Rock Climbing Before Gorge I & II

Number 18Number 18 Posts: 132
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone a rock climber? There is a lot of fantastic rock climbing near the Gorge - over 200 routes.

Let me know if you want to meet up before the concerts to do some climbing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    I've heard Vantage is an awesome place for climbing, but I'm just getting into it - I've just climbed some pretty easy stuff in the SE (mostly trad, 5.9 and less) & have not lead before.

I figured I go by to at least take a look & see if there may be an simple bouldering? What type of climbing are you thinking about (how advanced)?
  • Number 18Number 18 Posts: 132
    They have anything from bouldering to 5.12s. Can't remember any 5.13s or 5.14s, but there may be some. I'm not too advanced myself and probably won't lead on any difficult routes because I am soooooooo out of shape right now. The nice thing about Vantage is the way the geography is. You can top rope a lot of courses along a place called Sunshine Wall and you can attempt to climb some more difficult courses without having to lead them. I have a fantastic book that I will bring along that details every route.
  • porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Cool. I'll probably at least stop to see it even if I won't be climbing and who knows, maybe i'll have a chance to climb a few times over the next month to see if I'd be up for trying something when I'm out there.