Options

2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744

Can anyone here tell me an NFL Coach...
    Over the last 30 years. ....

Who is more incompetent than Tresticles?

Pretty much every coach of the Raiders for the past 12 years.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Despite being clueless offensively, one thing that was clear during the Smith years is that he demanded and expected his players to play at their best at all times. And the players respected him for that! Nobody respects Trestman, especially after the Kromer fiasco.

Yep. What little respect they had left for this staff vanished completely after the mess with Kromer.

If the Bears do get rid of this staff, they have to get rid of the GM too. I do not trust Emery to hire the right coach. Time for the Bears to stop fucking around and start doing things the right way...
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    It's amazing that the offense is so....Blah. They don't just have good players, they have fucking studs. Give Stafford or Brees Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, and Matt Forte and they could go undefeated. One of the most disappointing seasons in the history of the Bears.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252

It's amazing that the offense is so....Blah. They don't just have good players, they have fucking studs. Give Stafford or Brees Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, and Matt Forte and they could go undefeated. One of the most disappointing seasons in the history of the Bears.

Yep, terrible game plans, terrible play calling...
    The entire offense should be on another team. So few times in the history of the NFL a have a group of guys that good been put together on one team....
    And this will go down as one of the biggest disappointments ever.
  • Options
    So....assuming Trestman, Tucker, Kromer, DiCammilias (sp?) are gone after this year....
    Who do they go after?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote: »
    So....assuming Trestman, Tucker, Kromer, DiCammilias (sp?) are gone after this year....<br />
    Who do they go after?

I heard my high school is looking for a new JV coach.
  • Options
    So....assuming Trestman, Tucker, Kromer, DiCammilias (sp?) are gone after this year....<br />
    Who do they go after?

Sounds like Harbaugh will be available. If they don't start with him, they aren't doing it right. And for fucks sake, can they hire someone who has some NFL head coaching experience.
  • Options
    So, another thing I noticed about this season on the offensive side of the game...
    Early in OTAs and preseason I distinctly remember Trestman (and to a lesser degree Cutler) talking about utilizing the size of their receivers more this year.
    Made sense at the time but as the season moved on I realized a couple things....
    First, the Bears WRs have average speed at best. The play calling im sure was a result of no deep threat. Almost everything all year was less than 10 yd throws. Teams knew this and set on man zone all year....and it worked.
    Second was that this year it seemed that anything beyond 10 yds became a play for a jump ball. Using Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett's height became such a focus of the offense before the season started. Later, it played out! Routes run weren't to expose, or get behind the D, but rather to throw back shoulder or jump balls. I saw it a thousand times this year! The WRs would run right into double coverage and on the rare chance they werent covered by 2-3 players, a back shoulder or "short Hail Mary" was throw Over and over!
    How many times did we see a WR catch a ball in stride and gain yards? Sure, they'd often stop, turn, catch, then run....but nothing to move the ball! All balls caught were with WRs with their shoulders squared to the QB or trying to out jump the secondary.
    Defenses sat on this all year! It was the Bears crutch...it's all they called.
    Sad.

• Options
    So, another thing I noticed about this season on the offensive side of the game...
    Early in OTAs and preseason I distinctly remember Trestman (and to a lesser degree Cutler) talking about utilizing the size of their receivers more this year.
    Made sense at the time but as the season moved on I realized a couple things....
    First, the Bears WRs have average speed at best. The play calling im sure was a result of no deep threat. Almost everything all year was less than 10 yd throws. Teams knew this and set on man zone all year....and it worked.
    Second was that this year it seemed that anything beyond 10 yds became a play for a jump ball. Using Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett's height became such a focus of the offense before the season started. Later, it played out! Routes run weren't to expose, or get behind the D, but rather to throw back shoulder or jump balls. I saw it a thousand times this year! The WRs would run right into double coverage and on the rare chance they werent covered by 2-3 players, a back shoulder or "short Hail Mary" was throw Over and over!
    How many times did we see a WR catch a ball in stride and gain yards? Sure, they'd often stop, turn, catch, then run....but nothing to move the ball! All balls caught were with WRs with their shoulders squared to the QB or trying to out jump the secondary.
    Defenses sat on this all year! It was the Bears crutch...it's all they called.
    Sad.

Yep. Other teams adjusted to the Bears. And in turn, Trestman and the Bears have made zero adjustments. Just keep running the same plays that don't work.
  • Options
    Yeah, you look at the Packers or Pats....every ball caught is on the run. Whether it's on a basic slant, or deep through the seems, everything is caught for the chance of gaining yards. How many times this year did we come up 1-2 yards short of a first down or TD because they hoped the receiver would catch, turn and hopefully out-muscle the defender for extra yards?
    Ugh!!!
  • Options
    Unbelievable. That douche bag of a coach is benching Cutler. Yea, Jimmy fucking clausen is so much better than Cutler. I hope Jay goes to buffalo. Fuck the fucking bears. This is going to be the final nail in that dick head of a coach's coffin. I don't care if they win next week. Testicles is gone. What a fucktard.
  • Options
    Unbelievable. That douche bag of a coach is benching Cutler. Yea, Jimmy fucking clausen is so much better than Cutler. I hope Jay goes to buffalo. Fuck the fucking bears. This is going to be the final nail in that dick head of a coach's coffin. I don't care if they win next week. Testicles is gone. What a fucktard.

Who cares? Clausen can't be any worse than Cutler. Cutler has been fucking terrible this season.

Trestman is just trying to save his job...trying to prove that his system works with a different QB. I'm actually shocked that Trestman had the balls to do this.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Who cares? Clausen can't be any worse than Cutler. Cutler has been fucking terrible this season.

Trestman is just trying to save his job...trying to prove that his system works with a different QB. I'm actually shocked that Trestman had the balls to do this.

I have no doubt trestman would be fired with or with out this move. Cutler has been horrible. But he's still better than clausen. If he wanted to shake things up, maybe he should have fired his offensive and defensive coordinators 6 weeks ago. You don't bench your only good qb. Clausen is a proven non-commodity in the NFL. As bad as Cutler has been, I don't blame their miserable season on him as.much as the defense and poor coaching.
  • Options

Yeah, to me this move is Trestman hoping...praying for Clausen to do well as to divert the blame for a shitty year. If Clausen puts up a fight he can point a finger away from himself and maybe, just maybe they won't fire him.
    If I had any respect for Trestman, it would be gone now.
    The only move, change made all year by Trestman....
    And it's a move to save face.
  • Options

I have no doubt trestman would be fired with or with out this move. Cutler has been horrible. But he's still better than clausen. If he wanted to shake things up, maybe he should have fired his offensive and defensive coordinators 6 weeks ago. You don't bench your only good qb. Clausen is a proven non-commodity in the NFL. As bad as Cutler has been, I don't blame their miserable season on him as.much as the defense and poor coaching.

It's a desperation move from Trestman. He knows he will most likely be fired after the season so he's just taking a chance to see if Clausen can run his system and change the minds of the Bears front office.

Cutler is not a franchise QB...I think that has become pretty clear. Honestly, I could give shit about this move....whatever gives the Bears the best chance to lose these last 2 games is all I want to see. 2 absolutely meaningless games....but being the Bears, they'll probably win the games and fuck up their draft pick.
  • Options
    Lol. He's not the franchise qb? He's the highest paid player in the league!
  • Options
    Maybe if the Bears offer Jim harbaugh $8.5 million a year, they can pull him away from Michigan!
  • Options
    Lol. He's not the franchise qb? He's the highest paid player in the league!

Wait, you think Cutler is a franchise QB? To me, a franchise QB is someone you see leading your team into the future (Andrew Luck, Rodgers, Stafford, etc..) Cutler is not that....not even close. Cutler isn't a very good QB. I think that has become pretty obvious.

Why are you so against this move? Does it really matter in the long run?
  • Options
    I agree, Cutler is over paid and at best....an average QB.
    Coming from the guy who's been calling out the coaching staff all year....then the Kromer fiasco, and Trestman doing nothing about it...
    Then hoping to blame the QB to keep his job...
    That's why I have a problem with it.
    I do hope they lose the final 2 games too, but it was a cheap move.
    Cutler may be a shitty QB, but he's a smart guy and he knows what's happening. What happens to the team's chemistry if both he and Trestman are back next year?
  • Options
    I agree, Cutler is over paid and at best....an average QB.
    Coming from the guy who's been calling out the coaching staff all year....then the Kromer fiasco, and Trestman doing nothing about it...
    Then hoping to blame the QB to keep his job...
    That's why I have a problem with it.
    I do hope they lose the final 2 games too, but it was a cheap move.
    Cutler may be a shitty QB, but he's a smart guy and he knows what's happening. What happens to the team's chemistry if both he and Trestman are back next year?

As bad as Trestman has been, Cutler's play has a lot to do with the Bears awful season. And honestly, Cutler doesn't even deserve to start these last 2 games.....he has been garbage a majority of the season.

Not sure this team's chemistry can get any worse. But I highly doubt Cutler and Trestman will both be back next year. And if they both are, god help us. I may just have to take a year off from being a Bears fan.
  • Options
    I give 50% of the blame to the defense, 30%.to poor coaching, 20% to Cutler, 10% to special teams.

How many 2nd or 3rd and less.than 4 did we drop back and pass? A lot. Most of that is piss poor play calling. I'm sure Cutler audibled out of some run to passes, but I'd say most of it was poor, poor play calling. Forte should have been used like demarco Murray this year. He'd have 13 - 15 carries in the first half and have 4 the rest of the game. Sickening.
  • Options
    The more I think about this, the more fucked up this is. The way Trestman holds people accountable is quite interesting. Cutler gets benched (probably deserved based on poor play) yet he doesn't fire Aaron Kromer who ran his mouth to the media anonymously like a little bitch. Trestman really doesn't have a clue. Can't wait until this whole coaching staff is gone.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    what a joke and a nightmare- the laughing stock of the nfl. it's fun-bad at this point.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    It's the start of the Jimmy Claussen era!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The more I think about this, the more fucked up this is. The way Trestman holds people accountable is quite interesting. Cutler gets benched (probably deserved based on poor play) yet he doesn't fire Aaron Kromer who ran his mouth to the media anonymously like a little bitch. Trestman really doesn't have a clue. Can't wait until this whole coaching staff is gone.

That was exactly my point in a prev post. The ONLY move, adjustment in anything he has done all year is bench the QB in meaningless games.
    Kromer is fine, Tucker is fine, all other players and staff....fine.
    He's worthless and desperately trying to hold onto his NFL career in hoping Clausen plays well.
  • Options
    I give 50% of the blame to the defense, 30%.to poor coaching, 20% to Cutler, 10% to special teams.

How many 2nd or 3rd and less.than 4 did we drop back and pass? A lot. Most of that is piss poor play calling. I'm sure Cutler audibled out of some run to passes, but I'd say most of it was poor, poor play calling. Forte should have been used like demarco Murray this year. He'd have 13 - 15 carries in the first half and have 4 the rest of the game. Sickening.

The problem is that the defense was that bad because of the poor coaching. While they had some injuries this year, the team brought in veterans who should have made the D better. Tucker and Trestman were so confident in their system that they felt adding a couple guys would make the difference. You can bring in JJ Watt and Richard Sherman and the D will still suck. It's the system that failed.
  • Options

The problem is that the defense was that bad because of the poor coaching. While they had some injuries this year, the team brought in veterans who should have made the D better. Tucker and Trestman were so confident in their system that they felt adding a couple guys would make the difference. You can bring in JJ Watt and Richard Sherman and the D will still suck. It's the system that failed.

The coaching is bad, but the players aren't much better. How many times this year did we see a safety just let a WR run right past him for a TD? That's not a system...that's a mental mistake. And we saw those repeatedly this season. Not defending the coaching one bit, but the talent level on defense is very, very bad. Sure, they added Jared Allen but that was about it and he has been mostly a bust.

The biggest issue with the Bears IMO is that they rarely develop young players that they draft or sign as UFAs. The # of homegrown players on their roster is one of the lowest in the league. You're going to have a very hard time being successful in the NFL if you can't develop players.
  • Options

That was exactly my point in a prev post. The ONLY move, adjustment in anything he has done all year is bench the QB in meaningless games.
    Kromer is fine, Tucker is fine, all other players and staff....fine.
    He's worthless and desperately trying to hold onto his NFL career in hoping Clausen plays well.

Yep. I don't disagree with the move, but the fact that this is the only significant move he has made during this disaster of a season is crazy. Just read an article that the locker room is not happy about Cutler getting benched, but Kromer had no consequences for the nonsense that he pulled.
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Should have kept Caleb Hanie and booted Quitler when we had the chance. GM must be held accountable for the contract he gave to our "Franchise QB!"
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options

The coaching is bad, but the players aren't much better. How many times this year did we see a safety just let a WR run right past him for a TD? That's not a system...that's a mental mistake. And we saw those repeatedly this season. Not defending the coaching one bit, but the talent level on defense is very, very bad. Sure, they added Jared Allen but that was about it and he has been mostly a bust.

The biggest issue with the Bears IMO is that they rarely develop young players that they draft or sign as UFAs. The # of homegrown players on their roster is one of the lowest in the league. You're going to have a very hard time being successful in the NFL if you can't develop players.

I agree the players on the Bears D are quite bad. That said, their scheme never changed. They played a slightly modified cover 2 zone on 90% of their plays. In the redzone they played more man coverage and they were actually pretty good in their own redzone. Heck, even one of the announcers during one of the last games made that comment, "when the Bears play man, they have far more success." Any team can pick apart a cover 2 zone if it's not played perfectly. They never disguised coverages, and they got no help from the LBs. Yeah, you need the talent to make it work, but you also need the coaching to make it successful.
    The Lovie Smith Bears were able to pull it off because they had the talent and they had a coach who knew how to run that system.
    I think Fuller is a talented kid who will have success in the league as long as he stays healthy. All year it pained me to see him lined up on a #1 WR only to drop him to a safety after 5-10 yards. When playing man, he read routes well (for a rookie anyways) and he played tight.
    You're right, not sure why or how safeties got beat so much this year. The cover2 zone is to assure nobody gets behind you. Like Conte in last years game against the Packers. How on earth he would drop his coverage to Nelson is still mind boggling. You're a fn safety....you're it. You never drop your coverage...you get handed off players! Ugh!
    Anyways, I just think they did nothing to adjust for some bad players.
    Also, while I'm rambling...in preseason and OTAs this year, I found it amusing that they spent so much time and effort working on hand drills with the martial arts guy. It was supposed to allow the linemen to have more control and get past the Oline faster. How about you fn teach them some actual football!!!!!! Ugh!