Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Because he was driving a Volvo. :-B
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    omg...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

That's not a Volvo lol. I forgot what the name of that Russian car is.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Holy crap! I literally gasped watching that.
    ELITIST FUK
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    badbrains said:

It's a Lada I think
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    God bless the Russians for spearheading the dash cam movement.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Rygar said:

badbrains said:

It's a Lada I think
    Rygar!!! Yes!!! Can u guys believe I've been in those back in 1988 when I went to the motherland. Everyone had 1 back then, communism.....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    He is lucky he wasn't wearing his seatbelt or he would have been crushed.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Wow! 1 in a million chance of not being badly hurt or killed. That dude is one lucky mofo!
    I think that dash cams should be required on all new cars. I don't understand why they aren't yet.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Rygar said:

badbrains said:

It's a Lada I think
    C'mon, I was close. :P
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    PJ_Soul said:

Wow! 1 in a million chance of not being badly hurt or killed. That dude is one lucky mofo!
    I think that dash cams should be required on all new cars. I don't understand why they aren't yet.

Why should dash cams be required in all new vehicles?
  • Thing is though, this is the passenger that gets out. The driver does in fact get obliterated. Here's a better version that clearly shows two people in the car if you pause it right. Not sure why the report makes it out like there was only one person in the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9rXEW68e0
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    This guy was driving horribly bad...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Rygar said:

badbrains said:

It's a Lada I think
    C'mon, I was close. :P
    You were!

PJ_Soul said:

Because it is so helpful in figuring out how car accidents happened instead of having to rely on witnesses.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Because it is so helpful in figuring out how car accidents happened instead of having to rely on witnesses.
    Being a firefighter, I've seen how incredibly accurate accident investigators have been when figuring out how a wreck happened. There are almost always identifying marks on the vehicle(s) or road. The biggest impact they would have, IMO, would be in cases of hit and run accident.

I understand what you are saying by having them, but I think requiring them would somehow be an invasion of privacy. The government would somehow find a way to access these things by way of WiFi or Bluetooth or some other unforeseen technology. We already have big brother spying on us in our email, phones, computers. I'd hate to see them have access to our vehicles as well.

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Being a firefighter, I've seen how incredibly accurate accident investigators have been when figuring out how a wreck happened. There are almost always identifying marks on the vehicle(s) or road. The biggest impact they would have, IMO, would be in cases of hit and run accident.

I understand what you are saying by having them, but I think requiring them would somehow be an invasion of privacy. The government would somehow find a way to access these things by way of WiFi or Bluetooth or some other unforeseen technology. We already have big brother spying on us in our email, phones, computers. I'd hate to see them have access to our vehicles as well.
    Yes, I understand the privacy concern... although to be honest I don't mind cameras in public. I think that the only people who have to worry about them are the ones who are doing something wrong.
    As for the dash cam, it would be great for hit and runs and crash investigations when there is one, but also great for basically ending false insurance claims or proving real claims.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I say make it available but not standard. If I don't need it, I don't want to pay for it! It's like the rear-view cameras...thanks, but I can use my mirrors. Or the auto-parallel-park thing - I know how to do it myself.