Break up timing and odd ways to dump someone.

jallardjallard Posts: 46
edited May 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey!

Since I feel quite alone in my situation I thought I might share it and then get feedback from your own experiences that could turn something real down to an absurd/funny story.

Here's mine:

Last week I was dumped on my birthday, what a gift!
Once I have been dumped on Valentine's day, the chocolate in the box tasted quite bitter.
Also, when I was 20, my boyfriend broke up 5 days to Christmas.
And the last one, I have been told that he didn't really love me the day I got my mom at the hospital for suicide attemp.

Your experiences don't have to be about timing, it could be way to be dumped, reasons given to dump or you may have been that evil person who dumped someone in a way that you (should) regret... Or not.

Can't wait to read your answers.

:-)

Ouate de phoque?
Post edited by jallard on

Comments

• If this was in the all encompassing trip thread... I think you would receive more responses.

* Hope you didn't have too expensive a gift already bought and wrapped for that boyfriend of yours that broke up with you 5 days before Christmas!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • jallardjallard Posts: 46
    Oh, kinda newb here. Can i just transfer the discussion to the right thread?
    Ouate de phoque?
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I got dumped on X-mas after bringing over his gift. Best X-mas present ever, if I'm honest.

With the possible exception of my desk top Tardis. That thing is pretty cool.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    *I got stood up at Homecoming like literally, the day of. So I had to go with my friend's 27 year old brother, he looked just like John Oats.
    *I got ditched at prom the same year-I found out he only wanted to go to prom with me so he could go hit on my friend the foreign exchange student-he wasn't a BF, just a guy friend-thank goodness. (well, not much of a 'friend' then either huh?)
    *I was turned down by 3 different guys that I asked to go to Tolo with me.
    *I got dumped because my BF at the time wanted to go out with a 17 year old chick he met on the internet-he was 27.
    *I've been stood up numerous times when asked out on blind dates.

whatever, life goes on- Que sera sera...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    www.myspace.com
    no...more like:

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    is that you on the left?
    www.myspace.com

is that you on the left?

no...it's you...I'm sad you don't remember, you did have too much to drink that night.

- Christopher McCandless
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    The first time I took my ex gf to a PJ show, we didn't speak at all, she didn't get into it at all, we just.... were lumps on a log. Well, I wasn't. I was enjoying the heck out of it (as much as I could) and I knew in my mind... this relationship was ending very quickly. A week later, we were done. I ended it a week before her sisters wedding where I was scheduled to sing and play guitar for the bride and groom. I did not go to the wedding even though she expected me to. Are you kidding me? We're broken up! I ain't doing ANYMORE with you.... that's called a break up! Oh, and if you don't atleast respect my passion for PJ.... payce! My current gf rocks. Been to 2 PJ shows with me and gets into it, comes to the pre-parties and has fun. She even sings from time to time. She's no die-hard and she never will be, that much I know. But she wears sexy PJ shirts (we need more in the shop), she enjoys "some" of their tunes, but definitely not all. It's an awesome understanding in my books. She atleast gets it, especially when she sees girlfriends of hers with their boyfriends / husbands that are into PJ hardcore as well. hahaha. How can you NOT be into PJ? bad rant over.
    Some of the ladies in this post so far... ouch.... why do guys treat you like shit? DEMAND THE RESPECT YOU DESERVE AND don't hang out with deuschy dudes or guys with no pizzazz. hahaha. better luck to you going forward. BE WELL!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
    wait a minute....they hired you to perform at their wedding and you bailed on your gf and them a week before hand? i dunno bout that...
    www.myspace.com
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    edited May 2014
    Hey Juggler,

The minute we ended our status as a couple, I ended my status as part of their family. If a coach gets fired from the team, he doesn't show up to the year end speeches like he may have been scheduled to. Every commitment, every plan, every action... ends at the time of a break-up. Some may differ, but that's how I certainly see it. What's fucked about this, is the sister who got married, still reaches out to me, be it, only on my facebook via comments, jokes,..... just random light-hearted comments. She is older and really wanted me to be in the fam and thought her sister screwed up by losing me and she totally understood about me not going to her wedding. It's all good that way. I didn't NEED to play at that wedding and it wouldn't have been honest of me to do it. To me, my honesty lies within my own mind and gut feeling. My gut said "you don't have to play that wedding. so you're NOT playing that wedding." They still married...haha. My little part didn't matter. Trust me. It's fine.
    Post edited by evsgjamm on
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited May 2014
    Brutal. What kind of asshole would dump someone on their birthday?? He couldn't do it a day earlier or a day later?

Anyway, OP, I'm sorry to hear that you were dumped. :( That really sucks, and it can be tough (more or less, depending on the relationship!).

I also once got dumped on Valentine's Day too. He brought me flowers and everything, lol.

I've got a couple doozies though. First one was way back in the day - I was living with this guy (madly in love), both far away from our families for a season, and one day I came home from work to the apartment that we happily (I thought) shared together, and he'd moved his crazy, wrist-slitting ex-girlfriend in while I was at work. Like, she was in our bed with a smug look on her face and all her luggage was unpacked, having emptied the drawers of my stuff..... He was all, "Hey, I'm getting back together with the ex and she's shown up in town and moved in. Sorry!" And she was all, "I'm a nice person if you get to know me! Hee hee!" I was literally rendered homeless. @-) I was actually completely heartbroken and traumatized. I quit my job that day (using a huge horrible lie as an explanation as to why I had to blow town so suddenly because I was too humiliated by what actually had happened), went and got falling down drunk that night, crashed in a hostel, got on a Greyhound at 6am after taking 5 or 6 Nytol so I could sleep rather than cry for the horrible 20 hour bus ride, and ran home to mommy.

I was happy to find out later that the ex-GF gave him genital warts. :))
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    RKCNDY said:

*I got stood up at Homecoming like literally, the day of. So I had to go with my friend's 27 year old brother, he looked just like John Oats.
    *I got ditched at prom the same year-I found out he only wanted to go to prom with me so he could go hit on my friend the foreign exchange student-he wasn't a BF, just a guy friend-thank goodness. (well, not much of a 'friend' then either huh?)
    *I was turned down by 3 different guys that I asked to go to Tolo with me.
    *I got dumped because my BF at the time wanted to go out with a 17 year old chick he met on the internet-he was 27.
    *I've been stood up numerous times when asked out on blind dates.

whatever, life goes on- Que sera sera...

I don't believe any of this....RKCNDY is a babe.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJ_Soul said:

Brutal. What kind of asshole would dump someone on their birthday?? He couldn't do it a day earlier or a day later?

Anyway, OP, I'm sorry to hear that you were dumped. :( That really sucks, and it can be tough (more or less, depending on the relationship!).

I also once got dumped on Valentine's Day too. He brought me flowers and everything, lol.

I've got a couple doozies though. First one was way back in the day - I was living with this guy (madly in love), both far away from our families for a season, and one day I came home from work to the apartment that we happily (I thought) shared together, and he'd moved his crazy, wrist-slitting ex-girlfriend in while I was at work. Like, she was in our bed with a smug look on her face and all her luggage was unpacked, having emptied the drawers of my stuff..... He was all, "Hey, I'm getting back together with the ex and she's shown up in town and moved in. Sorry!" And she was all, "I'm a nice person if you get to know me! Hee hee!" I was literally rendered homeless. @-) I was actually completely heartbroken and traumatized. I quit my job that day (using a huge horrible lie as an explanation as to why I had to blow town so suddenly because I was too humiliated by what actually had happened), went and got falling down drunk that night, crashed in a hostel, got on a Greyhound at 6am after taking 5 or 6 Nytol so I could sleep rather than cry for the horrible 20 hour bus ride, and ran home to mommy.

I was happy to find out later that the ex-GF gave him genital warts. :))

OMG!!! Well... I have been suffering a whole lot this week about this and guess what? There's also an ex involved.

While I was with him he kept complaining about her: that all his friends and family don't like her because well, i guess she's unbearable, how stressful she is because of her tantrums, said she was often trying to reach him while we we're together (I didn't check, I'm not one of these control freaks who check their bf phones and stuff), and so on.

When he left me he told me it was because he still loved her! Alright dummy! Go back to your crazy witch, but give me my money back! (That I won't elaborate, let's say I'm just a dumb generous puppet.) I texted him, tried to understand (what? Still dunno). And it happened that me and her started chatting on fb. She started by guilting me for telling him he was a wimp to go back to someone he's been complaining so much about. She asked me what were his complains, told her, don't have anything to hide. Then she started justifying by telling me HE was the one going after her. So I said to him what a douche he was, she gave me guilt again. I was so down, I was the couple breaker, I was supposedly putting so much guilt on him, so harsh!

And I woke up yesterday, turned into a psycho. Texted him: So I am the bad one? Good! Now give me my money back, I know the laws on collections (been a collecter myself), that if I hadn't helped him so much I would have been Satan impersonnated and I finished by: Gotta go, me and my friend Ted Bundy are going to torture some cats for fun.

I feel no guilt at all and I embrace my inner bitch now, that can be a lot of fun! :-)
    Ouate de phoque?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    you know ted bundys dead,right? ;):)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Shoot! All this time I thought it really was him! :(|)
    Ouate de phoque?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jallard said:

Shoot! All this time I thought it really was him! :(|)

lol
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    evsgjamm said:

Hey Juggler,

The minute we ended our status as a couple, I ended my status as part of their family. If a coach gets fired from the team, he doesn't show up to the year end speeches like he may have been scheduled to. Every commitment, every plan, every action... ends at the time of a break-up. Some may differ, but that's how I certainly see it. What's fucked about this, is the sister who got married, still reaches out to me, be it, only on my facebook via comments, jokes,..... just random light-hearted comments. She is older and really wanted me to be in the fam and thought her sister screwed up by losing me and she totally understood about me not going to her wedding. It's all good that way. I didn't NEED to play at that wedding and it wouldn't have been honest of me to do it. To me, my honesty lies within my own mind and gut feeling. My gut said "you don't have to play that wedding. so you're NOT playing that wedding." They still married...haha. My little part didn't matter. Trust me. It's fine.

the way i see it is you broke a social contract....but if the bride is still cool with you, then all's well that ends.
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889

evsgjamm said:

Hey Juggler,

the way i see it is you broke a social contract....but if the bride is still cool with you, then all's well that ends.
    Crazy talk. Maintaining contact like that with someone who hurt you makes things worse. IMO there is no way she should have.played that wedding. Break ups end all social contracts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Crazy talk. Maintaining contact like that with someone who hurt you makes things worse. IMO there is no way she should have.played that wedding. Break ups end all social contracts.

the ex that dumped me for the 17 year old...his mommy kept calling me and inviting me over for dinner, she couldn't deal with the fact he dumped me...I only went over once to say goodbye, and stopped answering the phone when they called.

and quit embarrassing me imalive! imageimage

- Christopher McCandless
    PJ_Soul said:

evsgjamm said:

Hey Juggler,

the wedding was NEXT weekend! she agreed to play!
    www.myspace.com