Detroit Tigers 9/9 (x8/28x)

jason_94jason_94 Posts: 1,872
edited September 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else take the day off for a day game at Comerica today?
3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
9/21/96 Toronto, ON
8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
12/06/13 Seattle, WA
10/16/14 Detroit, MI
10/17/14 Moline, IL
8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
Post edited by jason_94 on

Comments

• jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    I was there last night, Jason. Better outcome today. ;)
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• I was there yesterday. Great game.

We needed a feel good game like that. Now let's take it to the Chi sox this weekend
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Lifelong tiger fan here ... haven't been to a game in a couple years. Not feeling it with this team, way to many weaknesses, bullpen is horrible, no depth off the bench, lack of left handed hitters and now with Sanchez possibly gone for the season we're down to 3 reliable starters unless Verlander puts it together in September, lack of reliable production at the back end of the lineup. I felt after last season if they added a couple arms to the bullpen and some solid bench players for depth they'd really be the team to beat this year. Personally it went the other way this past off season, other than getting Kinsler for Fielder I've disliked all the moves the tigers have made ... Fister is having a monster season with Washington, keeping him would have allowed us to keep Smyly in the pen and Jackson and Smyly might still be Tigers.

Next year this team will be even weaker with the likely loss of Max.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,911
    I'm shocked how bad the tigers look lately.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

It's crazy that Miggy is hitting like .307 and some could consider it a slightly off year. That guy plays through pain and it shows. As for Verlander, my performance might suffer if Kate Upton was running around my house too...

imalive said:

It's crazy that Miggy is hitting like .307 and some could consider it a slightly off year. That guy plays through pain and it shows. As for Verlander, my performance might suffer if Kate Upton was running around my house too...
    excellent point!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

imalive said:

He's not being paid like a 307 hitter who will hit slightly more that 20 homers this year. Thats comes with the territory of being paid 25 + million a year ... besides they've been to the post season what 3-4 times and haven't won it all and it's not like he's ever given the tigers a post season like Ortiz gave Boston last year or like Sandoval from San Fran the year before. After last season it was time to re-tool ... I would have shipped out Max, Miggy ann Verlander for picks prospects and roster players and kept Fister ... it's becoming more obvious that this current roster makeup will not win.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2014
    lukin2006 said:

imalive said:

He's not being paid like a 307 hitter who will hit slightly more that 20 homers this year. Thats comes with the territory of being paid 25 + million a year ... besides they've been to the post season what 3-4 times and haven't won it all and it's not like he's ever given the tigers a post season like Ortiz gave Boston last year or like Sandoval from San Fran the year before. After last season it was time to re-tool ... I would have shipped out Max, Miggy ann Verlander for picks prospects and roster players and kept Fister ... it's becoming more obvious that this current roster makeup will not win.
    I agree. They missed their window of opportunity the last few years. I think Miggy would be better off if he lost some pounds. Seems like he's never completely healthy anymore.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on

lukin2006 said:

imalive said:

I agree. They missed their window of opportunity the last few years. I think Miggy would be better off if he lost some pounds. Seems like he's never completely healthy anymore.
    I agree ... other than trading Fielder the tigers had a horrible off season.

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

imalive said:

I'm still amazed they were able to pull that off.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

imalive said:

I was as well ... and it's worked out well, nothing has since.

• lukin2006 said:

imalive said:

lukin2006 said:

I was as well ... and it's worked out well, nothing has since.
    You think Detroit had a bad off season? Try being a Rangers fan.
    Oh, the horror! X_X =))

Ya'll were able to trade Fielder because Jon Daniels is trying to be the Jerry Jones of MLB. He has a ways to go but I'm sure he'll keep working at it.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • jason_94jason_94 Posts: 1,872
    Anyone else going to the game tonight?
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY