My childhood officially died today....

I don't know how many of you are my age and grew up with this movie...but if you're in your late 20's early 30's you probably grew up with Drop Dead Fred....it was my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE movie as a child, I loved Fred so much, I watched that movie over and over, so many times I wore out 3 VHS tapes...I adored Fred so much, that I still watch the movie to this day with my daughter, and I will continue with any other children I have, and in fact plan to introduce it to my nieces when they are old enough....but I digress....Rik Mayall, the actor who played my beloved Fred has passed away at the young age of 56...it's not known why yet, but not believed to be suspicious...

here is an article about it: news.sky.com/story/1278803/rik-mayall-comedian-and-actor-dies-aged-56

I was deeply saddened by this news.... RIP Rik Mayall. May you live on forever in the hearts of all the children who loved Fred!
Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
Tattooed Dissident!

Comments

• London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    Funny stuff with Rik Mayall

youtu.be/YOAz4nPNvLI
    youtu.be/Mm6VLr1LIuY
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Good stuff, good stuff, he was a funny man! Thanks for sharing! :-)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PingfahPingfah Posts: 350
    I didn't grow up with Drop Dead Fred, I was already 16 by then, although I have seen it. I grew up with RIk though, The Young Ones, The New Statesman, Lord Flasheart from Blackadder and so many more fantastic roles.

I watched Bottom so many times when I was a teenager that I could virtually recite it. Anybody who is a fan of Drop Dead Fred should check out all his other work. The guy was a certifiable genius. One of the greatest British comics of all time, an absolute master of both physical slapstick humour, and a brilliant character player as well.

I will miss him.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    The young ones
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,661
    MayDay10 said:

The young ones

Loved that show.

56 is ridiculously way too young.

RIP.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    so sad, RIP Rik
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    "This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say, 'But why are the kids crying?' And the kids will say, 'Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!'"
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,661
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I absolutely loved The Young Ones. It's so sad that he is no longer among us. RIP.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    sorry for your loss

i've never heard of rik mayall so i dialed up 'drop dead fred'
    i think i heard of that movie but never saw it
    looks like it could be humorous
    there are 142,000 actresses, actors & movies i've never heard of or saw
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight