Yeah im gunna be that guy but could you please give me some feedback? Atlantic City cover

Hello community. I was just wondering if you all could take a look at this song i covered. Normally I wouldnt post something like this because it tends to be annoying, but i have alway strictly been a guitar player. Lately ive been messing with vocals and other stuff. I just wanna get your opinion on my voice and if its got an talent or potential. This sounds like bulllshit but im actually on xanax for a tightened throat from acid reflux, so thats why my voice is a bit strained. anyways if u could check it out id really appreciate it. Thanks!\

Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014

Comments

• Other than sounding a tad out of tune from the guitar (IMO) the voice is actually really soft...reminds me of Blues Traveler voice or something of the like. Not bad at all, though. Maybe it's just the mixing, in terms of the tune of vocals compared to the guitar.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Since you want feedback, here's what I noticed.

You are narrowing the range of the melody and hanging around the middle of it almost as if you're chanting. When you go to reach for a higher note, it's a not quite high enough and when you go to reach for a low note, it's not quite low enough.

If you work on that one idea...(which will mean you need to really make sure you can hear where the note is supposed to be and work to match it), your singing of the melody will be better.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • tominzingatominzinga Posts: 113
    Thanks alot guys! I appreciate the constructive critism. And i dont know how to mix lol. I just bought a mac a pretty good mic with an interface and went for it. But thanks guys i really need some instruction because I dont plan on spending money on a singing teacher.
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Get yourself a basic book on how to mix - home recording techniques and have fun!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I picked up Home Recording for Dummies about 3 years ago and I learned a ton from it - able to get a good feel for what all those bloody knobs do on a mixing console and in the digital environment.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Oh and Shure has a great PDF book on mic placement for various instruments. I love learning how to use a room instead of relying completely on digital reverb for effect.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tominzingatominzinga Posts: 113
    Wow 2feign that's some great advice! Thanks man!
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014