Options

Cincinnati 10/1/14

Comments

• Options
    JoshoeuhJoshoeuh Posts: 167
    I emailed 10 Club and they said US Bank Arena was likely using a generic seating chart, and the legit event seating chart may not be up until next week. They didn't say specifically, but it led me to believe there would be a GA pit with seats behind as other arenas.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    This morning on channel 5 news the meteorologist said forget the weather, PJ is coming to USBank arena! It was great! Everybody is stoked!
    Paul D.
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    Fingers crossed for the draw...would be heading up from Louisville.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    dugangsxr said:

This morning on channel 5 news the meteorologist said forget the weather, PJ is coming to USBank arena! It was great! Everybody is stoked!

That is very cool!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Put in for reserved for Cincy. 9.5 hour drive from NJ. Hotel booked. Fingers crossed!
    I usually drive 9 hours to Toronto so this is on par with that and is doable with a co-pilot.
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    edited May 2014
    Joshoeuh said:

I emailed 10 Club and they said US Bank Arena was likely using a generic seating chart, and the legit event seating chart may not be up until next week. They didn't say specifically, but it led me to believe there would be a GA pit with seats behind as other arenas.

Excellent! Thanks for checking!
    Post edited by tribejammer05 on
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    dcp3y said:

Fingers crossed for the draw...would be heading up from Louisville.

I will be heading up from Louisville as well. Will we ever get a show here?

1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Anybody heading down from Toronto?
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472

Well, if you're passing through cleveland/columbus on your way down, I'm always willing to drive the rest of the way with you. I currently don't have anyone else to use the 2nd ticket, so there is that as well.
  • Options
    Hope Cincinnati gets a baseball theme poster like St. Louis's 2010. That would be sweet!
    Paul D.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    dugangsxr said:

Hope Cincinnati gets a baseball theme poster like St. Louis's 2010. That would be sweet!

Wouldn't they need a baseball team first?

The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Hope the weather is good for tailgating... Otherwise may have to party at Dugangsxr's place!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    know1 said:

dugangsxr said:

Wouldn't they need a baseball team first?

That was a good one! Granted half of the teams on the DL.
    Paul D.
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Hope the weather is good for tailgating... Otherwise may have to party at Dugangsxr's place!!

About 8 minutes away from the arena!
    Paul D.
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    mrshock13 said:

Well, if you're passing through cleveland/columbus on your way down, I'm always willing to drive the rest of the way with you. I currently don't have anyone else to use the 2nd ticket, so there is that as well.
    I might actually have to take you up on that offer!
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Put in for GA and reserved today, in that preference. Making a 6 hour drive from SW VA, not too bad overall.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,480

I'm heading out from Hanover (or hoping to anyways) north of TO. But think the wife and I are going to catch a flight out of Detroit. Good to see another Canuck making the trip :)>-
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    just booked a Newport, Ky hotel....LET'S GO!!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    pjradio said:

Comfort Suites, walking distance to the pre party, let's do this!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    cbeitingcbeiting Posts: 78
    edited May 2014
    I put in reserve first, and GA second...I'm olde. For those who haven't been down to Cincinnati since the last time the boys played you all are in for a treat. I suggest getting here early and visit the OTR district. Unless you're waiting in the GA line...then may god have mercy on your soul. ;)

Good luck everyone.
    Post edited by cbeiting on
    Member since 1996...
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    dougfloyd said:

pjradio said:

Comfort Suites, walking distance to the pre party, let's do this!
    yep...thats where I'll be as well!

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    I am not sure why the pre-party is at the Beer Sellar in Newport when the Banks and OTR have much better beer, food and atmosphere. I always go to the pre-party's but might have to go my own way this time. Hard to pass up the Yard House, Lager House and all the others.
    cbeiting said:

I put in reserve first, and GA second...I'm olde. For those who haven't been down to Cincinnati since the last time the boys played you all are in for a treat. I suggest getting here early and visit the OTR district. Unless you're waiting in the GA line...then may god have mercy on your soul. ;)

Good luck everyone.

• Options
    cbeitingcbeiting Posts: 78
    I completely agree. I guess other than the fact that the Beer Sellar has smoking? There's much better choices for pre-game dinner/drinks nowadays.
    WhoDey said:

I am not sure why the pre-party is at the Beer Sellar in Newport when the Banks and OTR have much better beer, food and atmosphere. I always go to the pre-party's but might have to go my own way this time. Hard to pass up the Yard House, Lager House and all the others.

cbeiting said:

Good luck everyone.

Member since 1996...
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    cbeiting said:

I completely agree. I guess other than the fact that the Beer Sellar has smoking? There's much better choices for pre-game dinner/drinks nowadays.

WhoDey said:

cbeiting said:

Good luck everyone.

I'm with you guys...the ONLY reason to go to Newport would be to hit The Party Source for some "Booze Bargains"
    photo PartySource_zps827d1a34.jpg
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited May 2014
    Maybe we could petition Wishlist Foundation to change it? Who knows, right? I also am a bit surprised that the party location got announced so quickly...why not wait, scope out the scene, etc? The online reviews of Beer Sellar seem iffy at best...

With that said... any interest at all in trying to coordinate and pool our funds for a bus from Columbus that'd get us down there 6-7 hours before show time and then leave immediately after? Obviously, we could drink on the bus and there'd be DVDs to watch... Or not...just thought I'd throw that idea out there.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Maybe we could petition Wishlist Foundation to change it? Who knows, right? I also am a bit surprised that the party location got announced so quickly...why not wait, scope out the scene, etc? The online reviews of Beer Sellar seem iffy at best...

With that said... any interest at all in trying to coordinate and pool our funds for a bus from Columbus that'd get us down there 6-7 hours before show time and then leave immediately after? Obviously, we could drink on the bus and there'd be DVDs to watch... Or not...just thought I'd throw that idea out there.

Sounds like FUN...but we are heading over to St. Louis after the show in Cincy!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

Sounds like FUN...but we are heading over to St. Louis after the show in Cincy!!!
    I should have known...only you (and probably 35 others!)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382

derbydave said:

1. I like the bus idea.
    2. I wanna go to St Louis. Are you returning to C-bus or just heading to MO?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Mercury said:

derbydave said:

1. I like the bus idea.
    2. I wanna go to St Louis. Are you returning to C-bus or just heading to MO?
    Assuming I win tickets, I'll be leaving Columbus with the intent of arriving at the Wishlist party between 1-3 PM. I'll definitely want to check out any outdoor merch booth and pick the tickets up before things get crazy. I'm not totally sold on the location of the Wishlist party, but since I helped to put the Columbus one together (and met some really awesome people), I'll want to stop by at least for a drink or two. Plus, the whole idea of doing something good for a local charity? Why not?

After the show? It's called how fast can I get on the road back to Columbus?
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Anyone win for Cincy yet?
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018