Options

What not to forget when going to a PJ concert?

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i hear thru the applevine the guys write poetry on the female underwears thrown up to them. one could even use a pair or two as guitar picks, microphone wraps, silky drum holders, lacy scarves or grandma stained headbands

rock 'n roll requires women never to forget their underwear & throwing arm

the end
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    chadwick said:

i hear thru the applevine the guys write poetry on the female underwears thrown up to them. one could even use a pair or two as guitar picks, microphone wraps, silky drum holders, lacy scarves or grandma stained headbands

the end

:)) You are awesome Chadwick !!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    yeah that is true a little bit

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That's just nasty - almost as bad or worse than the used-panty vending machines in Japan.

I wonder if men have tossed their wares to the women of Heart, the Go-Go's the the like.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    But I don't think we are talking about used ones... :)
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    hedonist said:

That's just nasty - almost as bad or worse than the used-panty vending machines in Japan.

Wait, what? Tell me you're not serious
  • Options
    I assumed that some women in the throes of whatever took off the underwear being worn and hurled it up.

But if not...are some ladies pre-planning the toss and packing an extra? How would it go down (or up, so to speak)?

Either way, kind of odd. Especially when it comes to PJ, as they strike me as ... purer than that.

(and yes, I've been known to over-think things sometimes)
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    edited June 2014
    hedonist said:

I wonder if men have tossed their wares to the women of Heart, the Go-Go's the the like.

Your serious ? @-)
  • Options
    The vending machines? Yes, they do exist.

(and apologies for the thread divergence)
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Annafalk said:

eddiec said:

A big fatty.

I was going with my hubby :) and apparently he heard me shouting;

I LOVE YOU to Eddie ;)) but he was totally ok with it. :)>-

:-j and for your hubby =D>
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    hedonist said:

I assumed that some women in the throes of whatever took off the underwear being worn and hurled it up.

The only underwear tosser I know was like that. She claimed not being able to remember when or how that happened, but she left shows of a certain band bra-less every single time. I always wondered how far gone you had to be in order to remove your undies and throw them at someone who doesn't even know your name. In public. Repeatedly.

Vending machines?! :-O

On topic: lozenges for the way home when you start to realise what singing along to more than 30 songs is doing to your vocal chords.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    why does a rock n roll band need know a woman's name before she can toss up her undergarments? therefore she should bring 16 different types of lingerie, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    16? Hm, depends on material of said lingerie combined with distance to stage, aim, arm and coordination skills of the person throwing it, I guess. Trajectory of granny pants and padded bras could be easier calculated than lacy stuff due to the added weight, so she might not have to bring that many. If she's there to restock the vending machine, 16 is not going to cut it I guess.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    Beautiful and impressive :D
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Annafalk said:

eddiec said:

A big fatty.

I was going with my hubby :) and apparently he heard me shouting;

I LOVE YOU to Eddie ;)) but he was totally ok with it. :)>-
    This cracked me up.

Someone suggested "a big fatty" and the reply came "I was going with my hubby"

8-X
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Credit card for the ridiculous amount of money I will drop at the merch stand.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Sonja_S said:

16? Hm, depends on material of said lingerie combined with distance to stage, aim, arm and coordination skills of the person throwing it, I guess. Trajectory of granny pants and padded bras could be easier calculated than lacy stuff due to the added weight, so she might not have to bring that many. If she's there to restock the vending machine, 16 is not going to cut it I guess.

just can't she bring a bit of her collection of undergarments & call it good w/out ironing out distance, aim, arm & coordination skills & all the other math work? what if she has been drinking, what if she is tall or what if she is short, what if she is stoned, what if she ate well before the event, what if she hasn't yet ate, what if her puppy just died, what if her puppy has worms, what if her car sucks, what if her grandma sucks, what if she likes to talk, what if she's shy, what if she's a hooker, what if she's not a hooker, what if she has one eye, what if she can't sing along, what if she sings along, what if she has a degree from university, what if she's an idiot, what if she is wonderful, what if she not quite so wonderful, what if she stalks ed, what if she doesn't know ed's name is ed, what if she eats fruit, what if she dislikes fruit,

so on & so forth

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    what if ed wants to drink from it
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What if Sea or Kat could close this thread now please I don't like it..
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Annafalk said:

chadwick said:

the end

:)) You are awesome Chadwick !!!

Ed Vedder drank some wine out of a fan's sneaker which was thrown to the stage the other night.

That's why I said what I did, annafalk

Sweaty concoction glugged during Pearl Jam show in Stockholm
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/pearl-jam/78246#PkEMbkf1RqMrjO9f.99
    http://www.nme.com/news/pearl-jam/78246

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVi85obXAbs

Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No I didn't like that either :( and this article has wrong facts in it too. No shoe was thrown during the concert.
    It was a fantastic show and I will have it in my memory for the rest of my life.

Peace
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    Annafalk said:

No I didn't like that either :( and this article has wrong facts in it too. No shoe was thrown during the concert.
    It was a fantastic show and I will have it in my memory for the rest of my life.

Peace

Whose shoe is that then?? Lol.
    Gross Eddie. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Is this article correct then?

Either way, It sounds like there actually was some thrown shoes

Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder Drinks Wine From Fan’s Shoe in Sweden
    by Chad Childers June 30, 2014 11:30 AM

Read More: Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder Drinks Wine From Fan's Shoe | http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-drinks-wine-fans-shoe-sweden/?trackback=tsmclip\

http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-drinks-wine-fans-shoe-sweden/

Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    just what if the crazed pearl jammed fan had previously decided to one afternoon use their converse tenny runners as something not very decent

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If I had seen that sign which that shameless girl was holding I would have taken it away from her and teared it apart.
    (No other shoe was handed or thrown on or of the stage that night, I promise.)

Here is the girl;
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152550038451948&set=a.464316186947.260328.686341947&type=1&theater

Peace
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    edited July 2014
    Annafalk said:

If I had seen that sign which that shameless girl was holding I would have taken it away from her and teared it apart.

Here is the girl;
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152550038451948&set=a.464316186947.260328.686341947&type=1&theater

Peace

What sign was she holding, and what about this incident makes you so mad? Lol! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

Annafalk said:

Here is the girl;

Peace

What sign was she holding, and what about this incident makes you so mad? Lol! :D
    The sign said;
    Sign my shoe
    And ok, maybe I wouldn't have teared her sign but I don't think that it's a nice thing to ask for.
    I just don't want you to think that we were a bad audience..
    Peace
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    Annafalk said:

Peace

what do you mean "no shoe"? I've seen it with my own eyes @-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Annafalk said:

Peace

what do you mean "no shoe"? I've seen it with my own eyes @-)
    But the shoe was handed to Eddie becaused he asked for it after reading the sign and then he asked for her to throw up the other shoe too. Then he first tossed them both away haha saying
    - you don't know me
    But later he signed it...
    No other shoes than her's was tossed.
    Can we drop this now??
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    No!!

just kidding.. ;))