Options

Skid Row ,check out these 3 songs ,brilliant !!

pljampljam Posts: 387
I am sure everyone knows of this 80's - 90's band and think just another hair band and to a point would be right
Had some real crappy songs but if you are not familiar with the SLAVE TO THE GRIND album ,YouTube or checkout these 3 songs
IN A DARKENED ROOM
QUICKSAND JESUS
WASTED TIME
Absolute brilliant,lyrically ,musically and emotionally .Sab Bach could f/n sing.As a forth great song on the same album, check MONKEY BUSINESS ,it's the GO. ANIMAL of P j as in kick arse in your face music,obviously in a different style but same effect.Enjoy

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    pljam said:

I am sure everyone knows of this 80's - 90's band and think just another hair band and to a point would be right
    Had some real crappy songs but if you are not familiar with the SLAVE TO THE GRIND album ,YouTube or checkout these 3 songs
    IN A DARKENED ROOM
    QUICKSAND JESUS
    WASTED TIME
    Absolute brilliant,lyrically ,musically and emotionally .Sab Bach could f/n sing.As a forth great song on the same album, check MONKEY BUSINESS ,it's the GO. ANIMAL of P j as in kick arse in your face music,obviously in a different style but same effect.Enjoy

I actually have the albums and have to say, I agree with you. Skid row was more than just a hair medal band. The music actually real stories. And wether you like him or not, Sebastian can fucken sing. Straight up great singer.
  • Options
    samsonitesamsonite Posts: 209
    Slave to the Grind is a great record and I LOVE Wasted Time! Wish I could have caught one of the shows where they opened for Guns N' Roses in '91 or '92 but I was too young. I might have been able to talk dad into going but no way mom was gonna let that happen. :-(
    grace and peace
  • Options
    samsonite said:

Slave to the Grind is a great record and I LOVE Wasted Time! Wish I could have caught one of the shows where they opened for Guns N' Roses in '91 or '92 but I was too young. I might have been able to talk dad into going but no way mom was gonna let that happen. :-(

Was at that show,my son is 23 and he is first and foremost a PJ diehard (like he had a choice) and he rates those songs I wrote as f/n awesome, it's speaks volumes when the next generation rate music from my/our time so highly. .
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    pljam said:

samsonite said:

Was at that show,my son is 23 and he is first and foremost a PJ diehard (like he had a choice) and he rates those songs I wrote as f/n awesome, it's speaks volumes when the next generation rate music from my/our time so highly. .
    Ssssshhhhhhiiiiiiittttttttt, for a second there, I thought you were Sebastian Bach.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Not my cup of tea - more of a Whitesnake fan. B-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited August 2014
    Around 89-90, I swear skid row and tesla opened for every major rock act that came thru town. Was lucky enough to see both bands several times. Also saw Baz a couple times when he was touring solo. One solo show (in a bar), he made me cover my ears during the big scream at the end of I Remember You - was so loud it hurt....but sounded perfect otherwise. I've never done that at a show before or since. His voice is so powerful. Slave to the Grind is a classic album I still spin.

Love how everyone qualifies the 80's bands they like as 'not hair metal'. I've seen this said about g n r, Crue, Cinderella, tesla, maiden, and others...It's like saying nirvana isnt grunge because you're embarrassed to associate with creed. There were good, original, guitar based rock bands in the 80's....a helluva lot more than there are these days. Just because they were popular and a lot of crappy bands imitated them, doesn't mean the originators suck!
    Screw the stupid categorizations, I'm not ashamed to say I love that music!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    Saw them open for Aerosmith in early 90's and thought they were great, liked there first 2 albums, but nothing after that really
    Monkey Business was always a favorite
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options

Around 89-90, I swear skid row and tesla opened for every major rock act that came thru town. Was lucky enough to see both bands several times. Also saw Baz a couple times when he was touring solo. One solo show (in a bar), he made me cover my ears during the big scream at the end of I Remember You - was so loud it hurt....but sounded perfect otherwise. I've never done that at a show before or since. His voice is so powerful. Slave to the Grind is a classic album I still spin.

Love how everyone qualifies the 80's bands they like as 'not hair metal'. I've seen this said about g n r, Crue, Cinderella, tesla, maiden, and others...It's like saying nirvana isnt grunge because you're embarrassed to associate with creed. There were good, original, guitar based rock bands in the 80's....a helluva lot more than there are these days. Just because they were popular and a lot of crappy bands imitated them, doesn't mean the originators suck!
    Screw the stupid categorizations, I'm not ashamed to say I love that music!

Suck a deep one in man, they are great bands Tesla , Maiden all the ones you mention plus Mr Big ,White Lion,Scorpians shit even Poison and Warrant had some very good songs,I didn't invent the hair metal tag,it's just the way these bands are labelled,big deal they are still icons and played a major part to the great bands of today.I posted a positive post about a great band,so what if they are categorised ,be hair ,metal ,grunge ,rock or even hip fckn hop,if the world knows your music ,you made it ,enjoy the tunes