Options

melbourne concerts 1 and 2

rocketrocket Posts: 78
edited November 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
was going to write in the fanviews for both shows but i thought i would give my opinion on the two melbourne shows in the one thread.due to circumstances beyond my control i ended up night one there by myself.still an awesome setlist.come back was sensational and was great to hear state,rocking and a brilliant dead man.i must admit i have lost dogs,but haven't listened to that much but god damn ed nailed dead man.
for some reason crowds here prefer to sit for most of the show.it's hard for me especially with songs such as rearview,corduroy even flow and alive.
crowd participation was highest on the most radio friendly songs such as better man,alive and black.great closer with yellow ledbetter.
night two i had three friends with me and the four of us went off.once again a lot of people sitting,but as i said earlier that's people's choice.i am not going to whine,but please guys don't have a go at the people standing up.if we want to rock our arses off well we are going to.and go off we did.how can you sit with songs like go,brain of j,porch(great start)glorified g,blood and leash.
crowd definetly was better on night two.huge encore with crazy mary and indifference.don't think anyone around our area knew baba.
all in all two huge nights.glad it wasn't on tonight,i am spent.a day to recover and then back for night three.got a feeling this one might be pretty damn special.considering what hasn't been played yet
release,wash,footsteps,off he goes,present tense,nothingman,faithfull,tremor christ,parachutes,garden and a few more i hope the crowd give pearl jam a melbourne send off like nothing they have seen in this country before.bring on night 3!
p.s i think tim robbins is now an official pearl jam groupie*lol*
someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be a star.why can't it be ,can't it be in mine?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    where i was, no fucken body was sitting ! we were all pumping !! don't be mistaken folks, melb 2 was the best pearl jam show i've ever been to ....by a long stretch ! !
    web page http://massiveozpjfan.proboards17.com/index.cgi

Not an Ad, an observation, choices, we all have em !
  • Options
    ED "you guys kicked Sydney and brisbanes ASS !"
    web page http://massiveozpjfan.proboards17.com/index.cgi

Not an Ad, an observation, choices, we all have em !
  • Options
    There were heaps of people around us sitting too! I was thinking 'how can you not jump out of your seat!', and i felt bad for standing infront of them. I wasn't not going to dance my arse off because people couldn't see though.
    I couldn't beleive he sand Dead Man, that was so cool, and all the songs I wanted them to play, like Corduroy and RearView, they played.
    It was so awesome!
    It totally reaffirms my belief that Ed and the boys are the coolest guys around. Wish I was there tonight!
  • Options
    rocketrocket Posts: 78
    thanks for the replies.hope melbourne 3 is bettter than the first two.despite all the criticism crowds i think have been better than 2003.
    i want to hear release soooooooo bad*lol*
    would also love to hear off he goes,footsteps,nothingman,parachutes and also encores(this is encore four right?)of corduroy,rvm and black.
    it's going to be one hell of a show regardless
    someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be a star.why can't it be ,can't it be in mine?
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    where i was, no fucken body was sitting ! we were all pumping !! don't be mistaken folks, melb 2 was the best pearl jam show i've ever been to ....by a long stretch ! !

Glad you're happy Travis! Been looking for you, hope to meet you at the Queensberry. Where was your seat? Let's all make Melbourne 3 another great night to remember (sadly last show for me this tour, I get greeneyed at the thought of all the lucky people seeing the band in other states). Hope the band show some love for Riot Act this time.