How do you play your records?

A. Grab the tone arm by the ear (finger-grip) and drop it?

B. Or use the lever... position the tone arm at the start and lower it down gently till it groove pulls it in?

I prefer to use option B because it's a safe option. Back in the day my relatives and friends wanted to borrow my records and I asked them how they played their records. When I hear option A being mentioned in some of the responses... my answer is no and you cannot borrow my records... Oh the guilt trip shit they pull on me is hilarious and never worked as far I was concerned.... besides my records are my best friends that are still with me to this day :D

I am asking this question now b/c I pulled out an LP earlier and reminded me of the crap I went through with people when they wanted to borrow it. Please Discuss :)

Comments

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Second option is the best way not to scratch it and the way i've always done it when we had ours, I miss our old record player, it was old style huge thing with Lions heads on either side it was made of wood, I wish we never ditched it
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Second option for sure....I don't actually have a record player anymore either, but when I did that was how I played them, even as a kid I was oh so careful not to scratch...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!