Options

Bonnaroo Boot..

DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
What is taking so long for this show to be released? Every other one has...whats so special about this one? I wanna refund.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    They may be holding back because they received a massive amount of orders and have to get ready. Or it's possible that they mutli-tracked this show and they're doing some tweaking. Who knows?

I do know this: the 2008 boots released so far don't sound as good as past boots because the stereo image has been folded-in, and the sound is bassy and over-mastered. You have to turn down the volume to prevent the sound from breaking apart.
  • Options
    W.M.A.137W.M.A.137 Chicago Posts: 6
    Maybe Roo truly was the greatest Pearl Jam concert of all time and they're making sure that the boot reflects such!
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    POSSIBLY .. don't know if this is true or not, but the date this boot becomes available is exactly one month after Roo, so it may be some sort of contractual obligation thingy ... either way I can't wait to download it!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    blkhwk21blkhwk21 Posts: 18
    W.M.A.137 wrote:
    Maybe Roo truly was the greatest Pearl Jam concert of all time and they're making sure that the boot reflects such!

Great Post!! Agreed, Ill wait a year for this boot, most definitely one of the best shows PJ has ever put on!! I know that has been overstated, but if you were there - you know!!
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    JWBusher wrote:
    They may be holding back because they received a massive amount of orders and have to get ready. Or it's possible that they mutli-tracked this show and they're doing some tweaking. Who knows?

I do know this: the 2008 boots released so far don't sound as good as past boots because the stereo image has been folded-in, and the sound is bassy and over-mastered. You have to turn down the volume to prevent the sound from breaking apart.

Brett hasn't been doing the mixing for the 2008 boots. I think he's on tour w/ R.E.M. right now. Barrett Jones (Nirvana/Foo Fighters) has been handling the mixing duties.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    godpt3 wrote:
    Brett hasn't been doing the mixing for the 2008 boots. I think he's on tour w/ R.E.M. right now. Barrett Jones (Nirvana/Foo Fighters) has been handling the mixing duties.

I know, I just found out about that. I don't like the changes he's made.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    yeh wtf is going on with this boot!
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    DEEP wrote:
    What is taking so long for this show to be released? Every other one has...whats so special about this one? I wanna refund.

No shit!! I was just coming in here to start a pissed off thread about where the fuck is the Bonnaroo boot!
    Seriously if I had known it would take this long I would have just B&P'd it with someone who was there.

Yes. I'm whining & complaining about something I'll be happy to have once I get it.
    Just had to vent.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Maybe someone forgot to press the REC button and now they don't know how to break the news to us.......
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    fuckin taper
  • Options
    SuzieMSuzieM Posts: 113
    Maybe someone forgot to press the REC button and now they don't know how to break the news to us.......

Oh gawd. What an awful thought! Please noooo!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Im kinda upset I ordered the download. I would much rather have the CD. Oh well, atleast i'll get to hear it before most of you hehe.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    even though I wasn't there... I'd still like to hear the boot :/
    "Don't go BP Amoco!"
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    W.M.A.137 wrote:
    or your a completely stupid 1 post idiot........ either way
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

wow. that was a bit fuckin' harsh !

i'd say that that was uncalled for.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    what the hell???
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    spearhead wrote:
    POSSIBLY .. don't know if this is true or not, but the date this boot becomes available is exactly one month after Roo, so it may be some sort of contractual obligation thingy ... either way I can't wait to download it!!

I was wondering that as well, since this was a festival perhaps there are some legal considerations that have to be worked out. I can't imagine, as good as that show was, that it would take this long to put the boot together!!
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

hehehe, calm down mate....must be a kid that just found out about PJ...
    Guess it'll take a couple of months to get it here in Australia...
    I can wait.
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!