Options

Not enough Pearl Jam on Pearl Jam Radio!

alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
Has anyone else noticed that XM has started to play much more of the "Impact Tracks" on PJ Radio? Not that I mind (but I really DO) because some of the stuff is good i.e., Fugazi, Led Zep etc, but honestly I listen to Pearl Jam Radio to hear...PEARL JAM! Anyone else or is it just me...

Comments

• Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    Totally agree...and they've been adding more shows that play non-PJ....and then repeat that show multiple times a day. People listen to Pearl Jam Radio because they want to listen to Pearl Jam. Really need to cut back on the other stuff.
  • Options
    YES! I think Jeff is an AWESOME Bass player and writes great deep songs but Im not interested in hearing what he's listening to when walks out onto stage
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited July 2014
    Do you all have the app? Click the "my" button and you're good to go. Call them up, ask for customer retentions and get a promo deal. Then, add the app on for something like $3 per month and you're still paying less than what you did at the $14/mo.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I just have XM in my cars. When I'm home or in my office my iTunes is plenty good enough. I drive a lot so it's noticeable to me that they play other stuff now.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    I like the Jeff play-in music segment. Get to hear some different bands I normally would have never heard of. Just heard a Clash song that I had never heard before on the way in to work today. I don't mind it. I've been listening to Pearl Jam since 1995 so if I go a week or two not hearing their music it isn't a big deal.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I always had wanted more impact tracks. Makes me feel like less of a freak not listening to PJ all the time.

I really wish Sirius / XM would come up with a real rock station that spans the history of rock. Let me hear Stones, The Who, Zep, Pearl Jam etc... one one channel
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    ^^^ I'm talking mainstream rock on my wishes, Underground Garage is great but PJ radio is my main channel
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773

I always had wanted more impact tracks. Makes me feel like less of a freak not listening to PJ all the time.

I really wish Sirius / XM would come up with a real rock station that spans the history of rock. Let me hear Stones, The Who, Zep, Pearl Jam etc... one one channel

Sort of like a mix between Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl, LIthium (rock only), and Octane?

OR...sort of like a Super Shuffle without the pop...just a rock version! :)

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    Is the Pearl Jam XM radio exclusive or does the Ten Club radio play the shows featured at the same time? They used to be the same right?
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    I've also been wondering about the connection between PJ Radio on Sirius, and the Ten Club Radio.
    For my two cents worth, the main problem with the Impact Tracks is that they play the same ones again and again, causing an overall negative impact on me.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    To add to this frustration, what drives me into an empty pickle jar is when The Rob announces something like "Here's another track from their Lightning Bolt tour in 2013" and then fucking "Thin Air" gets played (or some shit... something from a different album.) I'm sorry, but fucking play a song from the god damn Lightning Bolt album whenever you announce "here's a song from the Lightning Bolt tour." Pet ! fucking ! peeve ! I understand the song being played was played on the LB tour... but for shit sakes.... More often than not it's a non LB song that gets played. I just wanna see some boobs today... I'm agitated that's all. eff off.

Love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    evsgjamm said:

To add to this frustration, what drives me into an empty pickle jar is when The Rob announces something like "Here's another track from their Lightning Bolt tour in 2013" and then fucking "Thin Air" gets played (or some shit... something from a different album.) I'm sorry, but fucking play a song from the god damn Lightning Bolt album whenever you announce "here's a song from the Lightning Bolt tour." Pet ! fucking ! peeve ! I understand the song being played was played on the LB tour... but for shit sakes.... More often than not it's a non LB song that gets played. I just wanna see some boobs today... I'm agitated that's all. eff off.

Love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That must have felt good to say! I totally agree with you.
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    ok, a few clarifications and disclaimers here for you all... first off on Sirius, they're highlighting songs from the tour, not just the album, so not sure what to say about that other than deal with it, and secondly, that is not me making those particular promo announcements ("Here's another track from their Lightning Bolt tour in 2013"). They've opted to bring in one of their announcers who is on several channels. No one hears you more on the 'same impact tracks' as I do. I've done my best to get different ones in there but that is now beyond my control as well.
    The original Pearl Jam Radio on this site and the app, now also getting referred to as Ten Club Radio is a completely different stream than SiriusXM. Ten Club Radio is more for you hardcore. More live bootleg tracks, more attention to segues, less interruptions, and perhaps less some of the features that are more easily done on SiriusXM (call in show). SiriusXM gets the premieres of the bootlegs for a week, then they are aired on Ten Club Radio the following week the same day they are put on sale in the store here.
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    evsgjamm said:

Love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

+1 as well as the boob part.
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    NHiding said:

ok, a few clarifications and disclaimers here for you all... first off on Sirius, they're highlighting songs from the tour, not just the album, so not sure what to say about that other than deal with it, and secondly, that is not me making those particular promo announcements ("Here's another track from their Lightning Bolt tour in 2013"). They've opted to bring in one of their announcers who is on several channels. No one hears you more on the 'same impact tracks' as I do. I've done my best to get different ones in there but that is now beyond my control as well.
    The original Pearl Jam Radio on this site and the app, now also getting referred to as Ten Club Radio is a completely different stream than SiriusXM. Ten Club Radio is more for you hardcore. More live bootleg tracks, more attention to segues, less interruptions, and perhaps less some of the features that are more easily done on SiriusXM (call in show). SiriusXM gets the premieres of the bootlegs for a week, then they are aired on Ten Club Radio the following week the same day they are put on sale in the store here.

Thanks!

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Sort of like a mix between Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl, LIthium (rock only), and Octane?

OR...sort of like a Super Shuffle without the pop...just a rock version! :)

Dont forget Ozzys Boneyard and Hair Nation in there.A little Sabbath is always a must
  • Options
    Stones Zepplelin cut of"in the Light" is always worth cranking
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    I actually don't notice the impact tracks much at all...but then again, I have Sirius or XM all over the place...so I probably adjusted the my radio thing to where I like it...lol
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Nearly every time I switch on Pearl Jam Radio, I hear crowd noise. Just crowd noise, crowd noise, crowd noise.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Lol...that's static. Pay your bills deadbeat!! J/K.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    NHiding said:

Thanks Rob for filling us in on how this works. If you are tired of beating your head against a wall to get different impact tracks, perhaps you could take on a different cause instead - trying to get them to stop using the little band interview snippets about the Lightning Bolt songs. After you've heard them 30 or 40 times, they get a bit stale. As you say, I imagine they program for the casual listener who flips between stations, rather than the hard core fans.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    grizahamgrizaham Nashville, TN Posts: 338
    Nothing bums me out more when i am listening to the PJ channel and Fn Bruce Springsteen comes on. Understand people like him but I can't stand him.
    More PJ!
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,936
    What SiriusXM Pearl Jam radio needs for the first time EVER is a LIVE Pearl Jam broadcast. Since the birth of SiriusXM PJ Radio & TenClub Radio, we have not heard a live Pearl Jam show on air, yet! Don't you think it's about time that they did? The technology is there. And so much better then what Monkey Wrench Radio had back in '95. Just seems odd we have now a 24/7 dedicated Pearl Jam Radio Station that can't give us a live Pearl Jam radio broadcast.

They tried with Ed's Las Vegas? solo show back in '12 but there were problems with the live feed signal. Not sure why they gave up and didn't try again. PJ did the NA '13 tour, and not an attempt? Come on!!! Just do it already!! :bz
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    ^^^^THIS^^^^
    No reason they shouldn't be able to pull off airing a LIVE show!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    grizaham said:

Nothing bums me out more when i am listening to the PJ channel and Fn Bruce Springsteen comes on. Understand people like him but I can't stand him.
    More PJ!

Agreed!
  • Options
    derbydave said:

^^^^THIS^^^^
    No reason they shouldn't be able to pull off airing a LIVE show!!!

Im thinking a West Palm show would be perfect for that!
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    edited July 2014
    demetrios said:
    What SiriusXM Pearl Jam radio needs for the first time EVER is a LIVE Pearl Jam broadcast. Since the birth of SiriusXM PJ Radio & TenClub Radio, we have not heard a live Pearl Jam show on air, yet! Don't you think it's about time that they did? The technology is there. And so much better then what Monkey Wrench Radio had back in '95. Just seems odd we have now a 24/7 dedicated Pearl Jam Radio Station that can't give us a live Pearl Jam radio broadcast.

They tried with Ed's Las Vegas? solo show back in '12 but there were problems with the live feed signal. Not sure why they gave up and didn't try again. PJ did the NA '13 tour, and not an attempt? Come on!!! Just do it already!!
    In reply to this...do you not think we don't actively try to make this happen every tour? we do. it's the band's call, not the radio's. As for the Ed solo show we were supposed to do from Phoenix in 2012, there were not any problems with any live feed. Ed was not feeling well that morning and didn't feel up for a live broadcast apparently and we were given the Vegas show in its place. so again, don't think we don't try to make it happen. no one wants to see this happen more than the people behind PJ and 10c Radio!
    Post edited by NHiding on
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I canceled my SiriusXM. When I had it, my biggest problem with the PJ station was all the repeats. For example, one Saturday I had a lot of errands to run, and I heard "Yellow Ledbetter" six times in a five hour driving period, and one time they played the danged song back to back on my way home from work, no lie. "In Hiding" was another regular repeat. Then they started playing all the Fall 2013 bootlegs, and while I enjoyed experiencing all the shows I didn't get to attend, it was excruciating at times to hear Ed's crackling voice. I found myself switching stations mid-song whenever he started to go sharp or flat or breathe heavy. I think I'm a better fan without Channel 22 -- lol.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,936
    NHiding said:

demetrios said:

They tried with Ed's Las Vegas? solo show back in '12 but there were problems with the live feed signal. Not sure why they gave up and didn't try again. PJ did the NA '13 tour, and not an attempt? Come on!!! Just do it already!!
    In reply to this...do you not think we don't actively try to make this happen every tour? we do. it's the band's call, not the radio's. As for the Ed solo show we were supposed to do from Phoenix in 2012, there were not any problems with any live feed. Ed was not feeling well that morning and didn't feel up for a live broadcast apparently and we were given the Vegas show in its place. so again, don't think we don't try to make it happen. no one wants to see this happen more than the people behind PJ and 10c Radio!

D'oh! So it was the Phoenix show & not the live feed problem. My bad. I could of sworn hearing something that night on SiriusXM that there were problems with the signal so no live broadcast.

It would blow our minds if Pearl Jam gave the green light to this. To broadcast a live show or 2 on SiriusXM. Least say yes this October.

• Options
    alizmi said:

Has anyone else noticed that XM has started to play much more of the "Impact Tracks" on PJ Radio? Not that I mind (but I really DO) because some of the stuff is good i.e., Fugazi, Led Zep etc, but honestly I listen to Pearl Jam Radio to hear...PEARL JAM! Anyone else or is it just me...

Ten Club Radio?
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/235934/do-you-forget-to-listen-to-ten-club-radio#latest