Options

Ten Club and 2014 Tour

camodeocamodeo Posts: 5
I'm glad I'm not the only fan club member who feels robbed by the new ticketing process. I've been a member for 20 years and have always been given the opportunity to buy tickets in advance of the public sale. This will be the first time I'll not be able to see Pearl Jam in Detroit and I'm shocked beyond belief. I always thought the PJ fan club was different. That they truly appreciated their life long fans. Clearly this has changed. I feel like an employee who has dedicated 20 years of service to their company only to be fired without a care in the world. Can someone in the fan club please explain why the process was changed? While I'm happy the band wants to treat all fans equally I would still think those of us who have paid dues for many many years get certain rights. What are the restrictions on how many tickets you are allowed to reserve for fan club members? Specifically in Detroit as you chose a smaller venue this time around. Why couldn't you offer more tickets to fan club members when there is clearly a need?? This is just so sad as I was looking forward to the concert in October. It's been too long...
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    if you want to go that bad there are ways. Ticket master, stub hub, etc. Last I looked Moline is the only one close to sold out.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    There are still tickets available on ticketmaster.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    Well in the day and age of business I am guessing PJ is only allowed to reserve a certain number of seats due to contractual agreements. I also never read anything about the 10C guaranteeing tickets to members, only offering the chance at 10C tickets. Somebody has to miss out and unfortunately you were one of the people. I joined recently because I thought the forums looked like an awesome place and community and the chance at tickets was also a plus, but now this place seems to have changed into a bunch of whiners overnight. I was able to get tickets this morning on Ticketmaster for my parents as well with no problem except a 7 minute wait, lower level. Grow up...
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    10c can only get a percentage of tickets for each gig. Round about 10% I believe. Live Nation/Ticketmaster control the venues and 10c negotiate to get some fan club tickets. We're lucky that they are able to get any, the promoters are under no obligation to set aside tickets for the fan club. There is also the simple fact of supply and demand. Not everyone can get a ticket.

Whether you have been a member of the fanclub for 20 years or 1 year it makes no difference in trying to obtain a ticket, senority only comes into place once tickets have been purchased for seating tickets from the fan club.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    camodeo said:

I'm glad I'm not the only fan club member who feels robbed by the new ticketing process. I've been a member for 20 years and have always been given the opportunity to buy tickets in advance of the public sale. This will be the first time I'll not be able to see Pearl Jam in Detroit and I'm shocked beyond belief. I always thought the PJ fan club was different. That they truly appreciated their life long fans. Clearly this has changed. I feel like an employee who has dedicated 20 years of service to their company only to be fired without a care in the world. Can someone in the fan club please explain why the process was changed? While I'm happy the band wants to treat all fans equally I would still think those of us who have paid dues for many many years get certain rights. What are the restrictions on how many tickets you are allowed to reserve for fan club members? Specifically in Detroit as you chose a smaller venue this time around. Why couldn't you offer more tickets to fan club members when there is clearly a need?? This is just so sad as I was looking forward to the concert in October. It's been too long...

Is there some confusion about the Ticketing policy that everyone in the Fan Club had to click before entering the raffle?

* Pre-sale tickets are limited. Ten Club does not guarantee tickets for all eligible members regardless of seniority.

...it's pretty cut & dry...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234
    camodeo said:

You were given the opportunity to buy tickets in advance. You just weren't chosen.

• Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    Once, again, fan club members have never been guaranteed tickets. Seniority only gave you the best seats if you got through. Still works that way. Why the lottery? I suppose because there are way more fan club members than there were 10-15 years ago. They've done something different for ticketing every 2-3 years it seems, so change isn't a new concept.
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016
    Smaller venue? Joe Louis Arena seats over 20,000 people.

There was a lot of whining and crying both here and on Facebook Wednesday about getting shut of of tickets before the public on sale even started, and now people are complaining because the tickets available aren't good enough for them. There are still tickets, in pairs, available for Detroit. Pearl Jam fans are the worst sometimes.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Ryan said:

There was a lot of whining and crying both here and on Facebook Wednesday about getting shut of of tickets before the public on sale even started, and now people are complaining because the tickets available aren't good enough for them. There are still tickets, in pairs, available for Detroit. Pearl Jam fans are the worst sometimes.

To OP. Just pulled 2 in sec 218A. Go and get them if you want to go that bad.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    The process has changed. We've never had to be placed in a lottery. Seniority mattered from the get-go and it doesn't anymore. I'm just curious why they changed the policy.
  • Options
    GS163319GS163319 Posts: 130
    Seniority does still matter. Some people don't read anything Ten Club sends or posts.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    camodeo said:

The process has changed. We've never had to be placed in a lottery. Seniority mattered from the get-go and it doesn't anymore. I'm just curious why they changed the policy.

math.

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,559
    Seniority helped you in the F5 days? I'll take the lottery over this site crashing any day.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    As a long time member, i honestly think the band wanted to add some excitement at the front. I had started to notice a lack of excitement from some fans up front. especially in the larger cities. i also lost both choices in the lottery, so i def feel your pain too. But i jumped on ticketbastard and got tix today for cincy.

Really tho, we probably will never know why they changed it. could be just for straight $ or it could be something else. i would like to think it's the latter.
    I think that they maybe could modify it a little to give senior members a slightly better chance. I only say this because of some of the outrageous prices i see on StubHub for GA tix.
    Come one... you know that there are people just signing up to "scalp" tickets under this new system.
    Overall tho, I'm not mad at the 10 club. They are doing the best they can.
    Go back and listen to the radio show they did right after PJ20 ticket debacle... those guys got ripped to shreds... they had to do something different.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    camodeo said:

Seniority never mattered in your ability to secure tickets. If you were a 10C member in 1991 and me in, say, 2003 when I joined, our chances of buying tickets were exactly the same. If we both got seats, your seats would be better. That's no different than today. The lottery just prevents us from having to hit refresh all day long.

That said, demand is HIGHER than it was when you joined the fan club. There are also fewer shows. So, it's going to be harder to get tickets no matter how the Ten Club distributes them.

It wouldn't be fair to only reserve tickets for those people who, for instance, have been in the fan club for 20 years compared to those who have been in it for 10. It's also bad business and would discourage people from joining the fan club.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,438
    Their shows are much more in demand. back in the 90's hardly anyone knew about the fan club. Now there are members that have numbers in the 500xxx's (maybe more?) Supply and demand. They cant just hand over tickets to the oldest members anymore.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    I wonder if the people that complain won and then other people complained if they would agree or disagree with the complaints
  • Options
    Jack RyanJack Ryan Posts: 24
    When the lottery was first announced last fall, I was a little annoyed now that I'm up to nearly 20 years a member. It worked out great, though. I'm very happy with the current system. I've sat in the front row before. I'm cool with someone else getting to have that opportunity.
    "It's really given way to, uh...nature...is what I've been thinking." Ed, SVT
  • Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but seniority does matter. It's gets you better reserved seats if you choose to go that route. Never in the history of the 10C has there been any advantage to seniority other than better seats. Being in the club itself gives everyone the opportunity to try and obtain tickets before the general public. Not to mention the vinyl, newsletters and exclusive merchandise that can not be purchased by non 10C members. In my opinion the membership cost is worth every penny and then some. My seniority gets me kick ass seats when I'm lucky enough to win them through the club.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Ryan said:

the.worst.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Yeah because of my higher number i dont even try for reserve
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    camodeo said:

Why couldn't you offer more tickets to fan club members when there is clearly a need??

How hard is it to realize that they are only able to secure so many fanclub tickets per show, and clearly in some cities demand far outweighs supply?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569

Any reserved seat offered by the 10c is pretty good. You may not be able to have the band sweat on you, but you'll have a great view.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    cmm6734 said:

Any reserved seat offered by the 10c is pretty good. You may not be able to have the band sweat on you, but you'll have a great view.
    i did alright in 2010 for newark and one of the msg shows but at philly night 1 in the fall i was the back of the floor and for short people just was really bad so im not sure i want to risk it again, but we did good on the ga this tour so cant complain
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    edited May 2014
    Please see my notes in bold.
    camodeo said:

I'm glad I'm not the only fan club member who feels robbed by the new ticketing process.
    There are others, but I'm not sure their opinions are worth much either. Robbed? Seriously? Did you own the ticketing process before it was ripped from your hands on this tour?

I've been a member for 20 years and have always been given the opportunity to buy tickets in advance of the public sale.
    You still did have the opportunity to buy tickets in advance. This time, the lottery was labelled as such - rather than being a hit-or-miss adventure of clicking F5 while you're waiting for the band's website to crash. Oh, or trusting the mailman with your money order for tickets.

This will be the first time I'll not be able to see Pearl Jam in Detroit and I'm shocked beyond belief. I always thought the PJ fan club was different. That they truly appreciated their life long fans. Clearly this has changed.
    Call me selfish, but I was born in '90. I discovered the band in 2005, and it is now a few years shy of half my life that I have loved, lived, and breathed this band. Seems to me this new method of ticket distribution is all about equitable treatment, with the recognition that you are NOT better than me for being born first.

I feel like an employee who has dedicated 20 years of service to their company only to be fired without a care in the world.
    Maybe you should contact the Better Business Bureau. Or write a review on ratemyemployer.com. Since, you know, you're an employee who's stood by your company through thick and thin. Oh, wait, you're a customer, and business practices change as businesses grow, customer bases become unmanageably large with the current practices, and the entire world of e-commerce is created and radically altered as your business grows.

Can someone in the fan club please explain why the process was changed? While I'm happy the band wants to treat all fans equally I would still think those of us who have paid dues for many many years get certain rights.
    You do have certain rights. For example, if your lottery entry won for reserved, you'd very likely be front row right next to Mike or Stone. Plus, you answered your first question with the first half of your second sentence.

What are the restrictions on how many tickets you are allowed to reserve for fan club members?
    Ticketmaster limits bands' fan clubs to 10% of a venue.

Specifically in Detroit as you chose a smaller venue this time around.
    20,000 is small for a venue? 10% of 20,000 is 2,000 tickets. That's the size of some small venues.

Why couldn't you offer more tickets to fan club members when there is clearly a need??
    Feel free to send a message to Ticketmaster. They will assuredly ignore it. If you think Pearl Jam and Ten Club haven't tried to fight for more tickets, you are likely wrong. They would get additional service fees (instead of Ticketmaster), they would be able to encourage more membership fees, and they would be able to give a greater degree of satisfaction to their customers.

This is just so sad as I was looking forward to the concert in October. It's been too long...
    This last sentence tells it all. Why did you rant? Because you didn't get what you wanted. Veruca Salt, I hope you never get your second pony.

Sincerely yours,

A guy who was always able to buy a Ten Club ticket when F5 was the way to go, and has yet to win the lottery, but feels it's a substantially better system.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    kristie73kristie73 Posts: 58
    I think your local city should count some for your chances with ten club tickets.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ^^ Amen!
    Post edited by iamloco724 on
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

As a long time member, i honestly think the band wanted to add some excitement at the front. I had started to notice a lack of excitement from some fans up front. especially in the larger cities. i also lost both choices in the lottery, so i def feel your pain too. But i jumped on ticketbastard and got tix today for cincy.

Really tho, we probably will never know why they changed it. could be just for straight $ or it could be something else. i would like to think it's the latter.
    I think that they maybe could modify it a little to give senior members a slightly better chance. I only say this because of some of the outrageous prices i see on StubHub for GA tix.
    Come one... you know that there are people just signing up to "scalp" tickets under this new system.
    Overall tho, I'm not mad at the 10 club. They are doing the best they can.
    Go back and listen to the radio show they did right after PJ20 ticket debacle... those guys got ripped to shreds... they had to do something different.

Agreed lolobugg about StubHub. It's crazy to see how much they are going for on Stubhub right now.
  • Options
    Wow...all these responses are great. Thanks for making the day entertaining. :)
  • Options
    benjs said:

Please see my notes in bold.

camodeo said:

I'm glad I'm not the only fan club member who feels robbed by the new ticketing process.
    There are others, but I'm not sure their opinions are worth much either. Robbed? Seriously? Did you own the ticketing process before it was ripped from your hands on this tour?

I've been a member for 20 years and have always been given the opportunity to buy tickets in advance of the public sale.
    You still did have the opportunity to buy tickets in advance. This time, the lottery was labelled as such - rather than being a hit-or-miss adventure of clicking F5 while you're waiting for the band's website to crash. Oh, or trusting the mailman with your money order for tickets.

This will be the first time I'll not be able to see Pearl Jam in Detroit and I'm shocked beyond belief. I always thought the PJ fan club was different. That they truly appreciated their life long fans. Clearly this has changed.
    Call me selfish, but I was born in '90. I discovered the band in 2005, and it is now a few years shy of half my life that I have loved, lived, and breathed this band. Seems to me this new method of ticket distribution is all about equitable treatment, with the recognition that you are NOT better than me for being born first.

I feel like an employee who has dedicated 20 years of service to their company only to be fired without a care in the world.
    Maybe you should contact the Better Business Bureau. Or write a review on ratemyemployer.com. Since, you know, you're an employee who's stood by your company through thick and thin. Oh, wait, you're a customer, and business practices change as businesses grow, customer bases become unmanageably large with the current practices, and the entire world of e-commerce is created and radically altered as your business grows.

Can someone in the fan club please explain why the process was changed? While I'm happy the band wants to treat all fans equally I would still think those of us who have paid dues for many many years get certain rights.
    You do have certain rights. For example, if your lottery entry won for reserved, you'd very likely be front row right next to Mike or Stone. Plus, you answered your first question with the first half of your second sentence.

What are the restrictions on how many tickets you are allowed to reserve for fan club members?
    Ticketmaster limits bands' fan clubs to 10% of a venue.

Specifically in Detroit as you chose a smaller venue this time around.
    20,000 is small for a venue? 10% of 20,000 is 2,000 tickets. That's the size of some small venues.

Feel free to send a message to Ticketmaster. They will assuredly ignore it. If you think Pearl Jam and Ten Club haven't tried to fight for more tickets, you are likely wrong. They would get additional service fees (instead of Ticketmaster), they would be able to encourage more membership fees, and they would be able to give a greater degree of satisfaction to their customers.

This is just so sad as I was looking forward to the concert in October. It's been too long...
    This last sentence tells it all. Why did you rant? Because you didn't get what you wanted. Veruca Salt, I hope you never get your second pony.

Sincerely yours,

A guy who was always able to buy a Ten Club ticket when F5 was the way to go, and has yet to win the lottery, but feels it's a substantially better system.
    classic B-)

First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV