June 17, 1994

20th Anniversary of a weird and amazing conglomeration of sports related events:

1) opening game of the World Cup hosted by the US
2) Arnold Palmer's last round ever at US Open
3) Canyon of Heros parade for NY Rangers' first Stanley Cup in 54 years
4) game 5 Knicks-Rockets
5) OJ Simpson White Bronco slow speed chase

Where were you? I met my wife that night. I knew she was a keeper when she hung with me watching the Knicks when NBC finally switched back instead of heading to the other tv to watch what would tangentially become the beginning of the downfall of US culture known as the Kardashians.
Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I had a meeting with my guidance counselor after lunch
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I was sitting in a tattoo parlor in Seattle...'Slave to the Needle' waiting for my friend to get his tattoo done. My bestie (at the time) was with us too. I remember all the tattoo guys laughing at the 'low speed Bronco chase'.
    Another guy came in and was talking to me and my friend and showed us the tattoo he was thinking about getting on his rib cage, wanted to know if we thought his new design was cool...he had 'The cat in the Hat' tattooed on his other rib cage. I know I told him, "don't get your girlfriend's name tattooed, otherwise you'll just jinx your relationship and break-up"
    Some older hippie lady came in too...she wanted a pot leaf intertwined with a peace sign tattooed on her ginormous boob...I was elected to attempt to draw it for her-back then all most people got was flash, not many tattoo people were 'artists'.
    We went to Beth's cafe after that.

How's that for a memory?!!?!?!?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I was 11, at home watching TV with my uncle....in Houston, TX, so of course, we were watching the Knicks/Rockets, and switching back and forth between that and the infamous chase....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • wow! 20 years!! i was 15 getting ready for the knicks/rockets game also!! it just seemed so surreal. people looked like they were cheering for him or doing anything just to get on t.v.!
    san antonio tx 2003
    austin tx 2009
    EV san antonio tx 2011
    dallas tx 2013
    austin tx 2014
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY said:

I'm pretty impressed :)

I just remember shaking my head at the dipshits who lined the freeway cheering on that murdering fucker.

Edson - happy anniversary (of sorts) to you and your wife!

• EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

I'm pretty impressed :)

I just remember shaking my head at the dipshits who lined the freeway cheering on that murdering fucker.

Edson - happy anniversary (of sorts) to you and your wife!

Thanks. Turned out to be a pretty weird night to have a house party. There were like 40 people packed into my room watching a 13" Black & White tv with the OJ thing while like 5 of us were in the main room watching the bigger tv with the Knicks. My housemates and our guests were pretty good sports about it.

I was also on crutches b/c I had hurt my knee playing soccer the Sunday before.

Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.