Options

Leeds

Comments

• Options
    got my leeds ticket today too,gonna get to reading hopefully but one show will be more than enough for me,ill die a very happy man indeed after leeds......ill see you all there,ill be the one with funny hair sporting a very shiny liverpool top and a stickman on my leg..........
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    got my leeds ticket yesterday,, missed it first time so rung them and delivered it 2 days later :D

dont know how i'm getting back after the show (i have a day ticket). a bit of a problem i suppose hehe.
    I see the birds in the rain...

i know and i would not ever touch you, hold you, feel you ever... oh, never again
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First ever show-Leeds Festival 25th Aug 2006.
  • Options
    have my leeds tix, quite excited now. however, due to me goin 2dublin-wooo, im not able 2get 2leeds until (very) late thurs night/early fri morning so if u see someone struggling 2erect a tent, please give me a hand.

oh, i checked out the 'leeds fest. forum', although it mainly consists of 'muse the snooze' kaiser duffs and antartic monkeys, there was some interesting stuff. apparenty there may be a barrier system in place at leeds this year; mainly due to the larger crowd size. this will suck. as a consequence we have 2ensure that only pj fans are at the front for pj. whose with me??

9days until dublin-woooooooo
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • Options
    I want to be there!!!!

My dad thought that I was nuts when I ask him that I wanted to go, god I need to start working I really need my own money

Hope you all have I great time, I know you will!! :D
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • Options
    got my leeds ticket yesterday,, missed it first time so rung them and delivered it 2 days later :D

dont know how i'm getting back after the show (i have a day ticket). a bit of a problem i suppose hehe.

where do you live? go into your local national express store ( should be in the high steet or town centre where you live, also might be inside another bus office.) and ask for a coach from where you live to leeds. i got one from middlesbrough to leeds for £17 return, i get there for friday morning and get back on sat afternoon.

whats the diffrence with a barrier system?? last year i know it was a large semi-circle barrier about 10 - 15 meters from the stage.
    1) Leeds festival - 25/08/2006
    2) wembely london - 18/06/2007
  • Options
    a barrier system means that the actual crowd is divided up. kinda like a golden circle. its fine if you are in the section nearest the band, but if not it blows....i think the 'security' adopt a 'one in one out' format for entry into the better area.
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    What time are all the day trippers getting there. I was thinking mid-afternoon as all the weekenders will be setting up in the morning.
    What dya think?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    the barrier doesnt sound too bad, im gonna go que to get in the front section while bullet for my valentine are on lol (wont be missing much in the que then :P) and hopeflly get in by slayer and make my way to the centre front by pj. im a bit worried i might need a piss really bad, but im not loosing my space at the front, ill just piss over the front barrier lol. i probs piss loads before i go line up.

im getting a coach to leeds and then a taxi to the festival so ill be arriving at about 12.30pm.

is any other friday people staying overnight? everyone whos going just for friday should come to the camp site (yellow i think it is) where u dont need a weekend ticket to get out of the next day. thats where i will be going with some friends to have a pre-jam party all night. so eveyone should come stay there with us. :D

i cant wait. only just over a week.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Got mine on Mon.....Jennytree they sent mine to ireland eventually :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    I'm going to Leeds for the Friday only - i really cannot wait now!!! Got the tickets on Saturday! We will be driving and parking in one of the fields. Does anyone know if u have to walk from these fields to the site, or if there are shuttle buses?
  • Options
    got my reading ticket today. leeds one came a few days ago. :)

panic over.

also looks like i'm going to dublin now too :D
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    daz hdaz h Posts: 5
    got my tickets! Talking to people who have been before, driving to the site is a ball ache, I'm staying in Leeds and getting the bus in, see you all there!
  • Options
    foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    I'm going - got my tix on Saturday!

Boyf is more excited about Salyer and Mastodon though - Jesus!

xxx
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Options
    foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    daz h wrote:
    got my tickets! Talking to people who have been before, driving to the site is a ball ache, I'm staying in Leeds and getting the bus in, see you all there!

Na, we've done it loads and it ain;t so bad (she says with fingers crossed!) you've gotta expect a bit of traffic!

xxxx
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Options
    I sahll be there from Wednesday morning and staying all weekend till Monday afternoon, willing to meet up for a few drinks anytime between then when I am not working.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Irish Al wrote:
    Got mine on Mon.....Jennytree they sent mine to ireland eventually :D

Did you ask them to send it to you or did it just arrive?

I don't mind having to pick the ticket up, the mail says that the box office opens at 12, so that gives me plenty of time to get from the airport, and collect the ticket and fight my way into the pit before they come one! I'm so gald they're headlining, I'd be in such a panic if I had to get there by 5 or something.... hate relying on Ryanair, esp. now with all the disruptions cos they are dodgy enough already!

Hopefully I might get the train to London early Sat morn, and wander around aimlessly for the weekend... unless there's any good spots to go to in Leeds. I tried looking it up, but it doesn't seem to exciting!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Did you ask them to send it to you or did it just arrive?

I don't mind having to pick the ticket up, the mail says that the box office opens at 12, so that gives me plenty of time to get from the airport, and collect the ticket and fight my way into the pit before they come one! I'm so gald they're headlining, I'd be in such a panic if I had to get there by 5 or something.... hate relying on Ryanair, esp. now with all the disruptions cos they are dodgy enough already!

Hopefully I might get the train to London early Sat morn, and wander around aimlessly for the weekend... unless there's any good spots to go to in Leeds. I tried looking it up, but it doesn't seem to exciting!

No they emailed me to say that the promoters said that there was no pick up point for tix and so they sent the out....you'd better get on to them quickly :eek:

Leeds is a great city....used to live there and the craic is superb :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    No they emailed me to say that the promoters said that there was no pick up point for tix and so they sent the out....you'd better get on to them quickly :eek:

Leeds is a great city....used to live there and the craic is superb :D

Ah shite... they better get a move on... tis only a week away!

Any particular places you'd recommend to visit in Leeds?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ah shite... they better get a move on... tis only a week away!

Any particular places you'd recommend to visit in Leeds?

Well its been a few years since I've been there but the corn market was good for scoops and shops but generally the centre has a bit of craic :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Well its been a few years since I've been there but the corn market was good for scoops and shops but generally the centre has a bit of craic :D

yeah the corn 'exchange' is real good, good shops, leeds centre is fantastic, some good pearl jam goodies can be found at exchange records on merrion street.

ps, if any of you guys come to my tesco store (which thousands of you will) and see a tall moody looking bloke who looks like the store manager tell him to cheer up cos he makes our life a hell!

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    How difficult do you think it will be to get near the front for when Pearl Jam are on?!!
  • Options
    How difficult do you think it will be to get near the front for when Pearl Jam are on?!!

hopefully not to bad, if u get in line for the front secton early on, will have to be stood up for a long time but it be worth it.
  • Options
    hopefully not to bad, if u get in line for the front secton early on, will have to be stood up for a long time but it be worth it.

How early on do u reckon then? Whats the front section anyway? I have been to Reading before and there was no front section.
  • Options
    How early on do u reckon then? Whats the front section anyway? I have been to Reading before and there was no front section.

There's a secondary barrier this year to seperate the front part of the crowd from everyone else. I think it's a first come first in and one out one in policy.

http://www.leedsfestival.com/displayPage.asp?ArticleID=3310&URLID=67

Got Leeds tickets this morning, can't wait!
  • Options
    http://www.meanfiddler.com/displayPage_leeds.asp?ArticleID=740&URLID=66

Hope they'll get to play for the full hour and fifty.
  • Options
    i took a drive past the site today, the stage is already up, got me all excited!, went down the road ed&co will go down, i'm only 10 mins fro the show, ....nice

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    Mr PyjamaMr Pyjama Posts: 253
    aaaah :( the barrier idea sounds really irritating.

I went last year, and was able to watch any band at any stage, and then get to within 10 feet of the front when i wanted to see a band on a main stage. i can't see that being possible, because some people will just stay in there all day. Grr, i deserve to be at the front watching PJ more than most of the people there...dammit.

I'm joking, but secretly i'm hurt, haha. :)
    Situations get fucked up and turned around sooner or later...
  • Options
    Mr Pyjama wrote:
    aaaah :( the barrier idea sounds really irritating.

I went last year, and was able to watch any band at any stage, and then get to within 10 feet of the front when i wanted to see a band on a main stage. i can't see that being possible, because some people will just stay in there all day. Grr, i deserve to be at the front watching PJ more than most of the people there...dammit.

I'm joking, but secretly i'm hurt, haha. :)

You'd be surprised when the crowd would disappear... like in Austria it packed up for The Bloodhound Gang and everyone left before Tool came on... mystified me I tells ye! Just make sure you're in there well before Placebo start!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    3 days :D i cant wait wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    3 days :D i cant wait wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I second that, wooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.