Options

If You Could Change 1 Thing

liesandsaysliesandsays Posts: 132
edited January 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Answer this...

If you could turn back time and change one thing... what would it be?

I would have attended Boston - both nights
Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
Chicago and Down the Coast in 2003
Seattle 2005
SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I would've bought Prague tickets like i had planned to do for weeks and weeks. I could afford the tickets but not the flights and hotels, but i still should've taken the chance. Prague got Nothingman, the song i was hoping for!!!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I would've done minimum 3 shows from the Canadian Tour, rather than just one.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    flown from florida where i was holidaying at the time to the Gorge for both shows,,, when i read the great setlists and saw the beutiful venue i was like, i should have been there!
    I see the birds in the rain...

i know and i would not ever touch you, hold you, feel you ever... oh, never again
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First ever show-Leeds Festival 25th Aug 2006.
  • Options
    I would have went to Albany or saved all my money for concerts (with the acception of Ween, AiC and both NIN concerts) and went to Hawaii!
  • Options
    flown from florida where i was holidaying at the time to the Gorge for both shows,,, when i read the great setlists and saw the beutiful venue i was like, i should have been there!
    at the Gorge.. Portland was better...air conditioning...etc
    Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
    Seattle 2005
    SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
  • Options
    joined the 10c in like 1991 and enjoyed front row for the rest of PJs career:D
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I would have gone to the San Francisco shows. I confused the dates and thought I couldn't make it. I didn't realize 2 of the shows were on the weekend untill the day of the first show.

In constant sorrow...
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    Mailed the envelope to join the 10C in '93.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    I would have waited one fucking day after buying Boston I 04 tix to book my flight. That way I would have known that they were adding a second show, and not scheduled my return flight for that same day. After seeing the setlist when I got back, I wanted to hurl myself off of a building.
  • Options
    1) you would've not quoted a Cher song to start this thread...

2) I only went to 6 of the Cdn shows, you'd have been a helluva a lot smarter than me and went to all of them. I would challenge any other band and fan to see anything like that ever again...
    And then you would've followed the band around for the '06 tour.

You asked.
  • Options
    I wouldn't have posted this.
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    I would have gone to the Newcastle show.
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    I would have gone to the Stockholm gig in 2000.
    Back then I only had heard their big hit songs, and just didn´t think about the fact that they were here. 1 month later i bought BInaural and then I hated myself for the rest of my life=).

Their best set list on the whole tour + the greatest version of once ever.
    And they played outdoor a sunny evening at one of the most beutiful places in Stockholm
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Then I probably would have attended Milan and Berlin instead of Berlin and Athens. Don´t get me wrong, Athens was a great show, but not quite the majestic end-of-tour shows people predicted it would be.
    But of course they played a lot of staples here, since it was the first show in Greece.
    I could only attend shows on weekends due to my job as a teacher.
    Hell, if I could take some time off I should have attended all 5 shows in Italy!
    If I had known then what i know now (:

I´m glad I saw the Berlin show though (:

As I view the setlist from Athens now, it is a very good show indeed! Maybe it´s just the bootleg, could have been better IMO

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I would have dumped that drop kick, John Cougar Mellencamp loving, yobbo before I got started with him and then I might have woken up and "smelt" the PJ sooner. THEN I would have been at the 95 shows! DOH!! DOH!! DOH! :(:(:(
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    I would have missed my summer holiday and use the money for berlin, antwerpen and vienna instead.
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I would have payed the $300 / ticket to see Pearl Jam open for the Rolling Stones in Pittsburgh, and I also would have traveled the 4 hours on a schoolnight to see them in Hamilton, Ontario.

My biggest regret, however, is going to my senior prom rather than the Cleveland show. How dumb can I honestly be?!?!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    if i could change one thing i would have been born in 1980. when Ten came out i was two years old and i didnt discover Pearl Jam until i was twelve.

but better late than never!
    “I don't know what this means. I don't think it means anything.”
    -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Probably not much. Although I would have seen PJ a few more times! :D Never regret going, only regret not going. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    ManooManoo Posts: 63
    if i could change one thing i would have been born in 1980. when Ten came out i was two years old and i didnt discover Pearl Jam until i was twelve.

but better late than never!

Well yes, you're right! We would have lost a few years but then we wouldn't have to be young in such an awful music decade...
    Zagreb 09/06
    Katowice 06/07

www.postnobills.hu
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    I wouldn't have missed any of San Diego '06 and would've stayed another 3 days in Hawaii for the 12/9 show.
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    My regret was being too tired for the Milan show that I don't really remember much of it.

I also regret having Athens tickets IN MY HAND but having to sell them :(

That's two I know but both equal.
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    Mac Dog wrote:
    1) you would've not quoted a Cher song to start this thread...
    looool:)

If I could change things I would be in Ljubljana in my country at PJ show in 2000...,
    and if I could, I'd spent all my money to see them on at least 5 shows in Europe...but there was no fucking money:(
    (thank god...I saw PJ in Zagreb)
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    I would not have had a milkshake on May 14, 2004. It fucked up my blood sugar (hypoglycemic), so I went home after work that day and passed out instead of using my tickets to the CCFA benefit show.

I knew that Ed & Stone were going to join Mike at his benefit, but I still couldn't get straightened out enough to go.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    HotterHotter Posts: 51
    I would tell somebody about Roskilde '00 and avoid a tragedy......

Nice to see that people are thinking about others that themselves
    PJ....'nuff said
    ============
    Katowice '07
    Wembley '07
    Copenhagen '07
    MSG I '08
    MSG II '08
    Berlin ´09
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    There's a lot of stuff I would have changed, but here's the Pearl Jam related stuff:
    I would have definitely gone to Chicago 2. I wussed out after going to Chicago 1 because I was exhausted. I missed Footsteps and Crown of Thorns!!!
    Oh yeah, and I would have joined the 10c a LOT earlier.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    i wouldnt have gone to cincy .........................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I would've harassed the security guys ONE more time at the secret/invite only Waimea show, instead of listening to it outside in the jungle..

*stealth mode*

:D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I would've harassed the security guys ONE more time at the secret/invite only Waimea show, instead of listening to it outside in the jungle..

*stealth mode*

:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    joined the 10c in like 1991 and enjoyed front row for the rest of PJs career:D
    my friend did and we still end up eight rows back
    Seattle 2005