camera @ gorge?

slug420slug420 Posts: 316
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
can I bring a camera (small sony video cam ideally) into the gorge?
if so do I have ot smuggle it in in someone's purse or whatever?
If i do smuggle it in will anyone care that I have it once inside? A lot of shows are like this and I know everyone brings their cameraphones but i remember how out of control it was at fenway for DMB last weekend where they said no cameras allowed and I turned around during the set and it was like a world cup soccer match where the entire place was filled with flashes going off so obviously no one cared if you had it once inside (and at this particular show they didnt seem to care what you were bringing in with you either).

I doubt it but I figured its worth asking....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,760
    check the camera policies thread in either this or the Porch section of the site. if you bring something relatively small (as in, no huge hi-def recording equipment with bigass zoom lenses) you should be fine.
  • bashbabashba Posts: 43
    F the camera policy. Stealth a video camera in your crotch via some spandex shorts and share the DVD over at RM :)
    FOR RENT
  • slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    good to know...i checked out that thread...

it says no video cameras but i guess ill give it a shot and just take the shuttle back to the campground ot drop it off if they dont let me in with it.....someone had a video of lowlight at sunset from the last gorge show they posted on here and it was incredbile so i have to give this a shot.
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    In September, there were tons of digi's. My guess is the boys can have it however they want (especially a place like the Gorge). Bring whatever you've got. You'll be alright.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • heebeejeebeeheebeejeebee Ottawa Posts: 52
    As far as I know. The usual rules for a Pearl Jam show (can't remember where I saw this, but I know I saw it somewhere official, as per the band, although sometimes venues can override this and make it more restrictive).
    Small cameras are allowed. No professional cameras (ie detachable lenses). No flash in the first 20 rows. No video. Small recording devices are allowed.
    As far as I know. The usual rules for a Pearl Jam show (can't remember where I saw this, but I know I saw it somewhere official, as per the band, although sometimes venues can override this and make it more restrictive).
    Small cameras are allowed. No professional cameras (ie detachable lenses). No flash in the first 20 rows. No video. Small recording devices are allowed.

yea, this is posted somewhat officially in the porch section

the question is, how strict are they about it and what happens - if anything - if you get a camcorder in but then they see it....
  • yeah you can.

I brought one last year. A regular Sony digital camera. Got some amazing shots...I was row 20 between Stone and Ed....I got a nice video of Not For You as well. Check youtube.com and put in "Not For You" it should be the 2nd result...
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
    sweet....im on the lawn both nights so while the sound might not be as good it might have some great wide angle shots of the whole scene...
    nice video man....are you the one who had "low light"? I lost it and have been trying to find a repost..
  • slug420 wrote:
    nice video man....are you the one who had "low light"? I lost it and have been trying to find a repost..

nope

if you click my name i have another clip from DTE

I had videos of Vancouver and Philly from the 06 tour as well...I just cant find them

I have a few videos from Camden 1 and ER1 and ER2 that I should upload
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
    yea, id like to see those ER clips