Do you ever go back and read your old posts?

covered in blisscovered in bliss Posts: 1,332
edited June 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
Haven't been here in ages..taking a walk down memory lane. Kinda weird to see what was important to me years ago. It all seems so silly today.

Favorites so far are..coyotes (still a problem and black bears have made their way into IL)..boys killing animals normal? (One boy was being abused by his father) nail polish.. meh. Disowning family....wow..have come such a long way since that one.

Do not remember posting some of the things I did. Not too happy about that.

So, again..Do you go back?

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Howdy!

I totally get your perspective on looking back...how situations and ourselves can change over time (hopefully typically for the better).

I haven't actively searched out my past stuff but when I come across old posts of mine here and there, I have the same reactions as you.

Some of them also make me think I must've been really fucking high at the time :D
  • I remember you from the old days. Was recently thinking about the woman that passed from ovarian cancer and the gentleman with skin cancer.. who's pearl jam? Or something like that...

I dunno...everyone should search through their old posts..It's a bit humbling...
    Yes, I think of them fondly. I hope he's doing well these days.

And humbling indeed. Not a bad thing at all.

"stung (stunned?) by my own reflection, it sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again"
  • Wish we had a like function to acknowledge posts like that, hedonist. =) instead, I will post...

Hey everyone...go back and read your stuff!
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    Haven't been here in about a year. I looked back at some of my old private messages and a few threads. It is weird looking back at some of those.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    not sure if i want that
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

not sure if i want that

Wouldn't it take you a long time to read them all, Dimitris?
    I'd rather see new posts from you!
    >:D<
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

not sure if i want that

Dig up old posts, just not your own? I see, I see ;)

When the old Sony BBS was going down in what, 2000 or 2001? I printed out some threads that were meaningful to me. Last week I came upon them and what sweet memories they brought back (and damn, I so miss some of those folks).

I know many advocate not looking back, living in the present tense, etc...but we're products of our past - maybe not in totality but certainly in part. It's ok and even healthy, needed, to examine our footprints, paths and words from time to time, if not just for the fun of it but also for the comparisons of then vs. now. Keep ourselves in check, in a way.

Bah! I'm feeling No Code-ish now :D
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    hedonist said:

Howdy!

I totally get your perspective on looking back...how situations and ourselves can change over time (hopefully typically for the better).

I haven't actively searched out my past stuff but when I come across old posts of mine here and there, I have the same reactions as you.

Some of them also make me think I must've been really fucking high at the time :D

Hedonist I have and I'm certain I must have been high on some of the things I've written. I can recall coming over to this board starting out on Moving Train in 06-07' and posting my first thread
    911 Mysteries. I posted that in the morning and by evening time when I got off work 11 pages had been written. I was hooked to this board from then on. I doubt if it can be found now besides I lost 9,000 posts when we switched over in 2009 I think.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Those are usually some of the best, g.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    3 years ago I posted that my favorite song was SOLAT unplugged.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633
    I wish I had posts that go back more than the (almost) four years I've been here. How long before I'm no longer a newbie? :-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    thankfully about 5,000 of my old posts have been deleted. :\">
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i was wonder today what was my 61.048 post..glad i found it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124

i was wonder today what was my 61.048 post..glad i found it

:))

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    I have a hard time revisiting anything I've written. Posts, letters, journal entries, blogs, essays, it doesn't matter. Sometimes it just feels too introspective, other times I just find myself being hypercritical.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    There was an old thread revived here not long ago and I had posted a few times in it. Reading my posts I had a hard time even comprehending the perspective I had at the time...