torn rotator cuff & pain

dear gimmietruth & other medical professionals,

my R shoulder is smoked. please help! this past winter i blew out my R shoulder shoveling deep heavy snow like a madman, that hurt & left my arm hanging there paralyzed. the orthopedics guys take xrays & shoot both shoulders w/ their stuff. (yes both shoulders are pretty much trashed from my dumb ass life accidents. five days ago or so i lifted a 30-40 lb dumbell out of my car & blew out my R shoulder again. my doctor injects both shoulder again, two injections each. forward to lastnight, i lift up a farelly heafty laundry basket fulla wet towels & clothes & my laundry soap bottle & i put the basket on my shoulder out of habit as that is how i carry heaftier items... bam, snap, fuck paralyzing & worse than the other two happening put together.

i can barelly lift my arm, could not touch my face afterwards for several minutes & from that moment on my arm's length to my wrist felt like a nerve was screaming at me. today the nerve or whatever it was seems to have let up a bit. the shoulder is feeling broken or the rotator cuff anyway feels this way or whatever it is feels destroyed. yes both shoulders have bone on bone shoulder arthritis

yours truly,
this sux

p.s. making my way to the e.r. sometime but am slow as that is several hrs of fucking around sitting there
you'd think old chadwick would catch a break every once in awhile but that isn't the case
anyone ever have this issue?

thank you
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Better go in and get this checked asap.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    I'm going through this right now - the tearing, arthritis and a degenerative cartilage condition, well actually have been since January. First stop lifting shit, second the shots only mask the symptoms and pain. It takes time and concentrated physical therapy and massage therapy to heal over many moons.
    Not the answer you are looking for and yes I understand the frustration but you are looking at six months to a year of rehabilitation before you can even think of operating anywhere close to your former limits.
    Seeing as you seemed to have damaged it several times you may even be looking at surgery but not necessarily. You need an MRI or at the least an arthrogram CT to truly diagnose exactly where and how severe the damage is.
    Mostly stop doing shit with the hurt arm and I say this as a person who has been read the riot act several times in the last six months every time I try to push it. I am very independent and like doing shit on my own but I've had to swallow that down and ask for help knowing that if I do this in the short term then I can be free to do things myself in the long term.
    Get yourself a good physiotherapist(if you can find one that works on shoulders a lot then all the better) and a registered massage therapist. Take the time to heal and stop getting shots unless you absolutely have to(you know when the pain is so bad you want to rip off said arm and beat yourself to death with it).
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    edited July 2014
    wow, n.dragon
    good luck to you please

yeah i am slowly learning i am not 18 years old anymore. im 42 & for all these years i always thought i was a young guy. i feel like im falling apart & having to swallow this fact sure kicks hard on the way down. be well, sir & i am going be listen to advice better, i think so, yes

good advice, omgkatlady.
    time for a shower & the ER
    i sure as shit didn't swim yet today & that alone has me feeling like a cry-baby-candy-ass-little-shithead with a busted up shoulder.

in my way of thinking one should carry on with bad off shoulders, knees, back, neck or what have you. i have everything bad off & after long years of this it gets harder & harder to get back up & crawl forward. but that is how i do this, there are no other choices out there.

be well, people
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    chadwick,

northerndragon knows his / her shit. Don't try to be bold or brave or Herculean or anything like that - it comes from within anyway, as you know. The more you exacerbate this, the worse it will get and the longer it will take to get back to some semblance of normalcy.

Tough as it may be for you...go easy on yourself!

From someone with a semi-fucked-up back and who realizes there's some stuff I simply can't (or shouldn't) do anymore...
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Chadwick, sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Hopefully the time in the ER won't be long.
    ELITIST FUK
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Sorry to hear you're hurting man! I know from experience, messing around with this kinda stuff is bad though, get it taken care of ASAP...I didn't tear my rotator cuff, but I've just had a total hip replacement this year, and I let that thing go and go and go before getting it checked out and then on top of that, had doctors dick me around....so get it looked at and taken care of before it gets worse!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    it takes time & appointments to see all these medical folks & it is starting. today i thank the e.r. nursing staff, today's e.r. doctor & my pharmacist. 'go-go-go' sings the cheering squard

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    Whoa Chad that sucks i hope you don't have to go under the knife .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    i have a gym bag fulla knives & a double bladed axe. often they're under me as they're under my bed in case bad guys show up. very big, very sharp & very nice

who else keep an axe under their bed?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    chadwick said:

i have a gym bag fulla knives & a double bladed axe. often they're under me as they're under my bed in case bad guys show up. very big, very sharp & very nice

Lizzie Borden came too mind! HAHA! Just Kidding!
    :D
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

chadwick said:

Lizzie Borden came too mind! HAHA! Just Kidding!
    :D
    That is EXACTLY where my mind went when I read his question too.... =))
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    hedonist said:

chadwick,

northerndragon knows his / her shit.

the northerndragon is a her. she lives in the way northern wilds. not sure of her status, but she and chad might make a good match. :-?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    imalive said:

hedonist said:

chadwick,

the northerndragon is a her. she lives in the way northern wilds. not sure of her status, but she and chad might make a good match. :-?
    Ah, thanks. I've mistaken genders before - online, online! :D
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    imalive said:

hedonist said:

chadwick,

:))
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes