Options

What is the parking situation in Chicago?

StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
My hotel is a few miles outside the city proper. So every day I'm going to have to drive in and park someplace. How long can you park on the street before you need to move, or can you just feed the meters all day? Also, if I want to use a parking garage, how badly am I going to be raped is the ass?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    parking in chicago BLOWS!!!!

take public transit
    one love

respect
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    agreed.. Parking in the Lakeview area is a nightmare and most of the streets are permit parking only. You will get a ticket if you park in one of those areas!

Take the EL, a Bus or a Cab.... you'll thank us!
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    Well, how much would a cab from Glenview to Grant Park cost. Would it not be cheaper to find a parking garage for the day?
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    it would not be cheaper to find a parking gargage. its like 40 bucks a day?

trust us take a cab!!!

you will thank us later, buy me a vic poster or something.
    one love

respect
  • Options
    clk019clk019 Posts: 84
    Dude - drive into Chicago from Glenview...Find a neighborhood up north on Lawrence, or elmdale or by Montrose and Damen. Park the car. Spend $2 on a 35-40, okay 50 minute train ride to grant park. Don't park downtown and don't take a cab. I live by Montrose and Damen. Plenty of side street parking. Find your way to Sunnyside, park all day. No ticket, no worries...Heck, ride a bike down with us...

I, I never wanted
    To write these words down for you
    With the pages of phrases
    Of things we'll never do

7/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/9/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06 – (WOW), 5/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 5/20/06, 8/5/07, 6/17/08, 5/7/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER).