Mystery posters in store now

Comments

• DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    Still impatiently waiting in thunder bay
  • MRMACPHISTO75MRMACPHISTO75 Posts: 383
    edited August 2014
    Belfast 2010 in the UK!! I like it!! Off to buy the bootleg now!! :-)

Double good news, my membership pack has arrived today as well!

Off to the races today, so let's hope the good day continues!! :-)
    Post edited by MRMACPHISTO75 on
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Got belfast 2010 too in the uk
    Already own it so if anyone would like to trade send me a pm
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    It's no more a mystery to me. I got Montreal 2011 here in NL.
    http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/141121

Not my holy grail, but a nice poster nonetheless. And the anticipation was a big part of the fun. :)
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I also got ames 2000 Dallas
  • EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    Nice, did you grab 2 Will?
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427

I also got ames 2000 Dallas

Nice one Will, love that one.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • coopcoop Posts: 10
    Collected my poster from the post office this morning. I'm in Scotland.

I got Christchurch NZ 2009 and I really like it!
    http://pearljam.com/setlists/1024/2009/20577/ami_stadium

It's been fun following which poster everyone's been getting. If they do this again I'll definitely take part. Thanks Santos!
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    No I made a trade with another member for that one. It was his mystery poster
  • sonnasonna Posts: 377

Mine has arrived in the UK today, but I have to go and pay those nice customs people £12 first, before they will let me have it!!

snap
    here's hoping i get something good , will find out in the morning

Been stung as well for customs charges. Royal Mail slapped an 8 quid handling fee on the bastards. Lets hope its worth it.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    edited August 2014
    Got am AMES Bros Belfast 2010 here in Burlington, Ontario...can't post pic but it's the green devil with the snake...not one I was looking for but cool print nonetheless...and the mystery aspect was cool...definitely worth the $30.
    Would consider a trade if someone really wants or needs it but if not it's still a cool print for my collection.

Thanks. 10C
    The one thing that has me wondering though, with these mystery posters, are the many post-2009 posters that are now showing up. Or rather, not them showing up (it was a mystery sale after all), but that those posters are/were not available in the shop. Does anyone have an idea why posters like Montreal 2011, Belfast 2010, Christchurch 2009, Made In America 2012, etc. are not available in the shop anymore but are now popping up several times with the mystery poster sale?
  • lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,277
    Looking for dallas 2000 if anyone wants to sale theirs. My first show. Have it but got stains on it at the show. Would like to frame one.
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 230

The one thing that has me wondering though, with these mystery posters, are the many post-2009 posters that are now showing up. Or rather, not them showing up (it was a mystery sale after all), but that those posters are/were not available in the shop. Does anyone have an idea why posters like Montreal 2011, Belfast 2010, Christchurch 2009, Made In America 2012, etc. are not available in the shop anymore but are now popping up several times with the mystery poster sale?

Probably so that they can hold sales like this, where fans like us will buy something blindly purely for the anticipation. A lottery where some will win, and others won't.

Also, from a marketing perspective, it's genius. This is where the corporation that is PJ is able to clear old inventory, by profiting on some of the undesirable posters that otherwise wouldn't sell. They bait the waters with some well sought after products to attract the likes of us, and bingo! Old inventory sold. That's sales and marketing 101.

Probably so that they can hold sales like this, where fans like us will buy something blindly purely for the anticipation. A lottery where some will win, and others won't.

Also, from a marketing perspective, it's genius. This is where the corporation that is PJ is able to clear old inventory, by profiting on some of the undesirable posters that otherwise wouldn't sell. They bait the waters with some well sought after products to attract the likes of us, and bingo! Old inventory sold. That's sales and marketing 101.
    But I'm not sure that the posters I mentioned are undesirable ones that otherwise won't sell. They may not have ended up at the right persons with this mystery sale, but from what I gather from this thread, there's interest in them. And to my knowledge none of the posters that are still in the shop (and thus aren't selling) have showed up in this mystery sale.

But that first part of your quote might be it, that they just withhold posters when their inventory is below a certain threshold, just so they can sell them in a mystery sale.
  • GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 230

But I'm not sure that the posters I mentioned are undesirable ones that otherwise won't sell. They may not have ended up at the right persons with this mystery sale, but from what I gather from this thread, there's interest in them. And to my knowledge none of the posters that are still in the shop (and thus aren't selling) have showed up in this mystery sale.

But that first part of your quote might be it, that they just withhold posters when their inventory is below a certain threshold, just so they can sell them in a mystery sale.

The posters you mentioned are the gems that we all want! Those are the ones that make these sales happen. But there are posters in the store for example that will never sell. So the only way to unload them is in a blind draw like these mystery sales. Of course the quality of the art is truly in the eye of the beholder, regarding some of the undesirable ones. We all have different tastes for what we like.

The posters you mentioned are the gems that we all want! Those are the ones that make these sales happen. But there are posters in the store for example that will never sell. So the only way to unload them is in a blind draw like these mystery sales. Of course the quality of the art is truly in the eye of the beholder, regarding some of the undesirable ones. We all have different tastes for what we like.
    But the thing is, the posters that apparently never sell are not popping up in this mystery poster sale. And the ones I mentioned are apparently some recent gems (2009 and newer). So why not have those in the shop? Then PJ could've sold them sooner. They would have the money sooner and less space in their storage/warehouse.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

But the thing is, the posters that apparently never sell are not popping up in this mystery poster sale. And the ones I mentioned are apparently some recent gems (2009 and newer). So why not have those in the shop? Then PJ could've sold them sooner. They would have the money sooner and less space in their storage/warehouse.
    I think the mystery box was clearing out excess stock, but this mystery poster sale was more of a treat for the fans. Its no secret that they keep stock of lots of memorabilia no longer available in the shop, which is evident by the pop-up shops, etc.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • HEXHEX Posts: 221
    Got Montreal 2011 - Jeff Soto - here in the Netherlands.
    http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/141121
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    coop said:

Collected my poster from the post office this morning. I'm in Scotland.

I got Christchurch NZ 2009 and I really like it!
    http://pearljam.com/setlists/1024/2009/20577/ami_stadium

It's been fun following which poster everyone's been getting. If they do this again I'll definitely take part. Thanks Santos!

congrats, man. That's one of my favourites. My brother got me one at the show back in 2009.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • bv237207bv237207 Posts: 14
    Got Ottowa 2005 - Brad Klausen in the Netherlands
    http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/28491
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Got back from Cape Cod around midnight Friday and picked up my mystery poster tube :bz (unopened of course) and 3 weeks worth of mail X_X from my bro-in-law today. I haven't followed the thread since they started shipping to NW states (July 21 - give or take and a peek here and there),

I got Pearl Jam Los Angeles/San Diego 00 Ames - 1st of the 'Cali Trio' - http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1750

Now I know my taste is highly questionable since I admitted I thought the Pig/Bear/Wolf/Man was cute; but i think this is really nice. There are numbers & letters which may be meaningless. I was very happy after (painstakingly) removing it from the tube. Don't know if it's considered 'good' by poster collectors but my credibility is shot anyway.

One problem, actually two, there is what looks like water damage on the stained glass. And there's a line that shouldn't be there that I wouldn't have noticed if I weren't looking at the imperfections. Don't know if i just chalk that up to part of the mystery? I'll post pic and those of you who know what you are doing can advice.

Aside from that, I am very happy with what i got and that it's part of a trio.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    njnancy said:

Got back from Cape Cod around midnight Friday and picked up my mystery poster tube :bz (unopened of course) and 3 weeks worth of mail X_X from my bro-in-law today. I haven't followed the thread since they started shipping to NW states (July 21 - give or take and a peek here and there),

I got Pearl Jam Los Angeles/San Diego 00 Ames - 1st of the 'Cali Trio' - http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1750

Now I know my taste is highly questionable since I admitted I thought the Pig/Bear/Wolf/Man was cute; but i think this is really nice. There are numbers & letters which may be meaningless. I was very happy after (painstakingly) removing it from the tube. Don't know if it's considered 'good' by poster collectors but my credibility is shot anyway.

One problem, actually two, there is what looks like water damage on the stained glass. And there's a line that shouldn't be there that I wouldn't have noticed if I weren't looking at the imperfections. Don't know if i just chalk that up to part of the mystery? I'll post pic and those of you who know what you are doing can advice.

Aside from that, I am very happy with what i got and that it's part of a trio.

I also think this one is pretty cool and would love to have the trio framed. What kind of numbers/letters are you talking about? I think it's expected that odds and sods like this that have been hanging around the warehouse for nearly 15 years would be a bit worse for wear. If they had a bunch of old, mint posters on their hands they'd probably auction them to get the best bang for their buck.
    edited August 2014
    I'm very happy with the poster and didn't know if that was common for older posters to have some damage; that's why I asked here. Posting a picture of the damage on the poster to see what you think about it. I am pretty clueless about the whole poster thing so ...trying to upload the pic, but it's being stubborn.

The numbers are - on the bottom right hand corner of the picture there's a a box with M over E 5. There were 1100 of them i think EB said, and I thought that might be it's number but it's the same on the picture on EB website. And then in the two little boxes on the outer left and right bottom corners there is a C (left) and an S (right).

Post edited by njnancy on
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    njnancy said:

I'm very happy with the poster and didn't know if that was common for older posters to have some damage; that's why I asked here. Posting a picture of the damage on the poster to see what you think about it. I am pretty clueless about the whole poster thing so ...trying to upload the pic, but it's being stubborn.

The numbers are - on the bottom right hand corner of the picture there's a a box with M over E 5. There were 1100 of them i think EB said, and I thought that might be it's number but it's the same on the picture on EB website. And then in the two little boxes on the outer left and right bottom corners there is a C (left) and an S (right).

The "box" is actually an A and the 5 is an S, so it spells out Ames, as in Ames Bros., the designer of the poster. The C and the S are the initials of Coby Schultz, one of the two Ames "Bros." (They're not really brothers.)
    njnancy said:

The 'M over E 5' you mention is actually the name of the artist, Ames (notice that M E S are enclosed in an A). You can see this in picture #5 on the Expressobeans page.
    http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1750

As that one doesn't show a closeup of the C & S letters I have no idea what that means. But I'm pretty sure that's intentional too. :)

The "box" is actually an A and the 5 is an S, so it spells out Ames, as in Ames Bros., the designer of the poster. The C and the S are the initials of Coby Schultz, one of the two Ames "Bros." (They're not really brothers.)

Thank you - very cool - i didn't even see the AMES until it was pointed out. And now I know what CS is. Interesting. Appreciate the explanation. :)

The 'M over E 5' you mention is actually the name of the artist, Ames (notice that M E S are enclosed in an A). You can see this in picture #5 on the Expressobeans page.
    http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1750

As that one doesn't show a closeup of the C & S letters I have no idea what that means. But I'm pretty sure that's intentional too. :)

Thank you for explaining (I was sure that was a number of some meaning...clever.) I appreciate you taking time to explain. :)>-

I still need to post a pic of the damage so you guys can let me know if it's normal wear or not. Tomorrow I'll figure out why the upload isn't working for me today.

• jaw72jaw72 Posts: 28
    got my poster this morning having to pay £11.52 ransom from the nice people at customs and the post office, ames munich 07
  • MI76260MI76260 Gothenburg, Sweden Posts: 142
    Got my poster here in Gothenburg, Sweden this morning:

Toronto 2003: http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1739

• OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    Good morning!
    Chicago '06 Klausen, just delivered. http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/37678
    I see a very interesting insights into people power or maybe is just a guy starting a fight ;)
    Love it!