all female PJ cover band called.....

ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
I got asked to be Edie Vetteir in a women's PJ cover band. The gal running it (drummer phenom ..recorded since she was just 7 and she's 42 now), tells me : We aren't Viganology. That's a different one.

Okay, now I am definitely joining. What would YOU call an all woman-pj cover band? They already have a name ... (seattle's daughter). I used to be in a band called Surfwater Bandits, she dug that name. Still hoping to find our old cassettes at Ameoba sometime. Would love to hear ideas!

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Bee Girls
    Daughters
    Off She Goes
    Sirens (I actually like this one, am a mythology fan)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I like Seattle's Daughter.

How about: She Dreams In Red
    ELITIST FUK
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    How about "Momma-Son"?
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Jeremina!
    Backspace-her

Just kidding. In all seriousness, I would just go with a cool name, not one that has to sound like its a girl band.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    ratmando said:

I got asked to be Edie Vetteir in a women's PJ cover band. The gal running it (drummer phenom ..recorded since she was just 7 and she's 42 now), tells me : We aren't Viganology. That's a different one.

Okay, now I am definitely joining. What would YOU call an all woman-pj cover band? They already have a name ... (seattle's daughter). I used to be in a band called Surfwater Bandits, she dug that name. Still hoping to find our old cassettes at Ameoba sometime. Would love to hear ideas!

how come there were never any PJ tribute bands when i lived in vegas for 33 years!?!?!

X(
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Girl Jam?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    or Gearl Jam?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    BinFrog said:

or Gearl Jam?

^^^^ like it!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Grrrrrrl Jam
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    ooh digging the grrrrl Jam and the gearl jam... you guys rock.. Vedd-hed you cracked me UP! lol. Sirens is taken. It's a band out of Boston and out of the UK. (two bands. same name..seeya at the rockfests). Off She Goes - one of my favortie songs too. So many good ideas.. YOU peeps are MY peeps.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
    I like that we now have officially added a "stone" who is a.......guy..... so I can definitely go with another name. LOVED She Dreams In Red. (two of us have bright red/pink hair.) Off She Goes is GREAT-- Will bring this to meeting and see what the gang says. So cool to be actually SINGING stuff again but having it be about my favorite band? Epic.

Henry David Thoreau
    Guitarist two came up with even flo. Ahem lol

Henry David Thoreau
    ratmando said:

Guitarist two came up with even flo. Ahem lol

:))
    ELITIST FUK
    edited April 2014
    Bushleagrrrrl.

I keed I keed.
    or Bush League, her. So many songs have great punography.

Henry David Thoreau
  • oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    BinFrog said:

or Gearl Jam?

For a all female Pearl Jam cover band, this wins hands down.

Wind this thing up.

how much do I love you all? SOo freakin' much. I'm having a dilly of a time finding a new drummer tho... I'd be happy with a transgendered, cross dresser, or even ... well.... a robot.

Henry David Thoreau
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    Can't compete with Gearl Jam / Girl Jam / Grrrl Jam
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
    We went with Grrrl Jam, (but the girls still say vaginology to people who get the reference..:) )

Henry David Thoreau
    nice.
    ratmando said:

We went with Grrrl Jam, (but the girls still say vaginology to people who get the reference..:) )

:D
    ELITIST FUK
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I think Grrl Jam is the winner, because I immediately know what this is when I see it. It's a Pearl Jam tribute band with significant female membership. It isn't obscure, it doesn't require a master's degree in Pearl Jam discography to decipher, and it gets right to the point. If this was on the blotter of my alt-weekly newspaper, or if I saw it on a club marquee or poster, it would make sense. And that's even more important to club owners, who want something they can recognize and sell to an audience. If you named yourselves "Foxy Mop Handle Mamas", or something equally obscure, you would never get booked, and people wouldn't know what the show was about.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Yup, agreed.... and in Las Vegas there are LOTS of places that want tribute shows, so booking is required to be lowest common denominator thinking... I think we've found a drummer today, (yay!) . always the hardest band member to recruit.... :)

Henry David Thoreau
    NOW, we're offering a FREE lifetime crew member laminate to GRRL JAM shows if you help; us support Wishlist Foundation. If you can get 10 shirts sold: http://www.booster.com/grrljam_wishlist we are going to give ALL the cash- no middle men-- directly to Wishlist Foundation. We need to sell 20 shirts total so the Foundation gets SOMETHING, but we have a goal of 150 shirts.. and if you are in Denver and find that you run into a Gimpy Grrl Jam member.. (that's me), I'll sign your shirt! Maybe no big deal now, but just you wait until we hit arena's and notapalooza's. ;) Sell the 10 shirts, and PM me if you had other people buying for you, too... and there we go.. you get your lifetime Laminate. (Seriously, ANY show we do.. even if we open for The Who.... (ha!)(could happen). ) We LOVE wishlist and We LOVE playing Pearl Jam as a tribute band..wait til you see us live.. LIVE we will melt yer buttah.

Henry David Thoreau
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Fucking awesome! Go GRRL JAM!!!
    www.cluthelee.com

Fucking awesome! Go GRRL JAM!!!

THAT could be a great album name!! (we're calling it Runanalog, though cos we're hoping for a Pono crowd!) THANKS for the support!! :)

Henry David Thoreau