burning bootlegs to cd question

so its been a looooong time since i've done this, but i cashed in some of my free bootleg coupons and downloaded them to my computer. its my work laptop, so i can't download iTunes so that i can sync it up to my phone.... so i just thought i'd burn them to a few discs. the last time i burned mp3s to disc i used winamp, which i don't really even know the technical specs of what that was doing.... but in any event my question is that i took all these files, clicked burn to disc thinking it would prompt me when disc 1 was full and i'd stick the next one in. long story short, they all fit on the one disc. i went out to my car and it plays the entire thing. am i missing something? is it because my stereo in my car has some mp3 technology that allows it to read these types of files that were burned that must take up a lot less space than what a traditional cd has on it? is there a lack in quality? i just chose the mp3 download because i thought that was the only ones you could use the promo codes on, is that correct?

any help would be appreciated.....i'm clearly a novice at any of this.

Comments

• Sounds like your car stereo can read data discs. Think of the blank cd as a 700mb flash drive. If you write the mp3s as data instead of an audio file on the disc, you can fit a ton more. If you burn it as an audio disc, it is limited to a certain length. 70 mins maybe depending on the disc. As for the bootleg codes, they can be used for the flac files, but will simply credit 9.99 and you have to pay the difference. Hope I explained it in a way that makes sense for you.