Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    If you're not 1st, you're last.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I'm curious on what basis he was fired...for buying something legal?

I hope one of these pot shops hires him as their security guard.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    hedonist said:

Drug testing policy at work.

From what I gather, his company saw him on T.V. and decided to give the BLITHERING IDIOT a drug test?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Wow....just, wow.
    ELITIST FUK
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    :))
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.

hedonist said:

Drug testing policy at work.

From what I gather, his company saw him on T.V. and decided to give the BLITHERING IDIOT a drug test?
    Well, if he showed up to work stoned, then bad on him. I didn't read anything about him being tested, just being fired after he was seen in the news clip.

If he partakes on his own time and is sober while working (much like with alcohol or prescription meds/painkillers), then it should be the "blithering idiot's" business and not that of his company.

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    He's been rehired, so an apparent happy ending. He works for LaborReady, a temp employment agency.

Another worker who caught some heat is Seattle's chief prosecutor, Pete Holmes. He also publicly went in and purchased 2 grams of week from a retail store in Seattle. He said he was keeping one for posterity (I'm sure it is a trophy), and will consume the other at an appropriate time. I do love that he's been a champion for legalization. Before pot was legalized he said his office was done prosecuting simple possession, which then caused Seattle Police Department to make pot possession its lowest priority. That effectively stopped weed busts (for simple possession) in Seattle. Anyway, apparently the head of HR for the city sent a memo out reminding all workers that drugs are not allowed in the workplace. It sounds like Holmes went back to work after purchasing the pot, and presumably had his weed on him at work.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Just saw this too. Good!

I've (legally) purchased pot from my local dispensary while on a break and then returned to work...had it in my car though, rather than on me. Still, I doubt my company would care (or know?) either way as long as I wasn't working while high or didn't have my office reeking of it.

Anyway...go Pete!