This is where I hang out in the summer

Montrose Harbor.
I go there in June and July, on the weekends, and I fish. I bring my cup of coffee, and watch a beautiful sunrise. I relax, drink my coffee, and enjoy 3-4 hours of peace. Just myself, my thoughts, and my fishing gear. For 15 years or so this has been my "little escape". Well, last Sunday I wasn't able to go there early morning, so I decided to go there around 6pm for the late night fish.

This is what I encountered.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC4QFjAC&url=http://abc7chicago.com/news/2-officers-hurt-in-montrose-beach-fight-9-in-custody/183460/&ei=AVLFU72pCMawyATNjYLYBQ&usg=AFQjCNGTNikIt6oGOjDveWFleH5zDpWukg&bvm=bv.70810081,d.aWw

What a fucking disaster.
The city of Chicago is just turning to shit.
2 weeks ago at that same harbor 2 ladies were shot.
2 years ago some ignorant fuck walked up to a fisherman, and for shits and giggles, decided to push that fisherman in the water. Well, that fisherman drowned.

I guess it may be time to find another place to get 3-4 hours of peace.

Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Fucked up story.

Summer in Chicago is beautiful. But at the same time, there is so much fucked up shit that goes on.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421

Fucked up story.

Summer in Chicago is beautiful. But at the same time, there is so much fucked up shit that goes on.

The city of Chicago is a fucking war zone.
    And its everywhere. Not just the gangbangers. The crime and violence is everywhere.

When did people truly just stop giving a fuck?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    wtf..is doesnt make any sense...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421

There are a few videos that people took of the nonsense.
    Crazy shit. What the fuck would provoke some 19 yr old and 22 yr old kid, to throw beer bottles at a police officer? I hope those 2 assholes get 5 years in prison.

These punks showed up at the lakefront, got piss drunk, left a few thousand pounds of garbage behind, and decided to throw beer bottles at police?

Real fucking nice.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823

Crazy shit. What the fuck would provoke some 19 yr old and 22 yr old kid, to throw beer bottles at a police officer? I hope those 2 assholes get 5 years in prison.

These punks showed up at the lakefront, got piss drunk, left a few thousand pounds of garbage behind, and decided to throw beer bottles at police?

Real fucking nice.
    Yeah, I saw some of those vidoes. Disturbing shit.

The biggest problem in Chicago seems to be that none of these assholes seem to fear or respect the police anymore. Seems to be getting worse and worse with no end in sight.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633

Real fucking nice.
    Good question, Speedy. Also, WTF would provoke some kid to punch a complete stranger, (me) totally unprovoked, in the back of the head, threaten to kill his wife, and attempt to break their car window. This bullshit has to stop.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Real fucking nice.
    I think those 2 "assholes" were taken care of in jail for cracking officers with bottles.....bring out the gimp pulp fiction style...

Yup in all seriousness Chicagoland area is a mess burbs included.. My cousin woke up to 5 shots on his front step the night of the pride parade by the riv..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    No respect for authority anywhere anymore. One of the many reasons I run to the mountains during the summer. Had enough of the big city life.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!