Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• BSullyBSully Posts: 1,177
    would be cool if they had the new song up for streaming for members only before it actually drops. 
    Ooooh, nice idea.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    BSully said:
    would be cool if they had the new song up for streaming for members only before it actually drops. 
    Ooooh, nice idea.
    This would actually be a decent way to add to memberships. Esp before a tour announcement. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 384
    Vedd Hedd said:
    BSully said:
    Ooooh, nice idea.
    This would actually be a decent way to add to memberships. Esp before a tour announcement. 
    Maybe. But if you’re not 10c already then you’re probably cool w waiting another few days to hear new music. I can’t see this actually incentivizing non members to sign up. Would have to be packaged with something else. 
    dwjmu84 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    BSully said:
    Ooooh, nice idea.
    Maybe. But if you’re not 10c already then you’re probably cool w waiting another few days to hear new music. I can’t see this actually incentivizing non members to sign up. Would have to be packaged with something else. 
    Agreed, but I know several people who have let their memberships lapse, and are still fans.  They dont renew either because the vinyl single was discontinued or because they dont tour every year.  If they could hear the single early "and by the way we are announcing tour dates soon so get those memberships in before the deadline" etc...would drum up more interest. I know some people who join to try for GA only, and if they dont get it, they at least get a bootleg and shirt in that given year. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,853
    You have to buy shirt now. Blahhhhhh
  • PinoyPJPinoyPJ Posts: 280
    any email yet? lol
    ride amongst the waves...
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,595
    edited February 10
    PinoyPJ said:
    any email yet? lol
    It's not even 5am here... 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 891
    I think I went to bed last night around the equivalent of an hour from now and saw the tease. So maybe in 90 minutes or so? (In Malaysia hence the weird bedtime)
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Vedd Hedd said:
    BSully said:
    Ooooh, nice idea.
    there is literally no way they could prevent this from leaking prior to Tuesday, unless they have invented a new form of technology.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PinoyPJPinoyPJ Posts: 280
    PinoyPJ said:
    any email yet? lol
    It's not even 5am here... 
    it's 10am somewhere! lol... gonna be home soon from night shift, gonna miss this email.... zzzz
    ride amongst the waves...
    PB11041 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    BSully said:
    Ooooh, nice idea.
    there is literally no way they could prevent this from leaking prior to Tuesday, unless they have invented a new form of technology.
    Agreed. That would create more buzz though. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,106
    Mail should arrive in about 2:47 hours
    Hate to say it, but I think this is another run of the mill newsletter. I hope people aren't getting their hopes too high.

We got our tease yesterday, so things will probably be quiet until early next week.  All signs point to Tuesday being a big day.

Would love to be wrong on this though!
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,106
    dwjmu84 said:
    Hate to say it, but I think this is another run of the mill newsletter. I hope people aren't getting their hopes too high.

We got our tease yesterday, so things will probably be quiet until early next week.  All signs point to Tuesday being a big day.

What signs point to Tuesday?
    KM73780 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

I don't mean this in a snarky way, but a good survey of the top threads here will key you into why.  
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 442
    What do you mean???
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 720
    setlist41 said:
    What do you mean???
    The long-rumored tour announcement date is Tuesday 2/13. It’s also rumored to be the album announcement and first single. I keep saying rumored because nothing is official because it’s announced but let’s just say a lot of people would would be stunned if there’s no news. And they teased a new album on social media yesterday 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,107
    For the newsletter I'm considering anything beyond a hint or wink a bonus
    pjl44 said:
    For the newsletter I'm considering anything beyond a hint or wink a bonus
    I think it will be the typical, boiler plate stuff, with a strongly worded "make sure you memberships are current". Having said that, some easter eggs buried within would be cool. 
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,106
    dwjmu84 said:
    KM73780 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

I don't mean this in a snarky way, but a good survey of the top threads here will key you into why.  
    Yeah it’s just funny that you say “all signs” when I’m pretty sure those signs are like “someone started a rumor in a thread here”
    KM73780 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    KM73780 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

Yeah it’s just funny that you say “all signs” when I’m pretty sure those signs are like “someone started a rumor in a thread here”
    Granted there aren't many signs, but the few there are point to Tuesday.  Philly's rock radio station screen grabbed the "Soon" tweet/insta post yesterday and implied listeners should be tuning in at midnight Monday (indicating a tues 2/13 release of the single).
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 720
    KM73780 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    KM73780 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

There’s a difference between “someone started a rumor in a thread” and “someone who knows the correct answer posted it in a thread”. The trick is knowing which is which.
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,106
    I think the max we get in the newsletter is something like : stay tuned or something like that and then the same teaser they put on Instagram yesterday 
    The newsletter will have Dark Matter branding, and possibly the name of the single, I'm guessing.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    Only because this just happened this week, but Kacey Musgraves announced her album after the Grammys, but didn’t release the single or album cover until this past Thursday.  Not saying this will be the same at all, but there’s always that possibility.  
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,379
    It would hilarious, if they basically ignore or only put a small tease about the album/single, in the fan club newsletter, three days before a rumored announcement.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    RP112579 said:
    It would hilarious, if they basically ignore or only put a small tease about the album/single, in the fan club newsletter, three days before a rumored announcement.
    Why?

For reference, Gigaton was announced (along with NA tour dates) in Jan 13th - a Monday. 
  • IlianDL7IlianDL7 Posts: 23
    At what time does the newsletter normally drop? 18:30 is the time here now in Belgium..
    Werchter '14
    Werchter '18
    Werchter '22
    Budapest '22
    Amsterdam N2 '22
  • bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 144
    Maybe a RSD announcement?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,862
    IlianDL7 said:
    At what time does the newsletter normally drop? 18:30 is the time here now in Belgium..

1pm EST. So 25 minutes to go.