I think I'm done with golf

Went today with my father in law. I used to score in the upper 80's to lower 90's. Now, I cant break 100. I'm seriously considering giving it up. Am I allowed to whine about sucking at golf?

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Went today with my father in law. I used to score in the upper 80's to lower 90's. Now, I cant break 100. I'm seriously considering giving it up. Am I allowed to whine about sucking at golf?

Welcome to the club my friend. Shit, I'd be super fucken happy if I ever broke 100. Shit, god knows what form of happiness id be if I ever scored in the 90's let alone 80's!!! Fuck golf! But it is fun......
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I just don't play enough anymore. Going once every couple week just isn't enough to improve. My best round (86) was when I was playing 2-3 times a week. Now, I expect to be better without playing and it gets me mad. There's no reason to golf when your cussing after every drive.
  • Such a frustrating game. Shot my best round ever awhile back at 10 over I think? Two weeks later on the same course I shot an even hundred with 3 birdies. Imagine how awful the other fifteen had to be. I quit playing golf about six times a year. You are not alone.

Such a frustrating game. Shot my best round ever awhile back at 10 over I think? Two weeks later on the same course I shot an even hundred with 3 birdies. Imagine how awful the other fifteen had to be. I quit playing golf about six times a year. You are not alone.

That's so funny. I can shoot a 94 with 4 birdies. Then go out and bogey when I had a 29 footer for eagle.
  • I just don't play enough anymore. Going once every couple week just isn't enough to improve. My best round (86) was when I was playing 2-3 times a week. Now, I expect to be better without playing and it gets me mad. There's no reason to golf when your cussing after every drive.

Sometimes a couple weeks to reset helps but yeah, if you don't at least hit the range a couple times a week, it is hard to get better.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    Take a few lessons. It is amazing what a golf pro can do to your swing in one lesson. Gotta play/practice though to get better.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2014

Agreed. I actually took a class through a local community college. Cost 91 dollars for a full semester. One two hour session a week. Less than ten people in the class. Made a world of difference.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
  • Keep your head down.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Lol. It amazed me how much better I got when I stopped getting hammered by #12 and played sober. Plus, I shaved about 5 or 6 strokes by staying calm and not getti.g pissed off after a bad shot. I guess since I'm not playing as much, it's harder to not be mad.
This discussion has been closed.