Options

** Need logistical help for Barcelona! **

.Al..Al. Posts: 15
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I had to cancel my trip to Barcelona because of work - but now it looks like it's back on after a whole load of crazy shit happened. I now have the chance to book a last-minute flight after cancelling my first.

Basically, if I get a late flight into Barca landing at 5.30pm - what's the best way of getting from the airport to Badelona? Is it quicker by taxi or by train? How long will it take during the rush hour?

Can anyone from Barca help?

Ta!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    * Bump *
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    hello

just get from the airport either by bus or train to plaça Catalunya then get the subway to the venue. (Gorg station). It's cheap and will get you pretty fast, like in one hour or so.
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    An hour! I land at 5.20pm so it's going to be tight... Cheers
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    doors open 7.30, plenty of time ;)
  • Options
    Al* wrote:
    I had to cancel my trip to Barcelona because of work - but now it looks like it's back on after a whole load of crazy shit happened. I now have the chance to book a last-minute flight after cancelling my first.

Basically, if I get a late flight into Barca landing at 5.30pm - what's the best way of getting from the airport to Badelona? Is it quicker by taxi or by train? How long will it take during the rush hour?

Can anyone from Barca help?

Ta!

didn´t see this thread earlier, i hope it´s not too late:

it´s quicker by taxi, but cheaper by train...
    if you don´t have a lot of luggage, it´s better if you take the train.
    with the train it´s really simple. you need to take train line R1 from the airport to Passeig de Gràcia. From there take metro line 2 (Lila) with the direction Pep Ventura, step out at Gorg. tada!

the taxi´s charge extra for the luggage aswell, so i think it will cost you at least 40€ and i to be honest i think it will be more...

with train+metro, you´ll be in badalona within 45 min or so
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys - I'm rushing off now!