Athens Que / Gig

egofilteregofilter Posts: 1
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Im trying to get in contact with a few of the people I shared this day & night with, I was (and still am i think) the guy from London who got stuck in the girls que (happy accident)... im especially interested in hearing from the following people.... the two Greek/Aussie Sisters who were the non PJ highlight, The Norweigian woman who made my mate look like the wally he can be, the Aussie fella who got his flag up to Eddie at the end and desperately looked like he wanted someone to share that moment with (i saw it bro - magic), The Scandinavian bloke who got his hair ruffled when Porch was played, The Spanish speaking Lady whos hair I was eating most of the night, the big Irish guy (northen i think - but dont hate me if i got that wrong) who was staying in my hotel and had breakfast with me the following morning, and any of you other sweaty lunitics i had the pleasure of meeting.... would love to hear your thoughts and share any pics, vid clips.... anything to make one of the best nights of my life last longer in the memory....

If I dont hear from you, Id just like to take this oppertunity to thank you all,,, a great bunch of friendly faces who made me feel like I was at home in a foriegn land.... id thank the band too, but thats a given.

Seeya in Europe, next time!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think the guy Aussie guy you are talking about was actually a kiwi - the New Zealand flag is slightly different to ours (I'm an Aussie) - it has red stars instead of white and fewer of them.

The kiwi guy posted on the Athens fanviews as Kiwi Jam.

I remember the others you mentioned but can't help you out with names etc. I wonder if Gitta (the line Goddess) kept the list with everyone's names on it?

Good Luck tracking down the others.
  • I'm in a similar situation here.

I met so many wonderful people in the Friday meeting and in the que before the show, with who I'd like to keep in touch.

But I was so "out there" after the show, that I didn't keep any e-mails or usernames..

Anyway, Oscar if you're reading this (or any of his friends), I still need your e-mail address to send the photos!
    MSG 1&2 2003
    Boston 3 2003
    Milan 2006
    Athens 2006
  • DunDun Posts: 48
    egofilter wrote:
    the big Irish guy (northen i think - but dont hate me if i got that wrong) who was staying in my hotel and had breakfast with me the following morning,

Hehe, that was me. I'm from the north of the Republic of Ireland, but not from Northern Ireland itself. I actually live more to the north than any part of Northern Ireland, which confuses anybody not familiar with Ireland - for the rest, I'm from NE Co. Donegal, Inishowen, near Malin Head.

I remember glancing over and the first thing I saw was your bass clef tattoo, and I was thinking "that was the guy that was in the girls' queue yesterday!!" because you'd your back to me when you were in that queue but I remember seeing the tattoo and thinking it looked cool.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay - I left for the airport about an hour after brekkie and floated the whole way home on the buzz!
  • PapPap Posts: 28,823
    A reason for Pearl Jam to come back to our beautiful country (Eddie said so, not me) after 10 years: Be the first band to fill the air of the Nikos Galis (stadium? - formerly known as OAKA Sports Hall) with nice melodies. And while we're at it, you could also add a second night and play at the second basketball arena (the Nick Galis Hall) in Greece being named after the FIBA Hall of Famer.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024