Options

Aliens... Is there life beyond us? (Share your Extra-terrestrial experiences.)

Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
edited May 2014 in A Moving Train
I really enjoy reading the supernatural thread. And I don't believe there is a extra terrestrial thread so here it is!
Share your experiences mostly, not your opinions lol
Post edited by Treyert14 on

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Shoot, I don't have any experiences. But I do think the answer is absolutely yes. Have they visited Earth is a far different question, but space is so gigantic with countless other solar systems. There is no way this is the only one where "life" has developed. There are definitely others out there.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Shoot, I don't have any experiences. But I do think the answer is absolutely yes. Have they visited Earth is a far different question, but space is so gigantic with countless other solar systems. There is no way this is the only one where "life" has developed. There are definitely others out there.

It is a certainty. How 'advanced' such life might be is something one can only ponder.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It makes no sense to me that there wouldn't be other forms of (what we call) life beyond our planet.

I'm curious, though, why many claimed encounters with them involve anal probes.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    edited April 2014
    there are billions of stars, and each one has its own solar system. i would say that there has to be other forms of advanced life out there.

i would hate to think that humans are it. like, that we are the most advanced thing that the cosmos could produce. if we were, i would be pretty unimpressed.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    There is without doubt other life in the universe. But travel logistics make it highly unlikely we will ever make contact with intelligent life unless the laws of physics are rewritten.

There is still a chance of discovering basic life forms within our solar system as long as water is present in orbiting moons or Mars.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Think about it this way... if the only animal life on Earth was an ant hill in Austrailia... and an ant hill in Idaho... AND... the ant hill in Austrailia lived and died 1,000 years ago.
    What is the possibility of the ants in Austrailia making contact with the ants in Idaho?
    It does not mean that the seperate ant colonies never existed... it just means that neither of them possess or possessed the means to traverse the planet to make contact. To each colony, theirs was the only existance in the universe.
    The same rule applies to us, as humans. There is more than likely other life forms out there... but, they exist at great distances that we cannot cross. And they may have existed millions of years ago, before their planet was consumed by their Sun.... and may exist after our Sun consumes us.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    apparently a discovery of a new planet, kepler 186f may indeed have the "right" conditions to support life. alot of variables in play but this video indicates SETI is already all over it.

http://www.space.com/25531-new-earth-size-planet-could-have-water-video.html
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Cosmo said:

Think about it this way... if the only animal life on Earth was an ant hill in Austrailia... and an ant hill in Idaho... AND... the ant hill in Austrailia lived and died 1,000 years ago.
    What is the possibility of the ants in Austrailia making contact with the ants in Idaho?
    It does not mean that the seperate ant colonies never existed... it just means that neither of them possess or possessed the means to traverse the planet to make contact. To each colony, theirs was the only existance in the universe.
    The same rule applies to us, as humans. There is more than likely other life forms out there... but, they exist at great distances that we cannot cross. And they may have existed millions of years ago, before their planet was consumed by their Sun.... and may exist after our Sun consumes us.

Excellent analogy, Cosmo. What you say makes a great deal of sense.

I think we will be lucky if we somehow can manage to communicate with other intelligent life forms though I image that is not highly likely considering the vast distances between stars. I surely don't mind at all efforts like SETI to make that kind of connection but I also would like to see that and much MORE effort put into solving our own problems here on planet earth. If we do that, maybe we will stick around long enough to make those exciting extra-terrestrial contacts.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jason P said:

There is without doubt other life in the universe. But travel logistics make it highly unlikely we will ever make contact with intelligent life unless the laws of physics are rewritten.

There is still a chance of discovering basic life forms within our solar system as long as water is present in orbiting moons or Mars.

Agree. Also I'd like to add that if another life form had the technology to visit then it's my personal belief that they'd have the technology to do so without us ever detecting them.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I think there probably is life out there. I'm not so sure we ever need to find or communicate with them though. They may not be as keen on the idea of life elsewhere like we are.
  • Options
    It would be arrogant to assume that Earth possesses is the only intelligent life in the vast universe. (no offense to anyone, but seriously…)
  • Options

It would be arrogant to assume that Earth possesses is the only intelligent life in the vast universe. (no offense to anyone, but seriously…)

Especially when we are so marginally intelligent- or at least I'm fairly sure that's how we would be perceived.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    'Oh oh I'm an alien, oh I'm a legal alien'...
    -

In the 'future' I don't think traveling great distances will be that much of an issue, as long as we work out the whole fusion(energy)/hyper drive machine type stuff.

Create wormholes, so we just 'leap' or 'jump' into different areas/dimensions.

Bend time-space, 'fold' our 'space' and we won't even have to move.

That's advanced technology.
    -

I also think we should focus our efforts on finding more Intelligent life on this planet.

• Options
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet. (Jack Handy)
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    well so far there is no positive proof that we have been visited by little green men, we have landed on the moon and found no other forms of life,we have sent roovers to mars and found no signs of life, we have the hubble selescope and have some beautiful pictures of space....but that's it, Orson Wells is still laughing at us but we still have big foot to chase right ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
  • Options
    it dosen't get more real than ALF ! HHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHA
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I always thought it interesting how our depictions of "aliens" have human features. Same basic physical appearance, with added skin color, eye size, etc.

Think ET.

Who knows what kind of form they'd be? Probably beyond the realm of our comprehension.

• Options

well so far there is no positive proof that we have been visited by little green men, we have landed on the moon and found no other forms of life,we have sent roovers to mars and found no signs of life, we have the hubble selescope and have some beautiful pictures of space....but that's it, Orson Wells is still laughing at us but we still have big foot to chase right ?

Godfather.

GF! Greetings! I was beginning to wonder if you had been abducted by aliens! :-)

• Options
    hahhahhahhhahah no just my wife :))

Godfather.
  • Options
  • Options
    I have a question about Aliens...
    Why don't they wear any clothing? I mean, would we ever send a human into outer space, naked?
    They supposedly have the technology to be able to build machines able to traverse through space/time... including the ability to survive traveling through a black hole... but, they do not wear any protective gear. Why is that? They must have superior brains... hasn't any of them thought about possibly protecting that brain with a crash helmet?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Cosmo said:

hasn't any of them thought about possibly protecting that brain with a crash helmet?

I'm thinking that if you crashed in space.,... a helmet would be a little redundant.

• Options
    dignin said:

Cosmo said:

hasn't any of them thought about possibly protecting that brain with a crash helmet?

I'm thinking that if you crashed in space.,... a helmet would be a little redundant.
    I see your point. And maybe their brains are in their asses...
    Which might be proof that they came here and had sex with some humans.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited April 2014
    Cosmo said:

dignin said:

Cosmo said:

I see your point. And maybe their brains are in their asses...
    Which might be proof that they came here and had sex with some humans.

Haha, so true.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmMsxqWYK-g
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    Cosmo said:

Why don't they wear any clothing? I mean, would we ever send a human into outer space, naked?
    They supposedly have the technology to be able to build machines able to traverse through space/time... including the ability to survive traveling through a black hole... but, they do not wear any protective gear. Why is that? They must have superior brains... hasn't any of them thought about possibly protecting that brain with a crash helmet?

I'm fairly sure there was an 80's song about "Dancing With the Naked Aliens", wasn't there?

:))

• Options
    “Something Is Monitoring The Planet, And They Are Monitoring it Very Cautiously” – Mike Gravel

The UFO topic seems to increase in intensity year after year. With a tremendous amount of credible information now available in the public domain, well known individuals are not afraid to share their voice with the world. It seems that a number of people would like to see this information surface, at the same time there seems to be so much secrecy behind the subject that a number of people would like to see it remain hidden.

Former Sen. Mike Gravel (D-Alaska), and 2008 presidential candidate says that there is “an extraterrestrial influence that is investigating our planet. Something is monitoring the planet and they are monitoring it very cautiously.” He’s not the only one making these claims. A number of Astronauts, Professors, high ranking military and political personnel have been doing the same over the years. Official documentation released from three letter agencies, governments, and the freedom of information act are available to the public domain and back up what is being said by these people.

These comments come from Mr. Gravel after the recent “citizens hearing on disclosure.”

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/06/03/former-senator-presidential-candidate-an-extraterrestrial-influence-is-investigating-our-planet/