4th of July

Maybe a little grilling
Maybe a little fishing
Maybe a fireworks show.

And then there is the possibility that my dumbass has to get up and go to work Saturday!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Grilling, drinking, burning, exploding, swimming, hangovering, and no work until Monday!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    grilling, homemade ice cream, fireworks, fishing this weekend!
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    edited July 2014
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic" />

Enjoy your national holiday <:-P
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    I'll be at a Russian wedding. What a way to celebrate America's bday!!
  • Beer, margaritas, lemonade,lots of grilling, swimming, chasing fireflies, fireworks, ice cream cones, watermelon and someone where in there Star Wars marathon.

Beer, margaritas, lemonade,lots of grilling, swimming, chasing fireflies, fireworks, ice cream cones, watermelon and someone where in there Star Wars marathon.

I have similar plans, and I pulled out my Star Wars Blu-ray set yesterday and started watching. Have fun!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • I'm not fwom Amewica, but I may Bawbecue anyway.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Beer, margaritas, lemonade,lots of grilling, swimming, chasing fireflies, fireworks, ice cream cones, watermelon and someone where in there Star Wars marathon.

I have similar plans, and I pulled out my Star Wars Blu-ray set yesterday and started watching. Have fun!

Oh forgot lightsaber battle with my boys. I'm either Ventress or Mara Jade. I'm feeling the double sabers though so I think I will go with Ventress.

Sounds like a great time!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    So...rain. Lots of it, apparently. Boston fireworks rescheduled for tonight but the rain is supposed to have already started by then. We have some party hopping to do on Saturday but the 4th itself is looking like an indoor event this year. Too bad because it along with Super Bowl Sunday and Christmas Eve are my favorite days of the year. :-(

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Barbecue with friends...maybe some fireworks...I am not sure...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It's time to blow some shit up!
  • frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Posts: 765
    edited July 2014
    Jason P said:

Last year a 40 shot missile type firework fell over and had our everyone on our street dodging them. People were literally diving on the ground and into garages No one was hurt so I can now say it was funny.

Needless to say we picked up the rest of our fireworks and went inside.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Jason P said:

Last year a 40 shot missile type firework fell over and had our everyone on our street dodging them. People were literally diving on the ground and into garages No one was hurt so I can now say it was funny.

When I was a kid my dad's friend bought $1000 of fireworks. The first rocket's lit fuse caught the nearest back of fireworks on fire and chaos insued. I jumped into a swimming pool to dodge flying artillary. Luckly no one was hurt but it melted the siding of his house. One of the saving factors is that he had the bag of fireworks sitting on top of a rubbermaid trash can and the lid eventually melted which helped contain some of the projectiles.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Throw something on the grill

Take something ice cold out of the cooler

Float in the pool

Watch fireworks at the pier

Happy 4th of July everyone!

So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Jason P said:

Jason P said:

When I was a kid my dad's friend bought $1000 of fireworks. The first rocket's lit fuse caught the nearest back of fireworks on fire and chaos insued. I jumped into a swimming pool to dodge flying artillary. Luckly no one was hurt but it melted the siding of his house. One of the saving factors is that he had the bag of fireworks sitting on top of a rubbermaid trash can and the lid eventually melted which helped contain some of the projectiles.
    Memories are what make like great... I bet none of you ever forget that.

Fireworks these days are crazy big, and as we are grown children we experiment. Those drop in shells tied together are quite a bang. Be warned though they don't get very far off the ground when tied together and a starburst fire work just 20 or so feet in the air is dangerous.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    frozen, you are correct on memories - hope my mind always retains beloved moments.

While I love that our little condo provides a beautiful panorama for seeing fireworks - a shitload of them from north to east to south - I wish we had a front porch, to hang the flag.

My dad did it as I grew up and each year after all of the day's festivities, it was always a solemn ritual, folding that flag formal style.

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Looks like rain all day tomorrow but hopefully clearing in time for grilling and fireworks at night. Making our traditional American flag dessert... Sugar cookie bottom patted out to fill the rectangular cookie sheet. Frosted with cream cheese frosting and topped with strawberries and blueberries arranged to create the flag. Yummmm
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
    Boston's always awesome but this year day early celebration is happening now and streaming online at bostonpopsjuly4th.org. Fireworks scheduled for 10:30 eastern. Enjoy!

edited July 2014
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Looks like rain all day tomorrow but hopefully clearing in time for grilling and fireworks at night. Making our traditional American flag dessert... Sugar cookie bottom patted out to fill the rectangular cookie sheet. Frosted with cream cheese frosting and topped with strawberries and blueberries arranged to create the flag. Yummmm

Sounds delicious. If you take a picture and IF you have the time please post to foodie thread.
  • JimmyV said:
    I hope one day to make it to New England for July 4th.