Options

ISO Purple Rain, Purple Vinyl.

Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
edited May 2014 in Lost Dogs
Hey guys I have searched the lands for one of these bad boys and I am just curious to know if any of y'all have one? I don't know if I'm open to trade yet but that might change if I find one.
Post edited by Treyert14 on

Comments

• Options
    KN116254KN116254 Posts: 26
    I have one! They were promo only I believe -- shouldn't be too hard to find. I think I paid around $25-30 for it
  • Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    Not sure what these are going for but here is a start.

http://www.discogs.com/Prince-And-The-Revolution-Purple-Rain/release/3784308

Good luck!
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options
    KN116254 said:

I have one! They were promo only I believe -- shouldn't be too hard to find. I think I paid around $25-30 for it

Yea they were. Is it the LP? Or the 45?
  • Options

Good luck!

Thanks man! I can't tell if it's the purple vinyl or not though?
  • Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    Treyert14 said:

Good luck!

Thanks man! I can't tell if it's the purple vinyl or not though?
    No problem!

Under format it says "promo" and "purple".

Maybe KN116254 would be able to tell you what the barcode is off the sleeve or the Matrix / Runout numbers on the actual wax.
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options
    Bump. Hoping KN116254 sees this and fills me in!
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I used to have the original purple 7" and lost it in one of my many moves
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options

I used to have the original purple 7" and lost it in one of my many moves

That sucks man, I have seen that one on eBay. It's allitle more common then the LP.
  • Options
    Bumpity bump
  • Options
    robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
    I have the 7"
  • Options
    Would you be intrested in a trade of some kind?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    PM me. The 7" and sleeve are in decent shape, not mint by any means, I found it in at a garage sale.
  • Options
    Pm sent!
  • Options
    I saw the Purple Lp in a record shop by me. If you like Ill stop in tomorrow to see how much they want.
  • Options

I saw the Purple Lp in a record shop by me. If you like Ill stop in tomorrow to see how much they want.

That would be great!
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    Bump, Bump, Bump!
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    I have the purple vinyl 7" of Purple Rain. Mint shape.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    Hey treyert, I had to in for surgery on my hand so I couldn't stop bye, but Ill call the shop tomorrow and get a price for you.
  • Options

Hey treyert, I had to in for surgery on my hand so I couldn't stop bye, but Ill call the shop tomorrow and get a price for you.

It's all good man. I'm sorry to hear about your hand, hope all goes well!
  • Options
    Thanks, It's not a problem. Had to have a pin & screw put in my finger to fuse the joint. I got bit by a dog back in march, it broke my finger & almost took it off. then i picked up MRSA in the ER. had to have surgery to cut out the infection & a section of bone. So hopefully the pin will stabilize it enough & won't have to go through anymore.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    I have one and I know where there is another. Unfortunately the other is hanging in a local record store window as a decoration. It's all faded from the sun. :(
  • Options

I have one and I know where there is another. Unfortunately the other is hanging in a local record store window as a decoration. It's all faded from the sun. :(

That just broke my heart... :((
  • Options
    Hey Treyert, I just called the record store by me and was shocked when he said they want $100. for there copy. Id didnt realize it was going for that much. Damn, should of picked that one up myself when it came out.
  • Options

Hey Treyert, I just called the record store by me and was shocked when he said they want $100. for there copy. Id didnt realize it was going for that much. Damn, should of picked that one up myself when it came out.

Holy sh*t!
  • Options
    That's alot better than what I have seen it go for on Ebay... Thanks man I appreciate it! How's your finger?
  • Options
    k, got a brand new pin in it from the tip to the 2nd knuckle. If you want it let me know, when I asked him it didnt sound like he actually looked, maybe just guessed, so Ill take a look when I can.
  • Options

k, got a brand new pin in it from the tip to the 2nd knuckle. If you want it let me know, when I asked him it didnt sound like he actually looked, maybe just guessed, so Ill take a look when I can.

I'll have to think on it. Next time your there if you can check that would be cool. Thanks man.