a good way to teach two guitar noobs?

Hey
I'd like to learn to play guitar along with my 8 year old.
Any programs, books, etc...that anyone knows that'll be of help?
Thanks
That I no longer give a fuck
Who is wrong and who’s right

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    To be perfectly honest...youtube has a wealth of knowledge and it's STILL my "go to" source when I need help. I play by ear and learned tabs from a few friends. Playing along to songs helps, too. But youtube...it's a great way to start. Also check out the guitar chord finder apps for smart phones. That also helps. Best wishes and I think it's totally you're gonna learn to play along with the little one!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Yup. Youtube, justin guitar.

Also Rocksmith and Bandfuse if you have a PC, XBox 360, and/or a PS3.

A decent program is Rock Prodigy too.
  • steeler4lifesteeler4life Posts: 405
    I started teaching myself to play guitar in December 2013. I started with YouTube. After about 2 months I just looked up tab for songs that I wanted to learn how to play. Then I could start to play songs from Ten (I got a Ten songbook in Seattle). I've been playing consistently since I started and now I can play almost every song on Ten (Even Flow, Alive, Black, Jeremy, Oceans, Porch, Garden, Release).

If you know how to read tab you should be ok. Just practice consistently and know your basic chords. Alive is a good first song to learn.
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14