Mystery Box/Posters/Vinyl

Comments

• I'm going to miss all this box and package talk when these are all shipped out

me too. But I won't miss the anger and jealousy I feel after seeing other boxes as I can honestly say the box I got was crap. But still would buy another if they came up again.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043

a5pj said:

The mystery to me is how did you get that Kong poster so flat so quickly just lying a couple CDs on top (and not even on the corner)? That's one magic Kong.

And it matches the one you bought at the show.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/3051291/#Comment_3051291

Congrats!!!!

Dude straight called you out...

Haha

Yeah I noticed that too. Either that guy has a really good memory from reading show comments or searched the heck out of him.

Honestly wasn't that hard. First - there's no way one of those is showing up I'm a mystery box, and if you notice that pic the poster is way too flat without anything on the corner of it having just come out of a tube.

Then I clicked the guys name and the post I copied is like the 4th one down of his posts. I would never have remembered that or searched much further. The Internet and common sense are the only tools Shelock Holmes would
    on2legs said:

Here's a picture of my Mystery Box contents.
    It took me a little while to figure out how to post a picture here, sorry.

Post us a picture of both your Kongs together please.
    I'm not interested in selling or trading any of the posters in this picture, or anything that was included in my mystery box. Please don't send me a message asking. None of it will ever go on Ebay either. I have a family and my kids are into Pearl Jam. They like the posters. One day they'll each have a part of my collection for their own homes to display or just keep to remember their dad.

These boxes have been awesome and there's no reason to believe the 10c isn't including great stuff in them. I took a picture of everything that was included in mine and posted it here. Some chose to believe I threw in the MSG print to cause a stir. It's in my picture because it was in the box. It seems like it's gotten popular now so hopefully some other people will find one as well. If you like PJ posters, you've seen there have been a lot of awesome prints arriving in homes. I think that's cool. That's part of the fun. I've been having fun following along and seeing what others have gotten.

Whoever posted my review of the MSG show- Thanks. I forgot I posted that. I read through it again and it brought back a lot of great memories. That show was the single greatest Pearl Jam experience I've ever had, and I was fortunate enough to share it with a great, great friend. I'll never forget it. The Donkey Kong poster marks that night- the band, the music, the people I experienced it with. To me, it's not about what people are paying for it.
    Maybe that's why the 10c sent me one.
    Whatever the reason, you can believe they are including it in mystery boxes.

Thanks again 10c.

The magic one on the left was in my mystery box.

imagephoto photo2_zps023c957e.jpg" />

Wowza, Lew is that you ?

Im sure this has to be the same More Coffee as BRY??

Man its been some time, hope all is well, and congrats on this excellent mystery box. Thrilled for you.

hope to reconnect soon when you have the time. Meeting Brian for the first time in 2 weeks :)
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Well, it was good day in the AO253126 household: Superunknown super deluxe, Led Zeppelin III super deluxe and, the piece de resistance, ten club mystery box, all landed at my front door. I have to say, I'm genuinely happy with what I got in my mystery box and if I could, I'd gladly buy another.

That being said though, I'm not above trading away anything that interests anyone, except the "PJ guitar" patch from Wrigley and the Hail, Hail promo. I'll update the have/want spreadsheet as well.

Men's Large

The boot is Lexington, KY 2003

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

The magic one on the left was in my mystery box.

=P~ =P~ =P~

I hear you about kids and posters. My daughter is four and already has four Pearl Jam prints (Wrigley Shuss, Boston II 2006 Ames, and both Brooklyns framed together) hanging in her room.

Wait a minute ... that's more than I have framed and hung for myself!

:-/

Damn kids!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • The magic one on the left was in my mystery box.

B-)

now that this has been ironed out... does anyone else have news of a delay from UPS due to a train derailment?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737

B-)

now that this has been ironed out... does anyone else have news of a delay from UPS due to a train derailment?

I got a message from UPS saying "a late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay"
    But, the latest location as of today is at the UPS hub in my town - so I'm thinking I should be getting it today, which was the original plan.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Longest RoadLongest Road Posts: 264
    One of the things in my box was The Just Breathe CD Single. I have not seen this. Anyone have any idea about this CD??
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
  • tribejammer05tribejammer05 Posts: 696
    edited June 2014
    AO253126 said:

Well, it was good day in the AO253126 household: Superunknown super deluxe, Led Zeppelin III super deluxe and, the piece de resistance, ten club mystery box, all landed at my front door. I have to say, I'm genuinely happy with what I got in my mystery box and if I could, I'd gladly buy another.

That being said though, I'm not above trading away anything that interests anyone, except the "PJ guitar" patch from Wrigley and the Hail, Hail promo. I'll update the have/want spreadsheet as well.

Men's Large

The boot is Lexington, KY 2003

Nice score! You got the hat and shirts I was hoping for. Other than that we almost got identical boxes.
    Post edited by tribejammer05 on
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    UPS status now updated to "On Vehicle for Delivery Today" :)
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    I was scrolling really fast so I might have missed it, any apologies to More Coffee for calling him out unnecessarily? I think he just served the crow on a silver platter to those who did. ;)
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • jweyersjweyers Posts: 364
    MayDay10 said:

photoshopped.

Wow, tough crowd

• EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    scurtis said:

I was scrolling really fast so I might have missed it, any apologies to More Coffee for calling him out unnecessarily? I think he just served the crow on a silver platter to those who did. ;)

No apologies. I wasn't really calling anyone out. I was skeptical and been proven wrong (perhaps). Won't be the last time. Didn't mean to cause heartache. I don't believe in coincidences, and i'll stick with my cynicism. It has served me well. If it means I miss out on something, so be it. Better than being taken.

Anyway - as I said - congrats on the Kong. Quite frankly, I would have been more impressed if it has been a fake set up. That takes a lot of ingenuity and creativity. It's actually slightly disappointing that it was real. (and if the latest photo is a fake - all the more kudos. That would take a lot of effort that wouldn't really seem worth it, thus sealing the deal.).

And just for the record if this didn't make it clear enough - even if he had been fabricating it wouldn't have made me think he was lying or any less of a person. We don't even know each other, and I'd hardly think less of him if he went through the trouble of trying to punk us (again, I'd think it was pretty cool).

Either way, I don't think it effects Mr. C or my life one iota and I've returned the crow as if there's anyone to feed it to it's those that have questioned my motives as I wasn't questioning his.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Okay... was fun.. Let's move on.. Next Mystery box ...let's go!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Treyert14Treyert14 Posts: 924
    I'm seeing people getting the Nola poster. If anybody is intrested in trading theirs hit me up!
  • RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Mine is arriving this afternoon! Now if I only knew how to post pictures on this forum..
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

One of the things in my box was The Just Breathe CD Single. I have not seen this. Anyone have any idea about this CD??

I got one too... http://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Just-Breathe/master/324873
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    RD101189 said:

Mine is arriving this afternoon! Now if I only knew how to post pictures on this forum..

If you have a smartphone: take some pics, and then upload them to an image hosting site like flickr or imgur (create an account first). Image hosting sites let you create a;bums, but they also give you direct links (i.e. directly to the file you you have a link like http://www.imgur.com/ahd74hflke5.jpg). Once you have the direct file link, copy it to your clipboard and then when you write your post on the board, click on that little icon that looks like a picture (hovering over it says "image"). Paste the URL into the pop-up text box and you're all set.

Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Have they said they will be doing more?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    edited June 2014
    Let me know if you want to trade (or buy) for any of the following:

2009 San Francisco Variant s/n poster
    2006 PJ/KOL Adelaide poster
    Calgary Sports themed shirt - Men's L
    The Who/PJ Chicago shirt - Men's XL
    Bouncy Ball
    Riot Act Program
    Stickers (2013 - OKC/Dallas, Europe Flags 12, Mariner Style, Johnny Guitar, BS Drummer)
    Backspacker Tattoo
    95 Holiday Single
    Wishlist, NAIS CD Promos, Tres Mts, Brad CDs

I am looking for:
    Any other posters, I'm not too picky
    St. Christopher Keychain
    Pensacola Lip Balm
    Another shirt Men's L
    Another Hat
    Stickers (show specific 2013 - Spok/Balt/Pitt or Missoula 12 or country code or ??)
    Variety of 7" singles (not XMas)
    Boots

Don't see it listed, PM me. I am pretty open!
    Post edited by Alpine Bound on
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Posts: 1,901
    Noload said:

Have they said they will be doing more?

Apparently the 3rd round is on 6/10
  • For all my griping about my Mystery Box, I just wanted to give a big SHOUT OUT to SNH for sending me a bootleg as advertised, since my box was missing one. Thanks so much!
  • OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    Here's my Mystery Box & really happy with it.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810

Here's my Mystery Box & really happy with it.

Wrigley patch! Which boot?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    2003 Brisbane, Australia
  • Here's my Mystery Box & really happy with it.

best yet!
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    VFC shirts are a score.

I own the one on the left in brown, right in red.
  • Treyert14Treyert14 Posts: 924
    edited June 2014
    I feel like opening the posters would be the best part?!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    Treyert14 said:

I feel like opening the posters would be the best part?!

Not when you get the wolf man Vancouver!!!

Anybody get any Lightning Bolt promo singles? Wonder why these aren't in there?

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    My wife let my daughter pick out one of her old shirts for an ersatz smock to wear during messy art projects at her preschool, and she picked the blue VFC patriot shirt.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Here's my Mystery Box & really happy with it.

best yet!
    Patriot shirt! Awesome!!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!