3 disc version of 04.03.94 Atlanta with EV's DJ set.

fotdfotd Posts: 514
Does anybody this version? If you do have it with the third disc DJ set, please let me know. I'd love to get my hands on a copy. Thanks! Pearl Jam
SV016 - "ATLANTA^3"
April 3, 1994
Fox Theater: Atlanta, GA

Show Source: Sony Australia promo cd > cdr > dEdit > dEQ > flac (cuts in promo cd patched with pre-FM (satellite) > dat1 > cdr1)
Aftershow Source: FM > analog (unknown gen) > flac > dEdit > flac (cuts in first analog source patched with second analog source FM > analog (unknown gen) > cdr > dEdit)

Digital Editing and Remastering (show): Bill Graham
Digital Editing (aftershow): Allen Robertson
Artwork: Allen Robertson and Soonforget

---------------------------
***DO NOT CONVERT TO MP3***

DISC ONE [79:34]
01 intro/An Ending (Ascent)
02 Release
03 Rearviewmirror
04 Whipping
05 Even Flow
06 Dissident
07 Why Go
08 Deep
09 Jeremy
10 "Abusing His Inner Child"
11 Glorified G
12 Daughter/(Another Brick in the Wall part II)
13 Go
14 Animal (&)
15 Garden
16 State of Love and Trust
17 Black
18 Alive

DISC TWO [71:50]
01 intro
02 Blood/(Not for You)
03 encore 1
04 W.M.A. (*)
05 "An Experiment"
06 Better Man
07 "Describe Ourselves"
08 Elderly Woman...
09 Rats/(Satan's Bed)
10 Satan's Bed (!)
11 "No Sponsors"
12 Once
13 encore 2
14 Ed's drum solo/improv
15 Sonic Reducer/(Detroit Rock City)
16 Porch/(Androgynous Mind)
17 encore 3
18 Indifference

DISC THREE: Eddie's DJ Aftershow Set [46:37]
01 "Are We On?"
02 Cigarettes (King's X)
03 "Switching Tapes"
04 I Only Play 4 Money (The Frogs)
05 "12:10 and Easter"
06 A Little Story (Daniel Johnson)
07 Joy Without Pleasure (Daniel Johnson)
08 Androgynous Mind (Sonic Youth)
09 Quest for the Cup (Sonic Youth)
10 "Buy the Record"
11 In the Blood (Mudhoney)
12 "12:23 and Lukin"
13 Disconnect (The Rollins Band)
14 "Selling Out"
15 Baby Drop (Shudder to Think)
16 "Rare Stuff"
17 Let Down, Left Out, Laughed At (Eleven)
18 Dock of the Bay (PJ w/ Steve Cropper @ Murfreesboro, TN 3/26/94)
19 "Sorry About the Mess"

***DO NOT CONVERT TO MP3***

(&) = Mike throws in a guitar snippet of the Rolling Stones' "Angie" right after the song.
(*) = Additional vocals by Doug Pinnick and octabons by Jerry Gaskill, both members of King's X.
(!) = First time played in full. The only version played before was a Not for You/Satan's Bed jam @ Louisville, KY on 3/24/94.

Recording Notes:
This is the best known source of this show, and has been lovingly put together after spending countless hours comparing a multitude of sources for the show. The DJ aftershow is not by any means a super recording, but it has been pieced together from two analog tapes to make it complete, and it has been included because it is interesting and has some great music. During some of Ed's talking you can hear another song playing in the background. This is most likely from "crosstalk" from a nearby radio station on the dial (it seems to only occur during Ed's talking for some reason).

Artwork Notes:
The artwork has been ideally designed by a three-cd "quad case", one of the fat cd cases. This has also been designed to also be really easy to drop the third disc and not use the "top tray", in order to put the show in a standard two-disc jewel case, if so desired. The booklet is made by printing both pages, front and back, and then stapling them together down the middle.

Show Notes (thanks to Five Horizons):
Jeff joins Kings' X, playing bass on the Hendrix cover, 'Manic Depression.' King's X vocalist Doug Pinnick and drummer Jerry Gaskill help out during 'WMA'. Some lyrics from 'Not for You' are thrown in at the end of 'Blood.' Prior to a super 'Sonic Reducer,' Ed starts playing drums and Dave announces, "Ladies and gentlemen, Dave Abbruzzese!" Jeff chimes in, "Otherwise known as 'Four Feet'." Dave then mocks the crowd's earlier chants of "Eddie, Eddie!" by mumbling "Ed" several times into the mic, before returning to the drum set. A bit of 'Satan's Bed' ("torture follows reward") is mixed into 'Rats.' Before 'Porch,' Ed says, "I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight," referring to a large banner handed to him, which reads, "Eddie vs. Atlanta." Meanwhile, the band is jamming to the Kiss song, 'Detroit Rock City.' During the long jam during the middle of this incredible version of 'Porch,' Ed throws his mic stand at a huge replica of the "boy on the cross" figurine (depicted in the Vs. book) hanging in the background. Ed dons a Cincinnati Bengals helmet and the gold bat wings and climbs the lighting rig above the stage. Staying there through most of the jam, he throws down a dummy wearing a similar outfit. The crowd screams, thinking that Ed has fallen, but he reappears, and starts singing again. Jeff kicks the dummy into the crowd where it is ripped to pieces. Ed returns to the stage using only his hands on the rope ladder with his feet dangling. A snippet of Sonic Youth's 'Androgynous Mind' is intermingled in 'Porch' (and the original played during Ed's DJ show later). The lights are turned up after 'Porch' and at least half of the crowd leaves, missing 'Indifference.' This show was broadcast on radio, as well as Ed's 45-minute DJ session from a van after the show. (The original Monkeywrench Radio?).

This is being distributed by blackredyellow.com, and is part of a series of the best Pearl Jam shows in existance.
If the artwork is not included, you can find it at blackredyellow.com.

Originally compiled by BLG on 12/03/03
More notes by spacedvest on 12/05/03
I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    I do. I'm uploading right now just disc 3 via request. I can upload the complete 3 disc set later this morning. :)
    pj1994-04-03.mix.flac.Disc3.zip
    http://we.tl/icKhnmItdm
    edited August 2014
    By request! :) Pearl Jam SV016 - "ATLANTA^3" April 3, 1994 Fox Theater: Atlanta, GA 3CD set.

pj1994-04-03.mix.flac.zip
    http://we.tl/LCJ8shiam3
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Thanks demetrios!!
    I needed this version, and finally here it is.. hope it will be available til monday.

If someone has the two disc dj set of the berlin 96 SV version, too, I will be forever grateful..

Thanks demetrios!!
    I needed this version, and finally here it is.. hope it will be available til monday.

If someone has the two disc dj set of the berlin 96 SV version, too, I will be forever grateful..

I have that one too. Will upload next. :)
    demetrios said:

Thanks demetrios!!

Thanks again, my friend

demetrios said:

Thanks demetrios!!

Thanks again, my friend
    Pearl Jam SV050 - "Ich bin ein Berliner" November 3, 1996 Deutschlandhalle: Berlin, Germany 4CD set.

pj1996-11-03.promo.flac.zip
    http://we.tl/E4xmiONik8
  • fotdfotd Posts: 514
    Thank you! Saw this on facebook and my friend from twitter. Going to change the artwork in mine to http://www.jamielochhead.co.uk/pjat1.html I think it is pretty badass!
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Does anyone know if this is a soundboard? http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1078968
    aqo2t.jpg
    Demetrios how does that 1996 berlin boot sound compared to the JWB soundboard remasters? I have the interview discs on my computer already, as well as the JWB discs for the actual concert.
    Not sure pjradio, but I just uploaded that show yesterday on facebook. what I uploaded was a matrix between that and a fairly new audience recording. here is the link http://we.tl/yP2gP6JFfC it will expire on the 22nd of August.image
    Thanks demetrios for your precious help , I'll download them all on monday when I'll be at home..

At pjradio: I have that boot, its an audience source, no sbd is available for that show, but you can find a track in sbd quality from that night (Out of my mind) in the Not for You single.
  • A Mike Patton FanA Mike Patton Fan Near Milwaukee Posts: 30
    Could someone re-upload the 4/3/94 part of Ed's DJ set & the Berlin 1996 set as well PLEASE?

Could someone re-upload the 4/3/94 part of Ed's DJ set & the Berlin 1996 set as well PLEASE?

I can try tonight before Wrestlemania.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

Here's the '94 DJ set: http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2015/10/eddies-post-show-dj-set-040394.html
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

PM Sent on 3 disc set Atlanta '94.
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    Me too please
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
    KV4053 said:

Me too please

You got it! :)
    Happy 23rd Anniversary to Pearl Jam's performance in Atlanta, GA. Download the Flac with Eddie's DJ Aftershow Set https://we.tl/KdCZmFVfok

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Already have it, but one sweet upload D!!! :rock_on:
    Ah yeah!! :)

The broadcast was never aired here on the East Coast of Canada back them. Not sure if it was in the bigger cities like Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal. I bought a few unofficial bootlegs just to have the complete show as songs were cut from the Sony Music release.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited April 2017
    demetrios said:

pj1994-04-03.mix.flac.Disc3.zip
    http://we.tl/icKhnmItdm

thank you, thank you.
    I had a version I recorded live off of the radio but it was fading really bad by the DJ set.
    thank you for uploading this. I learned about so many of these bands thru Ed's dj set.
    some are my all time favorites now- Shudder to Think, the Frogs and Daniel Johnston.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• JF241710JF241710 Atlanta Posts: 92
    Would appreciate a re-up of the DJ set if anyone has it readily available...thanks in advance!
    liveon4legs.com
    co-host, Live on 4 Legs Podcast
    9/1/98 Atlanta, 9/22/12 Atlanta, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 10/14/14 Memphis, 4/13/16 Jax, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/21/16 Columbia, 8/20-22/16 Wrigley, Nashville/Louisville/St. Louis 2022
    JF241710 said:
    Would appreciate a re-up of the DJ set if anyone has it readily available...thanks in advance!

You got it. Here's just ED's DJ set. :)

• JF241710JF241710 Atlanta Posts: 92
    Thank you!
    liveon4legs.com
    co-host, Live on 4 Legs Podcast
    9/1/98 Atlanta, 9/22/12 Atlanta, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 10/14/14 Memphis, 4/13/16 Jax, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/21/16 Columbia, 8/20-22/16 Wrigley, Nashville/Louisville/St. Louis 2022
    No problemo!