Options

Request Pearl Jam Re-issue catalogue on Vinyl - Music on Vinyl (MOV)

2»

Comments

• Options
    MI76260MI76260 Gothenburg, Sweden Posts: 142
    Added a request too... Nice initiative!
  • Options
    weebleweeble Bristol, England Posts: 133
    Yeah, I'm not sure I want my PJ collection to suddenly depreciate.... !

I can't see those albums ever being remastered. Far too much work involved, and if you look at the sales drop off after Vitalogy, back in the day, I don't think it would be too much of incentive to do all work remastering them.

I know we all love those albums with a passion, but this is the PJ web site. The average person... Maybe the odd vinyl junkie who buys anything released on wax... I don't know... I just can't see they would think the market would be hungry enough.

:/

This might pass, this might last, this may grow
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    I don't know, man. I think it was MOV that re released Into the Wild, but I could be wrong.
    if so... that was just a few years after the original pressing.
    There has been a lot more time to build demand for PJ's middle studio albums.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    Obviously MOV needs permission to release titles, and it seems to me like PJ has their own plans in the form of deluxe sets/versions in the future. If you want to make it work I think you need to pressure both MOV and PJ, because I think the PJ Camp is still looking at saving vinyl reissues for big boxsets a la ten/vs/vitalogy.

It's too bad really. The Foo Fighters dumped their entire back catalog on vinyl last year. The original pressings were going for hundreds (just like PJ). I only had the two most recent albums, so it was pretty kickass being able to go back and buy 'em all :)
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited December 2015
    I thought with all the groaning and moaning about re-issuing vinyl - this might be a good threat to revive. :)

photo 301452d83eaf294509bf3c9eb1c6db53_zpsksxw8d2w.jpg
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221

photo 301452d83eaf294509bf3c9eb1c6db53_zpsksxw8d2w.jpg

They can't, that's why they are moaning :)
  • Options
    I support this movement, MOV does great issues, I spin the AIC unplugged version all the time!
  • Options
    Sorry to rain on your parade here, but as much as MOV might want to release these they never will. Sony Music (who own the Epic label which has most of Pearl Jam's catalogue) have stopped licensing to MOV to concentrate on their own Legacy label, so if/when they are reissued then they will be through Legacy barring someone else buying up the rights etc. The reissue on the Singles OST will also be a Legacy release and not through MOV as I understand it. The good news is that the Legacy titles are actually as good if not better than most MOV releases.
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK