Options

WHY Apologize?? Eddie IS about LOVE and F- War.. !!!

ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
I was so hurt that Eddie had to respond to ASSHOLES that didn't get he IS and always will be anti-war. I posted on the facebook page, and I'll post it here. I'm a VETERAN and I LOVE PEARL JAM. When I hear the song No WAR, I know where he comes from and I'm so there with him. War is stupid, people who believe in it are stupid. STUPID. Not ignorant, not evil --STUPID. People who believe in WAR as a way to communicate-- there's no logic there. None. For thousands of years there have been wars upon wars and dead children upon dead children for what? So someone selling things to support that effort can make money? It's not about Israel, it's not about Iraq, or Bush, or Obama...it's about children under the age of 7 getting raped by militants-- which is cruel and stupid. It's about children fleeing their only homes to try to find a place to live in a country that once boasted "Bring us your tired, your poor..." and now finds it inconvenient. That's stupid. It's about people in African nations who put more value on minerals than on hearts and blood. THAT is stupid.

Again, posted this on facebook. I KNOW first hand why people join the military. A bunch of us joined because our home lives sucked so deeply and horribly that the only escape was a paid torment trip through boot camp, followed by a racist/sexist ride through learning how to be disciplined human beings. Learning how, first hand, war is STUPID. You don't join because you want to kill families or children. You join because you want to provide for your family. You join because you're sold into the lies that you're doing something that will guarantee your freedoms. (When actually, we're thrusting our values on other people... it isn't really what they may want, but we do it anyway.) We join because we're told we'll be educated, and are. (In so so many ways). We're told we will have housing, and will be fed, when maybe we weren't our entire lives. (We didn't get told we'd be raped, or our education cash was a myth, or that medical care didn't necessarily happen after we got out until the VA got fixed.. any of that? Nothing.)

There are so many reasons to be in the military, and none of it was about killing anyone. Or seeing friends dead. It's such a sadness to hear how much other countries hate Americans... and then to read Jewish Press claim one of our greatest PEACE mongers-- Eddie and Pearl Jam, would actually be blamed for saying 1. things that weren't said, and 2. pushed others to feel things that aren't felt?? WTF?? I'm so ANGRY that Eddie even had to answer to people who just weren't there, didn't hear what was actually said, inferred something from NOTHING. My heart is breaking because stupidity needs coddling. Stupidity is louder than intelligence- people make boils out of freckles by picking and picking at them... all of a sudden something that never was there is now a problem.

Pearl Jam's European tour made SO many people happy. All of their music made so many people happy. Eddie is a genuinely funny guy... During the Bushwacking years.. when he played Vegas, he was boo'd by some Bushaholics for making some comments that the rest of the 16250 people in the MGM thought were hilarious.... I mentallly hi-fived the DIxie Chicks for using the AMERICAN right to free speech to say what they wanted about Bush, only to hear STUPID come back out of the wood work and make louder noises- cruelty.

OPEN comment to Eddie- and anyone else who wants to enjoy FREE SPEECH- and who is manipulated by a misinformed press or people- I will, as a Veteran, and as a DEVOUT Atheist, and as a HUMAN- stand proudly by and let you say whatever the FUCK you want to say- even if there are times I don't agree, (never seemed to happen with you Eddie, you're kind of my alter brain). To apologize for saying anything is to say you agree there is a need to apologize, when there really isn't. But, STUPID doesn't get that. STUPID expects you to cow-tow. STUPID is a terrible place to be. And Eddie, and anyone else who made it this far, and gets where I'm coming from. YOU are NOT stupid. YOU are Why there IS free speech. And this VETERAN loves you for it.
When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau