Options

Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I don't know how guys are so excited for Wrigley boots when there are about 100 boots over the last few years from the same tour. 
    How many times does this need to be said?

PEOPLE LIKE TO LISTEN TO THE SHOWS THEY ATTENDED!

I personally had the time of my freakin life at the Wrigley shows last year and I'd like to experience that vibe again. When you get to listen to the shows you attended, you remember being there. You remember interactions with fans around you. You recall the little nuances that listening to some other show just doesn't give. You experience it all over like you're there again.

Why do people feel the need to question or patronize why someone wants a bootleg of a show they attended? This whole "just make a playlist of live songs from other boots" and "just listen to another show" is not only stupid, it's arrogant. Every other show from last year's tour, including the festivals and Fenway, got bootlegs right away. We even got Third Man Records. But still no Wrigley. Excuse me (and the thousands of others) for wanting them!
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,352
    Sorry for being excited about wanting to listen to the bootlegs of the shows I went to, you guys. I guess I'll go and listen to Portland or something.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    If it takes the form of the rest of the 2017 newsletters....
    Mystery sticker sale

Something I thought about... this is probably the last newsletter that the "Lets play two - summer 2017" would apply to.  I don't really consider something released in August to be a summer release.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,382
    I would love a mystery sticker sale. I would also love an EV euro mystery poster sale. 

More than anything, I just want something fresh and new to be excited about buying. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    Vault seven please. Tour dates are a Hail Mary.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,298
    MedozK said:
    I would much rather have classic (92-96) shows, than anything recent.
    Yep
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,996
    I don't know how guys are so excited for Wrigley boots when there are about 100 boots over the last few years from the same tour. 

I personally had the time of my freakin life at the Wrigley shows last year and I'd like to experience that vibe again. When you get to listen to the shows you attended, you remember being there. You remember interactions with fans around you. You recall the little nuances that listening to some other show just doesn't give. You experience it all over like you're there again.

Why do people feel the need to question or patronize why someone wants a bootleg of a show they attended? This whole "just make a playlist of live songs from other boots" and "just listen to another show" is not only stupid, it's arrogant. Every other show from last year's tour, including the festivals and Fenway, got bootlegs right away. We even got Third Man Records. But still no Wrigley. Excuse me (and the thousands of others) for wanting them!
    Well said.

And I'll add, I'm crossing my fingers that some kind of box set or something comes out for Wrigley and that maybe just maybe they'll include the 2013 show as well. That Wrigley 2013 show was my first PJ show. I've been a fan since Ten, but never made it to a show until Wrigley. You can see what it did to me, because Wrigley 1 and 2 in 2016 were my 7th and 8th PJ shows :)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

They owe up some PJ20 boots before any of this Wrigley fever! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,999
    Mystery zippo sale. 

Or

Something released 9am aus eastern standard time in the quantity of 13 and i got 1.... like a pj AFL jumper....lol
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    How bout Wrigley 2013  =)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378

They owe up some PJ20 boots before any of this Wrigley fever! 
    Bingo!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,298
    I'm not expecting the Wrigley 2016 bootlegs to be announced
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    I'm thinking if there is some sort of Wrigley/Fenway boxset, there may not be a Vault release this year.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Unless its a bluray i want the vault more than any Wrigley release

i'll take either one tho!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    just hoping fro the Wrigley bootlegs, and a box to put them all in
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    realistic news: stone side project, jeff building more skate parks, insert random band that mike signed on his record label, ed solo tickets still on sale for festivals.  contest:  win the complete set of ed solo posters from this past tour.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    We soon know if the vault series will continue or not. 
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Mystery poster sale
  • Options
    I'm done with the mystery sale!!! I want some music please
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    edited July 2017

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    PJNB said:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

1 PM
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    edited July 2017
    Another money saving newsletter perhaps?
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,929
    The good thing about having old shows as Vaults is, they could fit the entire concert. 

How many LPs would a e.g. 2016 show be?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,906
    I would guess 4
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Should we be doubtful for any significant news (i.e, Wrigley boots, next vault, ...) since it's the summer time? 

Hope not.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    Wrigley, tour announcements, or a decent new hat. That's all I'm interested in.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    More bouncy balls & dog collars, please!

:get_outta_here:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved