Options

for stone gossard - the least i could do was say...

jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
prego.

last night after the show, my last show for this tour, stone came down from the stage, walked towards me, held my hand, gave me his pick and said thank you to me. i was overwhelmed by the whole situation i couldn't say anything but just wanted to hug him.

no stone, i thank you...even though you soundchecked light years but not played it.

thank you (in gaelic) for forming pearl jam, the best live band in the world.
thank you for making great music all these years.
obrigado for doing this tour and let me have a sample of irish, portuguese and italianos lives and the chance to know some great jammers along the way.
grazie for always rocking with and smiling at me and the personal appreciation you showed to me at the shows.

ps - i hope you got the nicely wrapped white worldwide italian tour/pj magic bus tshirt (a la ramones) i threw on to the stage before the first torino encore, especially read my 'please come to malaysia' message...your assistant, the long greyed hair dude picked the tshirt up. there's a tshirt for each of you guys including boom...ed laid his down beside his mic stand for all to see.

rubysdad, kat, sea - please pass this message on to stone...i know he's busy with prague right now.

-we were but stones, your light made us stars-
"\O/"
` | '
_/ \_
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nice story!

Anyone who claims Stone is the quiet, reserved one onstage is just crazy. At the shows i saw this year, Stone was on fire. He wasn't running around like a madman like Mike, but he was stomping, duckwalking, spinning in circles....total nerd behaviour but he was rockin' out!!!

I have a whole new appreciation for Stoney after seeing the shows!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    nice nice i am happy for you!!!!
  • Options
    oh my god, what an incredible experience for you!

And Release Me, you are 100% correct!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    STONE did that?

STONE?

as in Gossard?

wow.
  • Options
    bookworm30 wrote:
    oh my god, what an incredible experience for you!

And Release Me, you are 100% correct!

WOOOOO YEAH!

Stone is da man! The coolest geek ever to walk these mortal plains.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    jeaubong wrote:
    prego.

last night after the show, my last show for this tour, stone came down from the stage, walked towards me, held my hand, gave me his pick and said thank you to me. i was overwhelmed by the whole situation i couldn't say anything but just wanted to hug him.

no stone, i thank you...even though you soundchecked light years but not played it.

obrigado for doing this tour and let me have a sample of irish, portuguese and italianos lives and the chance to know some great jammers along the way.
    grazie for always rocking with and smiling at me and the personal appreciation you showed to me at the shows.

ps - i hope you got the nicely wrapped white worldwide italian tour/pj magic bus tshirt (a la ramones) i threw on to the stage before the first torino encore, especially read my 'please come to malaysia' message...your assistant, the long greyed hair dude picked the tshirt up. there's a tshirt for each of you guys including boom...ed laid his down beside his mic stand for all to see.

rubysdad, kat, sea - please pass this message on to stone...i know he's busy with prague right now.

Just goes to show they never stop being good old boys!!! ..(by the way killer stickmann!!)
    grimmy
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    :):):) AWWWWWWWWW!!!! This is making me tear up! Personal love & thanks from Mr. Gossard!? :):):)

jeaubong, this is one of the most beautiful posts and one of the most beautiful stories I've heard. I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for anyone that doubts the heart of gold this man has! :rolleyes: Thank you SO much for sharing this touching experience! AWWW! I'm thrilled for you! :D I feel like huggin you AND Stone BOTH!

Thanks for putting the biggest smile on my face!
    :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    :):):) AWWWWWWWWW!!!! This is making me tear up! Personal love & thanks from Mr. Gossard!? :):):)

jeaubong, this is one of the most beautiful posts and one of the most beautiful stories I've heard. I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for anyone that doubts the heart of gold this man has! :rolleyes: Thank you SO much for sharing this touching experience! AWWW! I'm thrilled for you! :D I feel like huggin you AND Stone BOTH!

Thanks for putting the biggest smile on my face!
    :D

hey we gotta repost this story in the Love for Stone Gossard thread. If there isn't a better reason to love this man I dunno what it is!

Awesome!!! Congrats!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    hey we gotta repost this story in the Love for Stone Gossard thread. If there isn't a better reason to love this man I dunno what it is!

Awesome!!! Congrats!

Absolutely!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • Options
    jeaubong wrote:
    prego.

Lucky!! what a cool story!

stone is such a great guy!!!
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    jeaubong wrote:
    prego.

wow what an amazing story and yes stone is the coolest nerd ever.id say hes even the coolest person in the band
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    That goes to show you that Stone is not an asshole! :)

Very beautiful story and thank u for sharing that with us. :D that story just made me SMILE! :cool:
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Like I say over and over. This is the best band in the world.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Nice story!

Anyone who claims Stone is the quiet, reserved one onstage is just crazy. At the shows i saw this year, Stone was on fire. He wasn't running around like a madman like Mike, but he was stomping, duckwalking, spinning in circles....total nerd behaviour but he was rockin' out!!!

I have a whole new appreciation for Stoney after seeing the shows!
    I agree completely. I was lucky enough to be on his side in Verona and he was having a great time, always happy and smiling and stuff. I know my favourites pretty much change every day but I think he might be my favourite at the moment.

Congrats jeaubong, that's a beautiful story and you're sooooo lucky. Ya know I always feel a bit humbled when Ed thanks us, thinking they don't need to do that... but after the few concerts this year I've decided they do, cos they really have the best group of fans in the world and it's great that they know and appreciate that. All absolutely amazing wonderful people and I love every one of ya! :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    That goes to show you that Stone is not an asshole! :)

What's this all about? Who says he's an asshole? :mad: I'll have to sort them out.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I love Stone. This tour has cemented this in my mind. Never will I stray :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    hahaha you were straying all over the place in italy!! ;) although i did notice one underlying theme...
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Oooohhhh given to fly.... juicy gossip? Come on stoney... own up!
  • Options
    hahaha i couldn't possibly tell. but i will say that pistoia was FULL of stone look-a-likes!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    PJ playing in a beautiful setting and loads of stone look-alikes... heaven for stoney!
  • Options
    i know. it was almost too much to take!
  • Options
    hahaha i couldn't possibly tell. but i will say that pistoia was FULL of stone look-a-likes!
    :confused: Lol, was Caz a bit drunk maybe? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Congratulations on such a lovely story. Don't it make u smile?!!
  • Options
    hahaha you were straying all over the place in italy!! ;) although i did notice one underlying theme...

;):D:D The theme was a good one :D:D

I must return there one day you know ...

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    fuck pistoia, let's do prague, berlin, vienna, zagreb and athens ;p
  • Options
    fuck pistoia, let's do prague, berlin, vienna, zagreb and athens ;p

I wouldn't mind doing Prague and Berlin ;):o

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    shit caz, the tour doesn't finish until the 30th!
  • Options
    shit caz, the tour doesn't finish until the 30th!

Enough time to save money for the Athens show then eh? ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    i did actually just check the cost of flights. unfortunately it's not an option :(
  • Options
    i did actually just check the cost of flights. unfortunately it's not an option :(

:( :(
    They are very expensive aren't they! :eek: Scary

Rockin' out to Creadles