Need info for Verona? Read here

francescobfrancescob Posts: 5
edited April 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
hi all, i live in verona so i'm opening this thread for anyone needing assistance or information about the city, the gig location, parking etc..
as beggining, here http://www.arena.it/ita/webuserita/documenti/PDF/Arena_Posti_2.pdf
you'll find a map of the arena seatings, i've got my tickets this morning and i'm on row 16 (Platea). at the 2000 concert i was on row 12 :( got my self declassed.. eheheh
cheers
francesco
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thanks for this :)

i got tickets this morning too. they're standing, but at least i'm in there!

do you know of any youth hostels or very cheap accommodation in the area?
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • thanks for this :)

this youth hostel http://www.ostellionline.org/ostello.php?idostello=540 is beautiful and just 1.5 km away from the arena
  • wonderful, thank you :)
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    thanks for this :)

Standing?

I thought Verona was all seater.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • i think there's standing room at the back. maybe.
  • andshewasandshewas Posts: 31
    Thanks so much for the info!! We should organise a meet up of some description! I've no idea how to get around either and I guess we'll be coming from Madrid or somewhere else if we stop along the way. I think there's about 9 days between the two gigs. :)
    i think there's standing room at the back. maybe.

That would be cool if it was. Looks such a great place to watch a band standing, a tight bowl with big sides for the sound to bounce off.

Great thread, any hotel info? The ones i've glanced at online look a little pricey. Looking for 2 nights straight from Bologna.

Viva Zapatista!
  • how much would pay you for one 10c Ticktes to VERONA?
  • danmac wrote:
    That would be cool if it was. Looks such a great place to watch a band standing, a tight bowl with big sides for the sound to bounce off.

Great thread, any hotel info? The ones i've glanced at online look a little pricey. Looking for 2 nights straight from Bologna.

yes there are also standings in the upper part of the arena. Sound quality is the best in the world, no matter where you are
    for hotels try to give a look at this site: http://www.venere.com Anyway, hotel prices in italy are damn high, i don't think u can get something for under 50-60 euros per night
  • how much would pay you for one 10c Ticktes to VERONA?

are u selling it? if so, i would pay half the price you paid for the couple, easy uh?
    (i'm a ten club member, but i was unable to get tickets)
    how much would pay you for one 10c Ticktes to VERONA?

Hey if youre trawling to sell tix to the highest bidder, better haul your scalping arse back to ebay. Not welcome around here sunshine.

Viva Zapatista!
  • So is this our verona thread???

WOOOO HOOOOO I got tickets... I will be there with I Scot ID kilted and booted... and another live wire of a Scottish girl should be there to join us.

We are in the standig area, I think the just give us a place on the outer wall, but the venue looks lovely... so I don;t mind..... Is there standing down the front???

If anyone has spares of those, I'd be up for conversations.. as to what gets us there... We have the option of one ten club ticket.. which is useless to us without at least a second... does anyone know how we can solve that dilema?
    Where are the tenclub tix seated/standing?
  • danmac wrote:
    Hey if youre trawling to sell tix to the highest bidder, better haul your scalping arse back to ebay. Not welcome around here sunshine.

Scalping is gonna happen... it always will.. but I would not Scalp a ten club ticket... if you get caught they could remove the rest of your tickets for the tour... now thats pretty dangerous.

For your spare tenclub ticket, I will offer you 50 euros... and a free English grammar lesson.
  • So is this our verona thread???

WOOOO HOOOOO I got tickets... I will be there with I Scot ID kilted and booted... and another live wire of a Scottish girl should be there to join us.

We are in the standig area, I think the just give us a place on the outer wall, but the venue looks lovely... so I don;t mind..... Is there standing down the front???

If anyone has spares of those, I'd be up for conversations.. as to what gets us there... We have the option of one ten club ticket.. which is useless to us without at least a second... does anyone know how we can solve that dilema?
    Where are the tenclub tix seated/standing?

look at this map piantina.gif

the standings are in the grey area. The ten club seatings are usually in the first rows (the blue area on the map)
    Scalping is gonna happen... it always will.. but I would not Scalp a ten club ticket... if you get caught they could remove the rest of your tickets for the tour... now thats pretty dangerous.

For your spare tenclub ticket, I will offer you 50 euros... and a free English grammar lesson.

Why do i need a gramamr lesson son?

And I havent got a spare.

Viva Zapatista!
  • Hmmmmmm

Looks like we're looking for a second Ten Club seat...

[shouts]Scottish Concert Companions, get your ten club scottish concert companions here!!![/shouts]
  • danmac wrote:
    Why do i need a gramamr lesson son?

And I havent got a spare.

Sorry... I meant to quote the tout rather than you....
    Oh and of course scalping will happen. But coming on a site chock full of people pissed off and or ripped off by scalpers at Astoria last week, and trying to sell tix to the highest bidder, not at face value, is really not cool.
    Just my opinion.
    And if you're in Italy anyway for the other gigs, im sure the grapevine will throw up spare 10C tickets.

Viva Zapatista!
  • mc22manmc22man Posts: 29
    Ciao Francesco io abito a roma e volevo venire a verona a vedere i mitici pearl ma a quanto pare il concert è sold-out...ma quand'è ke si decideranno a fare concerti negli stadi (tipo l'olimpico?) sarebbe ora cosi potremmo trovare tutti posto e pensa ke ficata!!! ciao

p.s: se sai qualcosa di biglietti ke avanzano fammi sapere qst è la mia mail: mc22man@yahoo.it . grazie marco
    I break the law...
    If it's illegal...
    to be in love
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Grazie per informazioni!
    Thanks so much for the info.
    Ive been looking for hostels near the arena for a few ppl,
    and I'm guessing we're staying there. I dunno if there's
    alink online, I'll post it if I find it.

I've been to Verona myself several times.
    It's a beautiful city, so many things to see and do.

Well, I'll be def posting in this thread in the future.
    And I'm so looking forward to this show...
    We def gotta meet, all of us. :):D

Yay, Verona! :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I think Verona and Dublin will tie in terms of awesomness. I can't wait to get in the ol bull fighting ring again! :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • yielderyielder Posts: 160
    francescob wrote:
    hi all, i live in verona so i'm opening this thread for anyone needing assistance or information about the city, the gig location, parking etc..
    as beggining, here http://www.arena.it/ita/webuserita/documenti/PDF/Arena_Posti_2.pdf
    you'll find a map of the arena seatings, i've got my tickets this morning and i'm on row 16 (Platea). at the 2000 concert i was on row 12 :( got my self declassed.. eheheh
    cheers
    francesco

did you buyed tenclub tix ?
    whats you tc number? mine is 160xxx

thanks !
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe