Options

Don't be sucked into buying the merchandise !

airotsa06airotsa06 Posts: 24
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Trivial thread but need to get it off my (bare) chest.

OK, so I'm old enough to know better but it was pointed out to me that the £80-90 I've spent on tee-shirts in the last 12 months at PJ events has not been money well spent.

Not so bad in the kiosk when you buy them, not so bad when you wear them for the first time (post-gig because what you're wearing is carrying a bucket of sweat) but wash the damn things and it's all over.

Great graphics on shite quality shirts is not the answer.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,929
    i agree.....

the shirts they sell at concerts are fucking garbage quality....

and its been like that for years......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    totally agree but i just get caught in the moment, luckily only bought the "we come in peace" one this time, shite quality thin shirt and even the friggin logo aint in the middle, either that or my moobs distort the shirt and make it lob sided!!!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    i agree.....

the shirts they sell at concerts are fucking garbage quality....

and its been like that for years......

decades at least (Remember black shirts with white sleeves?)
  • Options
    datsdats Posts: 118
    Hmm...can't say I've had any bad experiences with the t-shirts so far... Last year I got the touring avocado shirt and the black one with PJ's surfing logo in the front etc. Anyways, I've been wearing them once a week ever since august, and they are still really good! Should probably note that I wash them on 30 degrees celcius...
    Arnhem 08.29.06, Antwerp 08.30.06, Copenhagen 06.26.07, Manchester 08.17.09, London 08.18.09, Berlin 06.30.10
  • Options
    le'Dats wrote:
    Hmm...can't say I've had any bad experiences with the t-shirts so far... Last year I got the touring avocado shirt and the black one with PJ's surfing logo in the front etc. Anyways, I've been wearing them once a week ever since august, and they are still really good! Should probably note that I wash them on 30 degrees celcius...

actually yeah, my avocado one and the green one with the fist/bird thing is still fine, just the one from this year is poor quality!
  • Options
    actually yeah, my avocado one and the green one with the fist/bird thing is still fine, just the one from this year is poor quality!
    Hmm... This year I only got the white army t-shirt, i can see that it's the same brand as the black one i mentioned above, from last year. We'll see how it goes after a few months. One thing is for sure, I'm gonna wear all of them alot, it's not for putting up on the wall or anything:p
    Arnhem 08.29.06, Antwerp 08.30.06, Copenhagen 06.26.07, Manchester 08.17.09, London 08.18.09, Berlin 06.30.10
  • Options
    le'Dats wrote:
    Hmm... This year I only got the white army t-shirt, i can see that it's the same brand as the black one i mentioned above, from last year. We'll see how it goes after a few months. One thing is for sure, I'm gonna wear all of them alot, it's not for putting up on the wall or anything:p

yeah who really gives a shit anyway?? its a PJ shirt from a show YOU went to :)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    they all looked SHIT except the we come in peace. what the fuck is that white one about and that stupid hand thing.

my shirt seems to be doing well..
  • Options
    yeah who really gives a shit anyway?? its a PJ shirt from a show YOU went to :)
    I couldn't agree more:)
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    I get my mum to handwash my pearl jam t shirts lol then they dont get fucked as quick
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    I get my mum to handwash my pearl jam t shirts lol then they dont get fucked as quick
    lol...how old are you?
  • Options
    le'Dats wrote:
    lol...how old are you?

going on 36...why whats the problem? :D

• Options
    going on 36...why whats the problem? :D
    I rest my case:D
  • Options
    well, I dyed my one and only T-shirt that I bought from a gig, pink. So don't worry about it. As a 27 year old woman, I should know better!
  • Options
    le'Dats wrote:
    I rest my case:D

lol joking im 21

• Options
    As long as you don't wash them in hot water and you don't EVER put them in the dryer, you are fine. Well except that the sewing on the shirts is garbage too...

I can't tell you how many times I've had to repair my t-shirts. Not to mention the hoodie I had to put a new zipper in. It's really sad that the sweat shop t-shirts and hoodies that I can buy from Walmart are better quality than the American or Canadian made shirts that Pearl Jam sells us.

So to sum it up; if you want to own a Pearl Jam t-shirt, baby it and make sure you know someone who is handy with a needle and thread.

I guess Pearl Jam really wants us to buy the bootleg shirts outside the shows or the fan made ones on Cafe Press. Go figure?
    The reason the main stream is thought of as a stream is because it's so shallow. -George Carlin-
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    i've never had any problems with the shirts... but over here they're printed on nice shirts for the most part... hanes beefy tee's (lol) i think.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Yeah, i hadnwash them. myself tho :D
    I treat all my PJ shirts like this and they're fine :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    It's sad I have a bunch of PJ shirts that got shrunk. They lay folded up in my dresser drawer. I frown whenever I look a them.
  • Options
    Yeah, i hadnwash them. myself tho :D
    I treat all my PJ shirts like this and they're fine :)

yourself?..what a sucker :D

• Options
    It's sad I have a bunch of PJ shirts that got shrunk. They lay folded up in my dresser drawer. I frown whenever I look a them.
    What size? If you dont want them, my PJ shirts would like some company... :D
  • Options
    yourself?..what a sucker :D
    What a baby :p:D
  • Options
    Unless they are ANVIL brand shirts, they are shit. Have many many older concert Tshirts that are ANVIL brand and they are still in perfect shape. My riot act tour shirt is ANVIL and it is still great.
    the new shit is such a joke.
  • Options
    The red t-shirt I got from Wembley Arena is really comfortable and has lasted well thus far. It's one of the best band t-shirts I've ever bought, certainly not the worst.
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    What are people doing with their shirts??
    I have piles of Pearl Jam shirts and only the ones from 1993 have an occasionally tiny hole in them. I wash them (40 degrees Celsius, Dash 2in1 powder), put them in the dryer, wear them. Never a single problem! Not even much of color fading.
    The only complaint I can possibly think of is that the girly shirts are too tight, but that's probably just because I'm too big ;).

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    What a baby :p:D

harsh :(

• Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,289
    I bought 2 T-shirts at the Copenhagen gig for 200DDK each, I could pay 250 if they had a better quality.

So please PJ, get a better T-shirt brand and raise the price.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Waaaaah, my PJ shirts suck. Waaaaah.

At least you guys had shows to by shirts at.

Play the South!!!

:D
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Not sure about the shirts from 07, but I know my 96-98 shirts are holding up a lot better than my 05-06 shirts. Also, the stickers from Euro are very poor quality compared to the previous stickers.
    6/26-27/98, 6/13/99, 8/15/00, 10/12/00, 10/17-18/00, 12/09/02, 4/03/03, 6/09-10/03, 10/22/03, 9/28/04, 10/05/04, 8/29/05, 9/11-12-13/05, 5/27-28/06, 7/2-3/06, 7/22-23/06, VIC, 8/5/07, 6/24-25/08...
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    The red t-shirt I got from Wembley Arena is really comfortable and has lasted well thus far. It's one of the best band t-shirts I've ever bought, certainly not the worst.

Yeah but you've had it for what, a week?