Options

So why was Mansfield such a hot ticket?

StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
edited March 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I can't believe they went that fast. They went faster then MSG 2. Luckily I got through in the first minute.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    It's no secret that PJ loves playing in the Boston area. It's always a great show.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    lol. I guess I won't have trouble getting rid of my second Mansfield ticket then.
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    maybe cause of the 3 set blowout they had in 03!
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    ski-bum wrote:
    It's no secret that PJ loves playing in the Boston area. It's always a great show.

except if you consider the 2nd night of 2006. That show wasn't that good.

edit, it might have been the first. the one where Theo Epstein didn't come on stage to wasn't that great. decent at best
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    thunderDAN wrote:

edit, it might have been the first. the one where Theo Epstein didn't come on stage to wasn't that great. decent at best

Wasn't that the show they played Leash for the first time in years, (since Boston)
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    Boston 1 was great. Boston 2 was legendary.
  • Options
    solat1973solat1973 Posts: 131
    Ur joking with this post right, did the website not crash 100 times for MSG, mansfield was easy to grab.Lets not argue about better shows or better cities cause its childish. U like what u like and other people like what they like.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
  • Options
    solat1973 wrote:
    Ur joking with this post right, did the website not crash 100 times for MSG, mansfield was easy to grab.Lets not argue about better shows or better cities cause its childish. U like what u like and other people like what they like.

What the hell are you even talking about?

On a totally unrelated note, if you can't spell the word "you" with all three letters, kindly GTFO my Internet.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ski-bum wrote:

exactly. NYC area shows, boston shows.....ALWAYS hot tickets. it's no surprise at all to me that these shows flew. and as ever, many travel to numerous shows in the NE b/c we have such a high concentration of die-hard fans, and the ease of hitting up numerous shows within a 4 hour drive makes them even hotter tix.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    ski-bum wrote:
    Wasn't that the show they played Leash for the first time in years, (since Boston)

no that is the one I thought was really good
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    thunderDAN wrote:
    no that is the one I thought was really good

They were both awesome. The crowd at the first show was one of the best PJ crowds ever.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Stryker420 wrote:

On a totally unrelated note, if you can't spell the word "you" with all three letters, kindly GTFO my Internet.

do you go cow tipping in upstate ny? or play bingo at the local firehouse bro get out of my face please
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Stryker420 wrote:

And yet you can't spell what I'm assuming is "get the fuck off" with all four words, which is even worse...

On a totally related note, Eddie Vedder wrote a song entitled "U". He probably used to spell "you" like that on your internet too, and you said the same thing to him. You're the whole reason Eddie Vedder doesn't post here anymore.
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    And yet you can't spell what I'm assuming is "get the fuck off" with all four words, which is even worse...

On a totally related note, Eddie Vedder wrote a song entitled "U". He probably used to spell "you" like that on your internet too, and you said the same thing to him. You're the whole reason Eddie Vedder doesn't post here anymore.

Apparently, you also can't take a joke. And what the fuck does Eddie coming here have to do with anything? Why would I care if he posted here or not. I come here to talk about shows and things generally related to the tour experience. Honestly, if Ed posted here, I don't think I'd have much to talk to him about. I enjoy PJs music, but I don't fall all over myself at the prospect of meeting the band.

But if I had to guess, I'd guess that he stopped posting here because every body was all "Play Leash at my show," "lol no. Play it at my show," "Play Dirty Frank because you haven't played it in like 1,376 day."
  • Options
    solat1973 wrote:
    do you go cow tipping in upstate ny? or play bingo at the local firehouse bro get out of my face please

Bro? Uh, no. Also, I know this is an Internet message board and all, but your lack of capitalization and punctuation makes you look like the hick. That, and your juvenile generalizations pretty much make your point moot. Want to try again?
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Stryker420 wrote:
    Apparently, you also can't take a joke. And what the fuck does Eddie coming here have to do with anything? Why would I care if he posted here or not. I come here to talk about shows and things generally related to the tour experience. Honestly, if Ed posted here, I don't think I'd have much to talk to him about. I enjoy PJs music, but I don't fall all over myself at the prospect of meeting the band.

But if I had to guess, I'd guess that he stopped posting here because every body was all "Play Leash at my show," "lol no. Play it at my show," "Play Dirty Frank because you haven't played it in like 1,376 day."

Jeez...I'm the one that can't take a joke? You thought I was being serious about your not liking the spelling of "U" and Eddie Vedder spelling "U" and you telling a guy that if he types "U" to get off the internet...?
  • Options
  • Options
    Stryker420 wrote:

Don't be mad because your stuck upstate its alright have fun in what ever you do I am not arguing with you anymore I got better things to do. Have fun at the shows. ENJOY!!!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Apparently, you also can't take a joke. And what the fuck does Eddie coming here have to do with anything? Why would I care if he posted here or not.

I'm pretty sure he was joking ... speaking of not being able to take a joke.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure he was joking ... speaking of not being able to take a joke.

Yes yes. We covered that already. We're all friends now. But thanks for putting in your two-cents.
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    The best shows are here in Boston!
    I am not just saying that because I live here.
    they are BY FAR the best shows and hopefully they will keep them the close out dates of the tour
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:

I must disagree with this, but I will say that the acoustics at the FLEET CENTER, suck, and will never be as good as the one and only OLD GARDEN!

Such a joke that this building is even called the Garden...

Seeing Theo onstage was awesome!
  • Options
    -Q--Q- Posts: 169
    I must disagree with this, but I will say that the acoustics at the FLEET CENTER, suck, and will never be as good as the one and only OLD GARDEN!

Such a joke that this building is even called the Garden...

Seeing Theo onstage was awesome!

did you ever see a show in the old garden? it sucked for the most part. if you were under the balcony you couldn't hear shit.there was a lot of obstructed view seating. the only good part is it was smaller so everyone was closer to the stage