Options

Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    This all reminds me of Kid A from Radiohead for some reason 
    I get a Year Zero vibe. I loved that AR aspect for the lead up to it.

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,800
    Christ people, its meant to be fun. 

Right?!?  I dont understand the immediate negativity of people sometimes
    I was initially frustrated at my own technology ineptitude, but I think it's awesome! 

Christ people, its meant to be fun. 

Right?!?  I dont understand the immediate negativity of people sometimes
    I was initially frustrated at my own technology ineptitude, but I think it's awesome! 
    Great way to tease a new album.   I like it 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I got that vibe too. At least from what people are speculating to be the album cover. It's a similar vibe to the Kid A artwork. 
    Maybe PJ is doing an electronic album??? 
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    edited January 2020
    At least we all know now that forthcoming means 2 years.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    Steadyd84 said:
    seriously, all the complaining and whining... we're all here for the same reason, because we love this band and want to see what they're gonna do next.

Maybe just relax and enjoy it?
    YES
    Or don't enjoy it.  What's the problem if I (or anyone else) aren't at all moved by a stupid global marketing scheme?  Just make a damn announcement for Christ's sake instead of dragging everyone on.
    Not a problem. I guess I just find it weird that some people’s first reaction is negativity over excitement. To each their own...

• Options
    I got that vibe too. At least from what people are speculating to be the album cover. It's a similar vibe to the Kid A artwork. 
    Maybe PJ is doing an electronic album??? 
    Hey I said it kind of looks like Kid A. It's probably not going to sound like it. But ya never know....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Stoked. 
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    Steadyd84 said:
    seriously, all the complaining and whining... we're all here for the same reason, because we love this band and want to see what they're gonna do next.

YES
    Or don't enjoy it.  What's the problem if I (or anyone else) aren't at all moved by a stupid global marketing scheme?  Just make a damn announcement for Christ's sake instead of dragging everyone on.
    Because Friday announcements get buried by the weekend. Announcing it on a Monday-Thursday gives maximum exposure. Which, if rumors are true, they are gonna do next week. 

Its fine if this isn't for everyone, but them wanting to have some fun and create a mystery isn't awful like many have said. complaining about how they are doing this also doesn't help to shake the "entitled fanbase" vibe that the PJ fanbase occasionally gives off. 

• Options
    BH1657BH1657 Nashville, TN Posts: 6
    Steadyd84 said:

YES
    So, those that do enjoy it should do what? I think you have it backwards. That's the problem. If it didn't exist, those that did enjoy it wouldn't have the opportunity to do so. Those that are bothered by such tactics could simply ignore it instead of bitching. No one is harmed by the existence of this "scavenger hunt". Sorry your very sensitive marketing sensibilities are offended.
    1. Memphis, Tennessee (March 25, 1994)
    2. New Orleans, Louisiana (September 17, 1995)
    3. Charlotte, North Carolina (October 04, 1996)
    4. Charleston, South Carolina (October 05, 1996)
    5. Knoxville, Tennessee (September 06, 1998)
    6. Nashville, Tennessee (August 17, 2000)
    7. Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003)
    8. Atlanta, Georgia (April 19, 2003)
    9. East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011)
    10. Alpine Valley Music Theatre (September 04, 2011)
    11. Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013)
    12. Memphis, TN (October 14, 2014)
    13. Ottawa (May 08, 2016)
    14. Boston Night 2 (September 04, 2018)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING. just let everyone have their opinion and their right to express it and be done with it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Was there a news letter or just the map with the Pearl Jam Heartbeats?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    Was there a news letter or just the map with the Pearl Jam Heartbeats?
    that was the newsletter, yes. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JT_JamFanJT_JamFan Posts: 170
    edited January 2020

Escape is never the safest path....

Atlanta 9.1.98
    Dallas 11.15.13
    Ft. Worth 9.15.23
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    It says so on the the artwork at the locations.
    It also flashes up in the search bar on my phone when you click on the instagram lens and says the Gigoton lens or something.
  • Options
    so does all these together amount to something or what?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    Zod said:
    i don't think people using the "boomer" phrase have any clue how old boomers actually are. 
    To be fair I don't think Boomers know how old Millennial are.  It's just standard griping on both ends about generations younger/older.   The good news is no one remembers Gen X :)
    And, half of Boomers don’t even know how old they are anymore either.
  • Options
    so does all these together amount to something or what?
    Yes. Album confirmed. 
  • Options
    STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING. just let everyone have their opinion and their right to express it and be done with it. 
    Agree, its all opinion. On one hand I can see it might be a bit of fun. If you enjoy this sort of thing and know how it works then thats cool.

I can also relate to the people who just want to know about the record more directly.

Im getting old and can make fun of myself at the fact I cant keep up with the Technology that enables stuff like this.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    Filter didn't work for me
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Filter didn't work for me
    Yeah. Not for me either but there are some videos out there that show the effect.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,974
    I thought these locations represented where in the world Agnes was thought to be. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    Not allowed. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    A little sad there is no Newsletter: January, 10, 2020 :( 

• Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    That was totally intense. How do they get everyone's attention? That is how! Holy shit! Well done P.J. marketing, you just blew up the internet. 10/10.
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    That was totally intense. How do they get everyone's attention? That is how! Holy shit! Well done P.J. marketing, you just blew up the internet. 10/10.
    +Gigaton
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 779
    This has got me stoked!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    did they?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "bitching is an art,all wants heir own painting"
    Dimitrispearljam,March 2010
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    why now you don't stop painting the bitching? ?!?!?!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    KL119975KL119975 Charleston, WV Posts: 125
    At least somebody won something there.  But the resulting season was disappointing to a lot of fans.  Draw your own conclusions.....