Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    test your speed-let's compare

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

this is one of the better speed tests i've found. kinda fun, enjoy!

and here's my results:-

Download Speed: 82118 kbps (10264.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 1893 kbps (236.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=178880

i'm about 7 times faster than anyone else on that thread.... I must get tickets :D:D

OK.. I won't even put my results down (you're 6 times faster than me!). But this is very much a boys toy (a IT pissing contest really!)
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

this is one of the better speed tests i've found. kinda fun, enjoy!

i'm about 7 times faster than anyone else on that thread.... I must get tickets :D:D

In the words of Mike Tyson, before battering Larry Holmes, "I refuse to lose!"
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Dunk is getting competitive I see ;):D

:D:D

no, no... just getting nervous now... :eek:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557

feck!!

1863 & 1813...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:

feck!!

1863 & 1813...

I'm at work, so can't run the test as pc won't let me download it. If I was at home I'd have no probs as I've got 1.25gb memory. Still...we do battle at 6pm!!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    OK.. I won't even put my results down (you're 6 times faster than me!). But this is very much a boys toy (a IT pissing contest really!)

nice description there :) ... i'm not computer geeky about stuff like this... i actually have no idea if the higher the number means you get through to things like tickets and stuff any quicker... i realise it means i could download videos and songs very fast but getting entry to sites... i just dont know!!! :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm at work, so can't run the test as pc won't let me download it. If I was at home I'd have no probs as I've got 1.25gb memory. Still...we do battle at 6pm!!

its not memory its testing its internet connection speed... what connection do you have at work.. how many Mbps??
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    So who reckons the site will crash? ;):D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

its not memory its testing its internet connection speed... what connection do you have at work.. how many Mbps??

I didn't post that did I?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    I didn't post that did I?

nah... the quote things gone a bit mad.. sorted it though!!

and yes Dr Gstring... the site will definitely crash :eek:
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I'm screwed...
    my speed sucks...

download - 233 kbps
    upload - 194 kbps
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    dunkman i hate you
    :p:D

BOOOOO......
    ;)
  • Options
    siochansiochan Posts: 304
    If all goes to plan and I am able to get the tickets either online or going to ticket outlet I should have 1 definate spare and a possible 2 as I've thought maybe my time in Dublin and going to gig may be done better if i leave my ten year old at home ? not totally decided yet I should really bring her as she's been listening to the bhoys from she was in my womb........

Either way i'll post if i get tickets and how many spares if anyone is going to need them.

I am going from the other appearances PJ have made in Ireland i've never had trouble getting tickets for any of them so I hope it'll be no different this time round.
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
  • Options
    siochan wrote:
    If all goes to plan and I am able to get the tickets either online or going to ticket outlet I should have 1 definate spare and a possible 2 as I've thought maybe my time in Dublin and going to gig may be done better if i leave my ten year old at home ? not totally decided yet I should really bring her as she's been listening to the bhoys from she was in my womb........

Either way i'll post if i get tickets and how many spares if anyone is going to need them.

I am going from the other appearances PJ have made in Ireland i've never had trouble getting tickets for any of them so I hope it'll be no different this time round.

I hope to get tickets, if I fail, you can write me down as 1 of the possible interested people in your spare ;)

I'm too nervous... how long to go now?
  • Options

No idea mate.
  • Options
    You can't hate the Dunkman! I won't allow it :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    So who reckons the site will crash? ;):D

Read on an American thread that they had no problems getting tix and site didn't crash - apparantly some early probs but they were sorted out so who knows - I'm praying to god it doesn't. And that my pc doesn't turn itself off like it usually does at vital moments! Tried to load broadband to my laptop and it simply won't let me so am worrying now ....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Options
    Inion buiInion bui Posts: 16
    I'm starting to really shit myself now, eek!

My work address is my membership email address so I just hope there's no email announcements between now and 6 as I won't get them!!
  • Options
    Fingers at the ready? it's gonna be 6pm isn't it... :(
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:

Yup - even though I know that I still can't bring myself to move away from the pc! Damn it I feel sick!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• Options
    UKDave wrote:

I bloody hope so!! I'm just about to leave work *bites nails through tension*

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    just want to say GOOD LUCK everyone I hope to see u allllllllllll in Dublin :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options

Oh yes, I do believe I hate him.
    ;)
  • Options
    Good luck :D See you all on the "Other Side" :D Blimey I'm full of crappy quotes and song quotes today ;):D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options

thanks Dr G :)

well... just tried and they aint there yet :D

i'm very very nervous... only half a wild boar for tea my tummy is gurgling that much :)
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    Oh yes, I do believe I hate him.
    ;)

ah... dont lie now Buru ;)
  • Options
    For all those who feel like praying (even those who ain't religious - me included - but what harm can it do eh? Covering all bases and that ...) St. Jude is the Patron Saint of Hopeless Causes!

Done me some good in the past - when I got shit A'level results my mother prayed to St. Jude and I still got accepted into uni, my kids all prayed to St. Jude for Astoria tix and I got em so hey maybe ....

I guess I'm willing to try anything - might ring my Gran and get her to go to church or something ... or promise I'll be a good Catholic if it'll help (probably get struck down for that one!!)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Fingers crossed everyone. It seemed to work for Astoria :)

Unless we got tickets because V V gave money to a homeless guy and got good karma :confused:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    thanks Dr G :)

well... just tried and they aint there yet :D

i'm very very nervous... only half a wild boar for tea my tummy is gurgling that much :)

I don't really hate you... lol
    they are not there yet
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Fingers crossed everyone. It seemed to work for Astoria :)

Unless we got tickets because V V gave money to a homeless guy and got good karma :confused:

I'm hoping Karma is on my side too - lead a pretty good life - as an RE teacher I figure I should have all Gods, Goddesses, Saints and karma on my side!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)