Options

Vienna show

2»

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Last show before the 1 Oct Cinci show was Vienna. It was unbelievable. Crowd was unified and electric. It kinda of put Cinci in a spot as a following act. Cinci was good, but not as good as Vienna. Actually, Cinci was my least electrifying show. Sorry, just saying. The fans, except every single person in GA, just did not seem that into it. When people start blazing trails to the exit during LBC, it seems to me that they might not be THAT much into the band and the music, once they start hearing lesser known songs.

Vienna was my last show before Cincy as well... You just can't compare the American shows to the Euros... They really dig deep and the fans are the diehards. What a night that was...Cincy was good in it's ways...tiny venue so it was loud as hell..crowd was louder decibel-wise than Milan even, but only because of the proximity. For a US arena gig there were a ton of upperdeckers on their feet too!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    rgambs said:

Last show before the 1 Oct Cinci show was Vienna. It was unbelievable. Crowd was unified and electric. It kinda of put Cinci in a spot as a following act. Cinci was good, but not as good as Vienna. Actually, Cinci was my least electrifying show. Sorry, just saying. The fans, except every single person in GA, just did not seem that into it. When people start blazing trails to the exit during LBC, it seems to me that they might not be THAT much into the band and the music, once they start hearing lesser known songs.

Vienna was my last show before Cincy as well... You just can't compare the American shows to the Euros... They really dig deep and the fans are the diehards. What a night that was...Cincy was good in it's ways...tiny venue so it was loud as hell..crowd was louder decibel-wise than Milan even, but only because of the proximity. For a US arena gig there were a ton of upperdeckers on their feet too!
    Upper deckers were def rocking out... I can testify to that. I was in sec 211 and had a great view of all the fans and the band. and it was super loud in there. we listened to soundcheck thru the thick glass and knew that it was gonna be loud in there. it is weird how different people experience the same shows. I thought the Cinci crowd was awesome compared to some American shows I have attended.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore