 2 years I really have never had much conversation with this other gentleman, other than "Hey, how are you doing".

Anyway, we both arrive at this account, and for the next 2 hours this driver tells me story after story about how he is "Gods Gift" to the trucking industry, and to our company. Story after story of how our company is SO lucky to have him working for them. On and on he goes. For 2 hours.

Now maybe this ding-a-ling doesn't realize he was talking to someone who has more seniority than 90% of the other drivers who work there. Maybe he didn't realize that I have known/worked with the lead dispatcher for 20 years. Maybe he didn't realize he was a blithering idiot, talking out of his ass. hahahahaha

But I listened and shook my head every once and a while. I am pretty sure I may have only uttered 5 words the entire time. Anyway it was about 2 hours of having to deal with this knucklehead that he said the MAGIC WORDS!

And that's when I smiled. Because over the years I have learned one thing. EVERY single person I have ever known in life, who says those magic words? They usually lose their job within 30 days.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

This was an epic story mike. U should've told him that you were gods gift to the company and that you can walk on water too. =))
  • badbrains said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

This was an epic story mike. U should've told him that you were gods gift to the company and that you can walk on water too. =))
    I felt like telling the asshole.
    Hey asshole? You do realize we are truck drivers? Most of the world views us as the scum of the Earth?

hahahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I felt like telling the asshole.
    Hey asshole? You do realize we are truck drivers? Most of the world views us as the scum of the Earth?

hahahahaha
    What an asshole =)) . In jersey, gas attendants are the scum of the earth. Remember, jersey girls "don't" pump their own gas. Fucken princess'.... ^:)^